Rearranging and Removing Portals

The only reason for the change from number of subscribers to time played is because they lost so many in Warlords, and not all came back for Legion.

1 Like

I’d love to meet the devs that honestly feel like removing flight, removing QoL, etc, is good for the game.

I’d love to go out for beers with them and respectfully discuss it, at length.

And if at the end of the evening they still believed they were in the right, I would REDACTED

:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I don’t think you would get a “respectful” discussion.

1 Like

lol I’m getting the distinct feeling that Tarc is using a friend or a second account to like all his posts… Every. Single. One. is by the exact same rando iron dwarf character with a hidden profile. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced such a uniform, singular, unabating string of likes… By someone that never pipes up to contribute to the conversation…

There was, after all, a long conversation about the weird buggy ways the new forums let us bypass the like limit in the previous portal thread… :thinking:

5 Likes

Omg,yup,i’ll hold out on patch day :pleading_face:

Honestly I think WoW would have been fine if they’d never put flying in. ESO is a fantastic, successful game and they don’t have it. But once you open those doors, you can’t really close them. It’s too late to take it back out now.

Tbh I don’t think it was even a Dev level call. It was probably decided at a higher level to boost “player engagement” or some other such nonsense having to do with a metric.

Try to actually use the argument I am making and not the one of pure fiction that is your own head.

I never stated they needed to take feedback with doing what I say, I am asking you to give specific examples of when it is listened to.

This is your last chance, and I know you won’t comply with a simple request. But I’ll give you a shot anyway, consider it charity. A gift for the needy.

7 Likes

It would’ve been fine without flying if they hadn’t gone the route of “terrain challenges,” which people see right through. The layout of WoD, Legion, and now BFA is tedious and cludge-y and trippy and clunky and it adds nothing of value to the game.

People should have reasons to move slowly and explore. At least WoD had that with worthwhile treasures–and then they gutted that in Legion for no apparent reason.

1 Like

Higher ups very seldom give specific instructions like that, though. They give the dev team objectives to meet - cut costs, increase player engagement - and the devs figure out how to meet them.

The most specific it’s likely to get is someone higher on the food chain going, “Ion, why does this report say that (major budget line item) only has a 17% adoption rate?” Then the dev team decides how to bribe more players into war mode, or island expeditions, or Shrine of the Storms.

5 Likes

I’d be even more fine if they made it fun to stay on the ground, like GW2. Those mounts are fun as hell to move around on. It really works well, and they can make the terrain however they want because you’ve got mounts with different ways to get around that terrain.

2 Likes

Wow, you cracked the secret on opinions! I’ll let you in on the next secret; we have different opinions on this topic.

And that’s ok.

1 Like

If you think it’s okay that people have different opinions from yours why have you spent this entire thread as well as the previous one heckling them for it lmao

10 Likes

Apparently, Blizzard cares. They have made it very clear that they only care about max levels and the newest expansion. Once an expansion goes live, they drop all support for the previous ones unless they get too many tickets about a bug in that content. Then, they will grudgingly fix that bug.

A large portion of the player base has also been infected with this attitude. If someone has not bought the newest expansion, they are regarded as if they were on a starter account, regardless of the fact that, if they can post on the forums, they are still paying for a subscription.

Blizzard doesn’t care about the leveling experience for any character that has not yet started questing in the newest expansion… and not much for those who have, but have not yet reached max level.

3 Likes

I’m just worried that this is going to give someone ideas.

Good point. I didn’t think of it that way. I just wish they cared more about the customer than an arbitrary metric.

Does anyone remember that one time when they added portals all over Suramar and there was a huge outcry and complaints about how much smaller the world felt and how lazy we all were for using Shal’aran to port to the Twilight Vineyards (or worse, GASP, the entrance to Nighthold!!!) and the like and how having those multiple two-way portals ALL OVER Suramar were completely against the DAY ONE lodestar guiding principal of the game and didn’t encourage us to hoof it there and engage with other players so they removed them later following feedback?

Me neither.

13 Likes

Unfortunately this problem will only get worse with the more expansions they keep adding. The leveling continuity will make less and less sense, and more content will keep getting abandoned.

1 Like

I see you are stiil constructing the same strawmans a day later.

4 Likes

I don’t think you know what “heckling” actually means. I have posted my opinions, interacted with others who don’t like those opinions. Some people have been quite reasonable, some fluctuate between reasonable and attacking, while a tiny handful have been rather Gonzo. Unfortunately I cannot name names, but you ca click on any of my posts in this thread and see the variety of response types.