Rearranging and Removing Portals

Sadly, you are probably right, but I remember well when the flying debacle broke loose in WOD. We had about a week, after the forums and fan sites blew up, when no one peep came from Blizzard.

Dead silence. No speeches, no blues to the forums, no asking the forums for feedback.

Everyone was assuming that there was nothing that they could do, but simply refused to stop letting Blizzard know how unhappy they were.

They were REALLY angry, disappointed and seriously making the point that this was a “deal breaking” decision as far as a very large part of the player base was concerned.

I expect it was probably more the number of sub cancellations that hit them hardest, along with the really bad PR that was all over YouTube and in all of the fan sites.

Half the threads on the forums related to the no flying edict.

Whether Blizzard takes a moment to consider whether the trust and good will of their players/customers means anything, or not is a toss up. They have been anything but open and communicative with us up to now, on a whole range of changes, BUT have been known to take a step back upon occasion.

It is not really helpful when a blue gives us the “it is a tradition” spiel that we all know is horse hockey, since it has never been regularly done…ever.

If you want your players/customers to be receptive about what you want to change, you need to start by being honest with them. If there are really good reasons, even if they do not like it, players generally will grit their teeth and bite the bullet without too much aggro.

If players feel they are being fed a bill of goods and that there is not really acceptable reason for making a change, well, Blizzard at least would be no worse off that they are now and would create a whole lot less distrust than they have already created for themselves.

JMO

11 Likes

Thats cute and all but the blues here have made it CLEAR that they HEARD the feedback.
And since they HEARD it, we can now know that they IGNORED it as well
Easy enough?

7 Likes

This is a bad change, please put the removed portals in the new portal rooms

8 Likes

“We have revamped the way you gain levels. You need to attune yourself by completing the Loremaster achievement for each expansion before moving to the next. Optionally you can purchase a Loremaster token for an expansion for $60.”

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I am dying

5 Likes

I know that you spend your time fanboi’ing around on here, but my ask was really specific. Give examples when feedback (note: NOT MY FEEDBACK) was given and changes were made.

If you can’t do that, admit it. Otherwise I’ll get bored of your circular arguments.

10 Likes

Tarc, what are you hoping to accomplish in this thread?

3 Likes

isnt it peculiar that the ONE expansion they are MOST attacking with this crap is the ONE expansion that blows their trash expansion…BfA…out of the water.
Blindingly obvious this was a petulant act of jealousy that has no value whatsoever in making this game more fun to play.

1 Like

What I don’t get is the time and energy they spent to make it so that we can level in any zone and then they make those zones difficult to get to. For example, I can go to Kun-Lai Summit at level 82, but I have to go through the Jade Forest in order to get there. They should be improving the system by making city portals (Like the Shrine) accessible as soon as you can access the content, not removing portals (Like the Shrine) that make it so you can get to the content you want to do.

2 Likes

“Zone and dungeon remakes” aka “removing content from lower level characters and making it max level only.”

Yeah, I am sick and tired of Blizzard taking content away from low level characters. It’s not so bad when they made heroic versions of low level dungeons, but when they take those dungeons completely away from low levels, I get P/Oed about it.

You seem to fall into the same camp as Blizzard in your disdain for low level characters.

2 Likes
  • Goblin Glider now requires Pathfinder for ALL expansions owing to the Cartels going on a strike for pay rise.

I…said no such thing. :roll_eyes:

What I questioned was why you keep asking me “how’s that ML goin for ya?”", when the question has no applicability. You may as well ask “how’s that pool water feel?” to someone who doesn’t like to swim.

You clearly have no use for the missing portals…thus you have no dog in this race…

I do use the portals nearly every day. There was just a thread a week or so ago from a guy who claimed the loot tables were bugged in old raids because he’d never, ever gotten Anetheron’s Noose to drop. I took my 4 cloth-wearers up to Dalaran, through the CoT portal, into Hyjal, and got it to drop on the 3rd run.

If that thread had happened next week, I would have gone to Orgrimmar, then Shattrath, then talk to Zephyr. Or fly from Uldum if any of those alts didn’t have KoT to Revered.

I post here, and will continue to post despite your best efforts, to argue that the “extra time” this will take is negligible.

/munches on untaken :cookie:

“Since flight paths are so boring, we are now implementing a new mini game at random points. Your flight mount will recreate the Deathwing barrel roll, and players must react, or fall to their deaths. This will help ensure that less people afk out on flights, and appreciate all the land that they are flying over!”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

How about this -

Just don’t.

Subscriptions are no longer the primary source of income from this game for Blizzard. They are more and more relying on store purchases, service charges and boosts to produce the income they hope for.

Supposedly, the more hours people spend online each day, the more extra purchases they are likely to make. I wonder though, have they confused cause and effect, and will inducing players to stay online linger merely lose them income by causing players to unsub altogether?

1 Like

“We have gotten a lot of feedback about the state of Marksmanship Hunters on the forums. Many posts describe how this spec in its current iteration feels very “boring”. To compensate for this, the team has decided it’s best to remove Survival entirely so that MM isn’t being overshadowed. Thank you for your feedback!”

:no_good_man: these sound so real

5 Likes

We felt bad that players who had gotten SoTS and KR keystones weren’t doing them. Since the dungeons are balanced, and you should be having fun, your Mythic+ keystone persists from week to week. (by EmmEnnEff)

2 Likes

You’re either lying or you do very little farming.

This has absolutely no impact on you at all. Yet here you are, telling us lies and spreading your hatefulness because we dare to talk back to Blizzard about something.

7 Likes

They’re April Fool’s jokes. Until they’re not. SEE: GCD.

4 Likes

That’s not a meaningful question, as you continue to equate “feedback given” with “they must do what you (the royal you) say”.

1 Like

So you are a “cyclical” player? No wonder you can’t understand why people who normally stay subscribed all year around are upset.

8 Likes