Rearranging and Removing Portals

I wish people couldn’t post without an active sub but as far as I know that bug hasn’t been fixed yet.

As someone who plays a mage occasionally, pleaseno don’t give them to mages. Just put them in the portal room.

I want to be able to play the game game, not the “pretend I didn’t see the increasingly aggressive whispers and party invites from people who want to go farm mounts and transmog” game.

6 Likes

If anything, I’d say the numbers disagree with you. But I guess have fun with classic when it comes out!

5 Likes

Either way it DOES increase my time played to do that quest.

Same thing. You get less done during the same amount of time. If you choose to skip sleep/family-time/job-time/eating because you’ve GOT TO FINISH IT NOW, that’s on you. :wink:

Unfortunately more and more WoW customers are doing this. It is not good for the game to reduce the community .

8 Likes

Every time I walk around a caplital city and it seems full, as soon as someone from my server or guild walks by, tons of people seem to phase out. This happens a ton on the docks by the ship currently. Right by the honorbound quest/rep NPC.

1 Like

I farm nodes sometimes, if there is something I want to make or if I am working on my profession. I actually hate that they made professions require separate grinding. I liked being able to level my lower level profession skills by doing current stuff. Now I have to farm low level stuff just so I can have the skills.

Both.

Probably not.

While a drop rate increase would be nice, it doesn’t need to be massive.

Not at all. I like being able to one shot mobs that used to give me trouble. While it can be fun to test my skills against mobs of equal or higher level than my character, that can also become tiresome (prior to scaling being added to the old world, I once killed one of the elementals in Mt Hyjal on a level 66 death knight… that was cool). One shotting mobs reaffirms that I have actually made some progression on that character.

I would actively hate it if every zone scaled to 120. I don’t even like the scaling we have now. I would have much preferred it if they had gone with some kind of mentoring system (such as EQ2 has), so it would be optional. Unfortunately, Blizzard doesn’t seem to know what that word means.

6 Likes

yeah…my bad for not knowing that youre completely and utterly incapable of comprehending how ML being removed WASTED raiders time for no good reason…just like you are incapable of understanding how this portal removal wastes the time of old world farmers.

Go play your game now.
None of this affects you either way.

3 Likes

If you are ever able to get an answer for that please share it with the community.

10 Likes

Might wanna shift to a lower gear there, before certain forum overseers begin to take notice. It is possible to discuss something passionately without an edge of nastiness.

Have one of Grumbles’ :cookie:, they are delicious.

how ML being removed WASTED raiders time for no good reason…

I am well aware of the ML vs. PL debate, but to my knowledge I have not entered an opinion in to any of the many discussions, nor do I plan to at this time.

just like you are incapable of understanding how this portal removal wastes the time of old world farmers.

It doesn’t waste my time, and I am an old world farmer as well.

Go play your game now.
None of this affects you either way.

Yet it does.

Just how would keeping the portals that currently exist “block” new content?

4 Likes

It has been answered many times. The problem arises because you equate “Blizzard didn’t agree with my feedback” with “Blizzard ignored my feedback.”

2 Likes

By radically reducing the demand for legacy zones, they can retire or re-assign those servers.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be ambiguous… “they can retire or re-assign the resources that support virtual shard/zone instances”.

I would presume (I may be mistaken) that those resources are partitioned or at least reserved for specific uses rather than all lumped into one pool. Ie: warmode vs non, realm-timezone/wargroup/RP, etc.

No, not really. Can you give 3 examples in the past 3 years where feedback has been listened to and changes have been reverted?

3 Likes

Y’all are getting sucked into circular tangential arguments by Blizz’s defenders.

If someone isn’t arguing on the merits of the subject, ignore them.

7 Likes

Kaivax, the supportive half of the community on this measure put together a few more modifications the team could make to introduce more realism, depth, and scope.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/ayn0c5/predict_the_next_unnecessary_random_change_in_wow/

13 Likes

All right.

Here’s the problem:

You’re getting rid of quick access to central locations in Pandaria. This is especially egregious for Pandaria, since the majority of endgame content is to the west, and the portal is in the easternmost zone.

Look, if you want to mitigate the use of faction hubs from previous expansions, that’s great. Strip out the extra portals to faction capital cities after an expansion, it makes sense.

The other stuff makes less sense. The portals beneath Legion Dalaran were a tremendous convenience, and their removal is at least as tremendously painful. I really liked the feeling of being able to come up with a shortcut through New Dalaran, and in less than a week you’re taking that from me.

For people playing through these zones at level, the placement of the portals more or less makes sense. For the ever growing number of characters who are revisiting old content, their usefulness is a crapshoot.

I can see how this could be a good idea. But it’s a poor execution, and while you’ve got angry people here saying they’re done and letting their subscription run out now, I’d keep an eye on late in the expansion, whole waiting for the next one. That’s usually high time to play through the old stuff, and while I doubt many players will immediately recoil in horror and jump ship when they realize that there’s a couple extra minutes here and there, the cumulative effect will sour some people deeply as they just have a little less fun constantly with every little extra leg of a trip.

Sure, I’ll stick around a while longer, but I might take the next expansion off.

4 Likes

Caverns of Time is the big one that will be a pain in the neck to get to for farming of the various raids & dungeons in there. If you want us running old content for stuff, don’t make it so difficult to get to, it’s that simple!

Sorry, theres nothing to oversee. You admitted to being unable to understand the ML issue, simple as that.
You clearly have no use for the missing portals…thus you have no dog in this race…and youve admitted that ML removal has no bearing on your game.
There is nothing you have to offer here of any possible relevance.
trolling is pretty much the only input you could possibly bring to this discussion.

5 Likes

:thinking:

The problem arises because you equate “Blizzard didn’t agree with my feedback” with “Blizzard ignored my feedback.”

You are literally doing what I just pointed out is wrong.

1 Like