Realm transfer fees from low pop servers are insulting

Just take a breath, step back, and think for a second about how crazy everything you just said was. Because I disagree with you about how a VIDEO GAME COMPANY is controlling population on their VIDEO GAME servers… you’ve decided I have “zero empathy for others” and “enjoy seeing dogs run over by cars.”
Seems like you’ve completely lost the plot. When you get back in touch with reality let me know and maybe we can continue this discussion.

2 Likes

The dudes a dense shill.

Its a player created issue and its the responsibility of a company to prevent players from taking these types of things to the extreme. They are almost entirely hands off with classic because it keeps operating costs low on a game that isnt thier cashcow. They are months behind on fixing known issues.

There is currently a Kael thas threat drop they just admitted as a known bug. Its been over a month since this was reported by multiple guilds on the PTR. This is just one example of how little resources are being put into MANAGING classic, and thats the real issue here that causes this level of server imbalance. A lack of oversight.

4 Likes

Yea man. Because I don’t think Blizzard needs to start merging servers I’m a shill sociopath who likes watching dogs get run over in front of small children.

Do you guys even listen to yourselves? FFS…

Ya, never said the sociopath part, I’m sure you’ll get over someone elses insult, but you definitely fit the shill role with the amount of times you blame players over a clearly shell of a good company that has proven time and time again to not care about paying fans more than your average botter.

Do you even read what I type? FFS…

3 Likes

I blame Blizzard when it fits. The problem with you people is that you become a caricature because anytime you dont get your way or are inconvenienced in the slightest yall throw an insane tantrum on the forums and say just bat-$4it crazy stuff like

You’re like PETA. While you may have started out with a righteous cause… you’ve become such a shrill voice of nonsense that no one pays any attention to you at all anymore.

But you’re probably right. While not a shill as someone who has run large public-facing companies I’m probably a little more sensitive to idiot consumers flying off half-cocked.

1 Like

Time to calm down. I’m not “you people” and I’m simply saying that a lack of oversight and the removal of the one thing people saw as a reason NOT to stack a server beyond say 10k for example is also a major contributor in this issue.

If as a team, managing classic, you made these decisions, and didnt see a serious issue with people flocking to a small minority of servers than you deserved to be told you are partly responsible. What have I said here that sounds insane to you or Bat$hit as you put it? What tantrum have I thrown. It seems to be you with near 5k posts that is constantly throwing tantrums over peoples tantrums I guess.

4 Likes

Lmao your posts are making me lose brain cells. Blizzard must be paying you well to come here and make yourself look like an idiot

5 Likes

Yea well unfortunately you got lumped in with the rabble you were agreeing with. That’s the danger in championing the same issues as the craven masses I suppose.

Case in point

1 Like

Who says druids can’t AOE tank?

1 Like

just level new character on new server. problem solved

Lol. I certainly get plenty of practice here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah its about sides now. Ok, time to let you do you.

I’ll stay objective somewhere else.

1 Like

My own situation is mostly fine FYI so I’m going to assume you’re speaking in a general sense.

If we are going to use the apartment as an example it’s more like this - a person moved into an apartment 3 months ago. There’s a leak in the roof of one of the rooms thanks to your neighbor. The electricity works only in the kitchen but nowhere else. The landlord doesn’t fix anything but offers this sweet deal, pay $500 and you can move to this apartment down the hall where everything works. Do you take that offer or do you walk away?

My dog example was extreme and I knew you’d call me on it - and hell you’ll probably think my apartment one was too - but you’re the one talking about TV sales and “popular apartments”. Regardless you don’t actually seem to care about the people involved here or even notice what compels people to take actions in a social MMO.

I have people who agree with or at least respect what I say on almost every topic and people who don’t like me. That’s probably true for every frequent poster here because I know there are people who don’t like your stuff in general either. If you want to do personal attacks now since I said you lack empathy (and do you actually have any here AT ALL?) that’s fine.

I’m not going to keep debating this with you but I will keep empathizing with the people in crappy situations with their servers.

1 Like

I’m sure there are “very fine people” on both sides

Those would be STRUCTURAL problems. Your issue’s aren’t with the STRUCTURAL nature of the game. If/when the game just isnt working, servers are down etc… those are totally acceptable complaints and analogous to your example.

But your issues with the game aren’t STRUCTURAL, they’re SOCIAL. The apartment works just fine for the most part, the electricity works as well as it does anywhere etc. But you’re upset because you had really cool neighbors when you moved in but now you dont. While that’s unfortunate, and while it may be something it would behoove the owner to remediate, it’s quite a stretch to suggest it’s their RESPONSIBILITY, as it was never guaranteed

Calm down lol. Pretty sure the only one who approached a personal attack was you. You don’t get to show your belly and be the victim now…

1 Like

So much entitlement, jesus

And for the record I’ve said many many times in the dozens of posts on this very common topic that I agree it absolutely sucks. Classic in particular wasn’t built to be a single-player game, and one of the most likely things to cause people to quit is not being able to form groups/socialize/do any of the things that make it an MMO. That’s why I sat through stupid long queues to make sure I was on one of the biggest servers, because this has been an issue for 15 years. I abandoned servers in vanilla because they became too small to raid or even group on, so I understand the problem. It’s just not an easy one to fix, and any proposed fix comes with other significant drawbacks.
So while I agree it is a problem, making threads alleging everyone at Blizzard is an idiot or that they’re intentionally tanking servers to fuel xfer revenue isn’t just stupid… its counterproductive. Because much like PETA, while there are real issues there that potentially have real solutions… when yall become a chorus of people screaming insults and nonsense about conspiracy theories

you just get tuned out completely…

No they didn’t. This is a player created issue.

1 Like

Your comparisons just don’t work. If the U.S. had no restrictions on people moving to the U.S. and people from other countries flooded in, is it the government’s fault for having no laws preventing it or the people who flooded the country?

1 Like

Neither… Blame isn’t a given, sometimes things just happen. You don’t always have to find someone to point the finger at for not micromanaging better…

And what are you suggesting anyway? There have been limits on who can come INTO a server. New characters and xfers are often locked on high pop servers. But you can’t force people to go TO a low pop server any more than you can force someone to move to a poor country. And you can’t just start combining servers without backlash any more than you can combine countries… for a lot of the same reasons incidentally. Its actually a pretty good comparison the more you play it out