Realm transfer fees from low pop servers are insulting

Blizzard, come on…offer free transfers off low pop servers or merge them together. You have intentionally created a bad play experience and do nothing about it other than charge players to fix it. It shouldn’t be put to the player base to manage the server population. Smolderweb only has few hundred players left on the server at this point.

13 Likes

I agree with your concern, but wouldn’t it be better to offer free transfers TO low pop servers and FROM high pop servers? Isn’t the goal to even out populations?

LOL. Why would someone go to a low pop server if there’s layers and no queues. Transfers to low pop never works

10 Likes

The players created the issue, had nothing to do with Blizz at all. Free xfers just exacerbate the problem on low pop servers and a lot of people are strongly opposed to mergers.

6 Likes

Blizzard already offers this. I’d be fine with a free transfer to a medium population server. As of right now my server has a handful of alliance about 200-300 horde players. Last night after the patch launched there were only 150 players online. Thats not enough to do content or group or have a viable economy. Its just of bad of a play experience to be on a low pop server as a high pop one and it should be up to them to fix the issue. Most of the players in my guild have remained because the refuse to give blizzard anymore money for being lazy. I’m in the same boat, I’ve cancelled my sub instead of paying $200 bucks to transfer my 70ies to another server.

3 Likes

Insulting, yet helping to set record-breaking YoY profits.

1 Like

While it is a player created issue, it’s also true that Blizzard let the players create the issue.

4 Likes

Its all about GREED at this point. Personally i think i’m done with activation blizzard.

6 Likes

Did the players create unending layers with no queues (which is not authentic to how it was 15 years ago - instead it’s basically Retail) which allowed an unending population on one server?

Yes it’s pure greed and it’s nice that the majority can see that.

4 Likes

They are tired of seeing it on the forums and the intern doesn’t know how to merge servers. Best for them to make transfers cheaper so that there are less people who will complain. Animals.

1 Like

That was obviously an attempt to fix another player-made issue. You may not agree with it, or how it was implemented, but assuming it’s part of some underhanded conspiracy to force people to transfer is a little far-fetched

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a conspiracy, I think it’s all business decisions.

I also don’t understand the victim-blaming and company defending from some on this forum. It’s bizarre.

5 Likes

I would put it by them as they sit back and watch servers die. It would be extremely easy for them to merge their dead servers yet they do nothing other than lower the price of a transfer.

2 Likes

Everyone needs to e-mail the two new Presidents of Blizzard.

mybarra@blizzard.com
joneal@blizzard.com

They have ignored their customers for far too long.

Well…blizzard COULD introduce faction queues, or could have just done a mega pvp realm with layers, but we all know how the player base will exploit everything for personal gain so…

No matter what blizzard can do, it’s more of the players fault over blizzard. Blizzard could put 100 fail safes to over come this and I bet you someone out there would break those fail safes.

Also I want to add that the player base is way more “organized” now vs 15 years ago. I mean heck we now have realm discords ffs.

1 Like

If everyone rushes Fry’s and buys out all the Samsung Tv’s. it’s not “victim blaming” to point out that it was an entirely predictable and consumer-created problem that the lines were long and they sold out fast. Likewise, if you chose to go with a cheaper less popular TV instead because you didn’t want to wait in line, it’s not Fry’s fault that it may not last as long. You as a consumer made your choice. Now you reap the consequences of that choice. The company simply provided the platform, its not their responsibility to micromanage every little facet of your experience to make sure you don’t make a poor decision, or to fix the consequences of those decisions.

4 Likes

Part of me wonders if they’d go as far as to make up bogus characters, cheat code them to 60/70, cheat code them to pre-raid BiS or ‘previous tier’ BiS. Then send them into raids with GM damage buffs and GM damage mitigation buffs.

((To allow them to dps “normally” and not die while being controlled via scripts.))

Then upload the parses to WCL so places like IronforgePRO can scrap the data.

All to skew the populations to get people to fork out money to transfer to and from realms.

EDIT: Might not even need to do this since they would know how to forge a combat log.

But that’s insane, and tinfoil hatting.

Ya, and it’s been mentioned that Blizz made like $100k in transfers from a massive exodus. You don’t think money speaks?

…besides, it’s what I’d do, as a somewhat business-savvy person. It’s all about making the perception that The Customer needs to spend money; cell phone comes are the poster child of this.

1 Like

Your TV example doesn’t really apply here. it’s completely expected and new stock will come in or a new sale will happen. Many businesses will even do rainchecks etc. So at the end of the day, it’s no big deal. There also is nothing social about buying a TV either like there is with an MMO. It’s really not the same thing at all.

If a person researched servers 6 months ago (when constant layers were considered “bad”) and they picked what looked like a healthy server with close to 50% horde and 50% alliance and say 5000 people how would they know that the server would be completely unplayable now? I am not even talking about faction balance or PVP/PVE. I am talking about a complete inability to even find any groups or really play the core of the game.

Since Blizzard is refusing to actually help and people are in a crappy situation no matter what I’d pretty much put this in an area similar to a predatory practice. The main difference is that this is a video game and therefore it’s comparatively minor. People on the fence can and should just quit and walk away if they don’t think this is right and I encourage it if that’s what they want to do. Nobody should feel compelled to pay extra money or spend $15/month on a game that is mostly unplayable.

Anyway you can keep fanboying Blizzard and victim-blaming while lacking any empathy. I’m pretty sure you’re the type to laugh at a kid who just had his dog run over by a car, which could have also been prevented, because that just seems to be the type of person you are. Zero empathy for others.

8 Likes

Not comparable. Blizzard removed the things that were in place to discourage stacking servers. Had they left those in place, players would not rush to get on a realm with a queue. Blizzard opened the floodgate. They are not blameless.

7 Likes

Ok fine. So you moved into the cheap apartments because you didn’t want to wait for the popular apartments to open up. Or maybe they even seemed like popular apartments, but now a year later everyone has moved out of your apartments for the better ones and you can barely ever find a game at the courts and no one is ever hanging out at the pool. Sure maybe the company could offer incentives, but its hardly their responsibility. They never promised you an exciting social scene, they just promised you a place to live and the amenities listed. Same for small servers. The game is still playable. If it’s not as social as you would like… there are options available to you. But it’s hardly Blizzards responsibility to fix everything for you

1 Like