Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

I looked it up and they apparently allowed you to transfer different faction characters during SoD in the past. So probably this time they will as well. If there’s only going to be one server then they’d kind of have to allow it I think.

There is a blue post on this
Looking through some common questions, FCMs ignore some common Paid transfer restrictions such as level restrictions, gold restrictions. But you will have to no longer be a Guild Master.

Also, yes, these transfers ignore Faction restrictions, you will still be able to get all your characters on one realm. This has always been a ‘dirty secret’ of these free character moves when offered from PvP to PvP. We’re discussing if we want to remove this PvP faction restriction entirely on these realms post-merge. Regardless, intentionally disruptive gameplay such as cross-faction griefing will still be against the Terms of Service.

Oceanic servers are currently planned to be included in this FCM offering, but we are open to feedback on this. The Oceanic PvE realm no longer sustains actual group play, and the PvP realm is looking worse for ware, we feel that a higher ping but actual ability to find groups for content supersedes lower ping times but we are open to feedback and opinions on this.

As always thank you for your feedback!

2 Likes

Yes you can have opposite faction characters on a PvP server now.

No level requirements or gold cap.

account that has not once logged into Vanilla World of Warcraft since July 11th will be eligible to lose any character names it has reserved

Does this mean that they just need to have logged into classic (so even Era) to keep the names they have? i see mine is taken by a level 22 who hasn’t been on, but if they played any classic they get to keep the name?

It really should be a per character basis, if someone hasn’t logged into said character since july 11th, they will get a name reclamation

You can create characters on Crusader Strike right now and reserve names??? - confirmed you can create alliance or horde toons on Crusader Strike to reserve names right now… Unless these toons are going to get deleted before 6 PST that’s a gg

Wait so is this a forced move or something to do at one’s leisure? Language seems to imply they’re merging all the pvp realms into CS.

It is forced because they disable new character creation on all existing servers besides the designated mega server. This will cause the server to eventually die, thus being forced to transfer.

Something to do at one’s leisure.

All Blizzard will do is lock the other realms so nobody can make new characters on them, and open Free Character Moves to the destination realms.

They won’t force you to transfer, they won’t transfer your characters for you.

However, the servers being locked will die rapidly because players will leave in the thousands so they aren’t the ones left behind on a dead server.

It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy basically. Blizzard is saying “we know these servers are dead/dying” and then making sure they die.

In typical blizzard fashion you have already screwed us all over and this move is meaningless. you guys opened character creation for an hour today without announcing it and there was enough people who knew about it to log on and take all the names they wanted, which will fall outside the date laid out here.

2 Likes

yeah we been waiting for a transfer off bad sever Lone Wolf for over 4 months … hmmm even offer to pay money to transfer but still keep people stuck on a sever they do not wish to play we shall see

2 Likes

Once again another personal fail from my perspective. I was so looking forward to hopefully getting off this toxic PVP server(CS).

3 Likes

Not allowing pvp to pve transfer during this transfer phase so they can keep the “faction balance” was a huge fail.

Despite overwhelming feedback asking for people to be allowed to move off these servers, they didn’t take the easy win.

3 Likes

just a heads up that the cap on how many you can have per server is also broken…can confirm there’s someone out there who reserved 37 names on CS… (they posted pix on the LoneWolf-CS server disc)

1 Like

Maybe nobody asked for it on X. Hades knows they never read the forums when they ask for feedback. >>

1 Like

Agreed. ive played on pvp servers for 20 years id never ever ever even consider rolling PVE. my whole guild has a similar mindset. Just the carebears are complaining o
n here is all i see.

I want to be able to transfer to the mega server and so do alot of others this thread is just a loud minority if they dont want to transfer thats there choice But let rest of us transfer please.

3 Likes

its literally all :sob: in here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Objectively the right thing to do is go where the population is best to sustain vigorous game playe. Oh also I love how you appear to be trying to be the lone voice of reason by insulting the rest of us , Good tactic chief.

The oceanic community …most of us accept that we represent a very small part of the wow community at large and are smart/reasonable enough to understand that sometimes for the greater good (in this case life) of the server small sacrifices have to be made. and this is a SMALL sacrifice most of US wont even notice the difference in ping as we’ve all been farming AV with no issue.

Elron you should just unsub if your so damm high and mighty righteous , Some of us are willing to endure the OMG .2 of a second delay to have an active community.

1 Like

Has there been any clarification if there is a gold cap when transferring characters? I can’t find that information on any of the blue posts or the announcement page.

Heh, being forced to merge to an existing server where they have priority for names, opening character creation 2 days early while OCE are still sleeping and don’t even tell us how/where we’re supposed to do the actual transfer. They really don’t like us, do they?

3 Likes