Realm Consolidation Update - Oceanic Realms

Hey there,

We have poured through all the feedback on this topic and settled on a direction forward for the Oceanic realms in Season of Discovery.

As of now, transfers are available from -

Penance (AU) —> Wild Growth
Shadowstrike (AU) —> Crusader Strike

Wild Growth —> Penance (AU)
Crusader Strike —> Shadowstrike (AU)

We’re leaving this both direction Free Character Move open to allow players to move a character, see how things feel and decide if they wish to commit and discuss things within their communities on next steps. The path back to the Oceanic realms is currently planned to remain open for the next two weeks, but we will evaluate extending that date if needed. It will not remain open indefinitely to avoid creating faction imbalance back-doors and farming shenanigans.

It is our belief that your best experiences within Season of Discovery lie on the larger realms and the effect of increased ping times is far less impactful than many players think. Classic World of Warcraft was designed for a world where dial-up was the norm and still performs well in surprisingly high latency. But, we also understand this is going to be very subjective to everyone.

We thank you for your patience while we mulled over the options here and hope this solution gives as much flexibility as possible for Oceanic players to try things out.

25 Likes

Thank you blizz.

8 Likes

at the risk of sounding ungrateful , why did it take so long it was an obvious decision.

Thankyou for saving our realm

Penance

7 Likes

Thank you for seeing reason.

6 Likes

Thank you Blizzard, you have saved SoD for me. I will be playing until the end now!

6 Likes

great decision, thank you to those that contributed to this being resolved

3 Likes

Thankyou, great decision

2 Likes

fair enough but Classic world of warcraft also had batching to compensate for high ping, not to mention we’re on a completely different client.

2 Likes

And you now need counselling right…

we sincerely apologise for what must have been an excrutiating 24hrs
we are not normally like this
our parents gave us too much red cordial
who am i kidding were always like this

love ya guts Garnet

2 Likes

Thanks Boys - Seeya SS!!! Hope Elron and his band of Merry Men have fun!

2 Likes

I love democracy.

6 Likes

Thank you Blizzard!

4 Likes

Thank you for this

3 Likes

If you don’t think ping is an issue then force everyone to transfer over to Aussie ping

7 Likes

If we are being forsed to play with 200ms i can’t see why we can’t go to Wild Growth so atleast the the WPVP isn’t an issue.

6 Likes

Thank you! Huge in-game buff.

Thank you for making the right decision.

Thank you!

Thankyou Blizz