Realm Connections -- September 29

Maybe it is time to do something about the bottom 10 servers that keep getting passed over. Meanwhile watching servers 3 to 5 times their size be merged to others. Save these ghost town realms and let the people there enjoy how much better the game can be on a moderately populated realm.

8 Likes

Connect brazilian realms pls
It’s impossible to make gold in the AH

4 Likes

As long as Blizzard sort out the US realms they don’t care about any other region.

True fact that.

is it still possible they release it on the 29th ? whats telling us it can D:

Come on Blizzard connect Earthen Ring! We’ve needed a connection since the last round years ago and have gotten nothing but absolute silence. Why the silence? As stated above, there have been a good number of Earthen Ring players very vocal about the issue, commenting on your connection threads and submitting it as a suggestion through the in-game help menu “like we are supposed to do”. Come on!

#mergeEarthenRing #connectEarthenRing #saveEarthenRing

6 Likes

And going to reiterate as someone who has reached out to in-game GMs, customer service, what have you: these are the things we were directed to do. So we are going to keep doing it.

I understand this realm connection, and Khadgar in particular, has been tried multiple times in the past and encountered issues. I wonder at times if this is why Earthen Ring is passed up because it, like Khadgar, is one of the OG realms.

We are raising our voices as much as we can and would really, really appreciate transparency on why our realm and other small realms are being passed up, and what criteria there is to have our realms connected. Earthen Ring is already CRZ’d with Kirin Tor, Argent Dawn, Sentinels, and Scryers. Connecting our realms to them and other RP servers would be ideal.

When I am in Boralus, it is actually not uncommon for me to see more players from our CRZ neighbor Argent Dawn than from Earthen Ring itself.

My guild and many others are about to enter yet another expansion without a realm connection. As some of our progression GMs have chimed in, recruiting and maintaining an active roster is difficult, and they are kind enough neighbors to fellow raid guilds to not poach from what is already a small player base. Recruiting off-realm players is even more difficult, and pugging disqualifies ER raiding guilds from raid achievements.

In my realm of roleplay, we are spirited but small, with communal events being attended by the same groups who are happy to see one another, but cannot branch out and add new friends without poaching from one another or somehow recruiting off-realm to a small and sometimes ghost-like server. Smaller guilds or free agents who could manage to transfer off server without leaving friends behind have already done so. My guild is too large to transfer without drawing a line between the have and have-not guildies with funds to afford every main and alt to continue enjoying the game as they do now, and that is a non-starter for a guild that has been together since 2007. Those still on Earthen Ring are not large enough to have what essentially has become a private server to itself and only wish to have the same play experience as other players without paying additional fees to transfer off-realm.

Knowing what is the future of Earthen Ring and other similar realms, along with whether this is the last batch of realm connections, would be a much-appreciated blue post!

6 Likes

I would like to chime in with the others from Earthen Ring here. We love our realm and it has been home to many of us from the early days of the server. We don’t want to abandon it and want to see it thrive once again.

Please give us the chance to #SaveEarthenRing through a Connection. Any information/transparency that you can provide on our server would be greatly appreciated. If there’s no Connection incoming, that would at least allow us to realistically prepare ourselves going into Shadowlands. Though, if we are excluded, then it would be wonderful for us to understand why.

Please take our words to heart and give us whatever insight you can.

5 Likes

Hey Blizz, we’re trying. As I’m posting this I’ll be sending a suggestion in game for a realm connection.

All we’d like is a a post, or maybe some notification. If we’re like Khadgar, and everything is spaghetti chaos code, let us know! Just sitting in the dark not sure what is going on is what really is crazy. Can we get on the list to be connected? Is Earthen Ring just full of chaotic code that no one can figure out, and that’s why we can’t be connected? Have the Old Gods decided we’re to be stuck without new friends? DID N’ZOTH CUT US OFF FROM EVERYONE ELSE?

We just wanna know. Hopefully give us some information. Hoping you can. Much love to everyone in and out of our realm who has been posting and helping us. I hope everyone else who has been asking for connections, especially our Brazilian Brethren, can get some answers.

<3

6 Likes

One more lockout isn’t a bad thing at this point.

I’m trying to figure where the information Blizz is looking at to see who needs connections. I know on my server people are going elsewhere to either grow their guild or have better options for guilds. WoW progress says 1,713 players, but somehow, I don’t see wow progress updating on player population. I’m hoping they are not using character population, because that would be including alts.

I think the information on Wowprogress is based on characters and also not really up to date.

But at the same time, I’m sure Blizz has their own data and not using any 3rd party information to determine which servers needs more connection.

2 Likes

I really feel bad for Earthen Ring. While Emerald Dream has a decent population, we could always use a few more folks to RP with and to RP-PVP with. If they do not merge your Earthen Ring, we will welcome you to come to join Emerald Dream. I am sure WrA or the other RP servers would welcome you too.

As RPers, is it important to support each of the RP servers. Also, join some of our communities and hop, skip, and join our RP events. Because RPers should not be alone.

Anyhow, I wish you all the best of luck - An’she guide you!

5 Likes

I have been crossing my fingers for a quick pre-patch, but I suppose it’ll be another week most likely. Oh well. I’d like to get started on my new leveling projects, but it can wait.

2 Likes

Its only another week october 6th we’ll all be fine

Stop pushing for realm mergers!! The guild finder is broken and they have not fixed it in over two months of people complaining.

Good luck today, Exodar/Medivh/Alleria/Khadgar.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m afraid we may need it. Can see the Khadgar de-evolving happening to my main on Medivh and I fear for her.

1 Like

Indeed. Here’s hoping it goes smoothly. Don’t want you guys to be snafu’d and have the patch (next week?) at the same time.

1 Like

Theyve been connecting to eachother for the past 4 weeks ****ing just do it already, im tired of waiting an extra 2 hours before i get to play compared to everyone else. for **** sake 4 weeks is plenty time.

we dont need the merge. Khadgar, and Alleria are on high pop as it is.