Realm Connections -- September 2-3

Earthen Ring needs an RP Server merger. Let’s see it happen! Let our stories flourish and become greater.
#mergeearthenring

6 Likes

Agree with Arialynn. We could really use a merge. There have been many times times that I’ve been in-game and managed to never see another player outside of a couple of main areas and most of the players that I do see are not RPers.

For the health of our community, please include us in one of the next connections!

#MergeEarthenRing

5 Likes

Earthen Ring has been in dire need of a merge for years now. We may show as a ‘Medium’ population realm but it genuinely feels like a ghost town on both sides of the fence.

I have a few 120’s on Emerald Dream, Wyrmrest Accord, and Moon Guard, and you don’t have to take more than a few steps away from the local tavern to see just how busy the cities are there.

Please show Earthen Ring the love it deserves and merge us so we can thrive in the social environment that WoW is supposed to be.

#MergeEarthenRing

5 Likes

Why though?

The population of the 9 realms all combined are still going to be less than Hyjal, and since Blade’s Edge / Thunderhorn is slightly Alliance heavy and Agamaggan / Archimonde / Burning Legion / Jaedenar / Kargath / Norgannon / The Underbog is Horde heavy the connection could be a good thing.

There’s even a thread where several players from those servers claiming that their servers felt dead.

Their server feels dead because they just had their top guild transfer off. The fact that any guild can transfer off a “dead” realm is part of the problem here. Merging a bunch of crap to crap doesn’t solve the problem.

There’s no reason why 9 realms need to be connected when there are a bunch of other low pop realms they could bunch together. I’ve been on Alliance side, it’s pretty active.

Adding my voice in support of an Earthen Ring connection. I know there was some hope from some of the Sisters of Elune folk that they could join us, but it seems they’re going elsewhere for now. Please don’t let ER remain forgotten! #mergeearthenring

4 Likes

Earthen Ring merging with SoE/CC was always exceedingly unlikely as they’re in different data centers. (While timezones and battlegroups are irrelevant for connections, data centers aren’t and would require moving the servers before merging them.) Any merger will likely be with other Chicago RP realms. So, that means: Emerald Dream, Argent Dawn/The Scryers, Kirin Tor/Sentinels/Steamwheedle Cartel, or Lightninghoof/Maelstrom/Ravenhold/Twisting Nether/Venture Co.

Thank you for finally merging BWR/SC with Sisters and Cenarion! Although, it seems to only balance our factions out rather than provide numbers needed for each faction. It’s definitely a start, but we may need some additional merges down the line.

ED is RP-PvP, so unlikely Earthen Ring (RP) would be merged, but we’re already CRZ’d with Argent Dawn, The Scryers, Kirin Tor, etc. and have been for years, so merging these realms would be ideal. #earthen-ring

5 Likes

realms aren’t set to being PvP or PvE anymore. its just RP or normal realms, and you can turn WM on or off.

4 Likes

Oh, shi – yeah, here I am, stuck in the past. This opens up a lot of possibilities for remaining realms. PvP vs. PvE was an issue the last time we had realm connections.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what they just did last week - connecting Alterac Mountains / Balnazzar / Gorgonnash / The Forgotten Coast / Warsong cluster with Anvilmar / Undermine cluster.

I don’t know about the guilds that have been on Anvilmar and Undermine in the past, but most of the top progression guilds have already transferred off from Alterac Mountains cluster over the years because we have been dead. And from the looks of it, even after becoming a cluster of 7, we’re still going to be dead.

So I do agree that connecting dead server clusters with dead server clusters won’t make things any better.

But then just recently when Blizzard tried to connect some of the relatively more populated realms that “already has an established server identity”, many players from those realms were strongly against it & Blizzard ended up canceling the connection, so I don’t know.

At least Blade’s Edge / Thunderhorn / Agamaggan / Archimonde / Burning Legion / Jaedenar / Kargath / Norgannon / The Underbog cluster is going to be more than double the size (70k+) of Alterac Mountains / Balnazzar / Gorgonnash / The Forgotten Coast / Warsong / Anvilmar / Undermine cluster (31k+).

Yes, that’s what I was thinking, even just taking the ones under 40k, which is debatable, considering even 45k is pretty low, this will mean around 50 connections needed, 7 are happening this week, so if they can do them without more issues they should just about finish them before SL launch.

The reason why many of these bunched up clusters are once again needing more connections is because more than half of the connections they made back in 2014 for low pop realms didn’t help making things better.

So what are the Horde players on there supposed to do?
Just pay for transfers or stay miserable on a dead server cluster?

The last four were just connected - why the heck are you connecting more. Malfurion/Trollbane didn’t need these in the first place. Why couldn’t you just connected all the other four together.

Also, I would love to know why some servers get to complain and all of a sudden you back track.

Also, I hope you fixed that dupl bug where people who were connected got their auctions duplicated - those masses of gear still haven’t been cleared out of the ah.

Damn, if this is for real, the server I’m on BDF is the 5th least populated server. No wonder we can’t recruit lmao

Sooooo, we gunna get any of that server merging soon?

As a horde player on thaurissan this is un acceptable. I will transfer off.
There was not enough horde before merge and there will be not enough horde after merge.
Please rethink and move us to a horde base server
Regards

1 Like

You should say “lower population” rather than “low-population”, as you are connecting realms that are listed as up to high population.

1 Like

With Emerald Dream and Lightninghoof/Maelstrom/Ravenhold/Twisting Nether/Venture Co. being former RPPVP realms rather than RPPVE realms, those connections should be off the table for Earthen Ring.

Merging to the other two realm clusters you mention, and perhaps to both of them, should be and likely are being considered. Earthen Ring used to be one of, if not the, largest RP servers, so it’s unlikely a lot of people created characters there to be on a less populated server. I believe that’s also true of Argent Dawn and at least some of the other connection targets.

Edit:

There are still very strong cultural and play style differences tied to former PVP/PVE server status. Connecting a server where everyone has war mode turned off to a server where most people have war mode turned on won’t help with finding people to play with.