Realm Connections -- July 23

I’ve never had issues with rares during assaults honestly, and I’m on a “full” realm, but i can see how that would be more annoying.

Though, i wouldn’t really call them rares, they’re not actually rare lol.

Well if I’m unlucky, I’d be flying around Uldum/Vale for more than half an hour to find a single cache. And I’m using that add-on that marks the spawn points on the map.
Blizzard could simply just triple the simultaneous spawn points of the caches for example ONLY when they’re dailies…

Its that simple, but like I said, they want their “Played-Time™”. And unless i continue on complaining about, it I feel like they will do the exact same thing in Shadowlands…

1 Like

Will you be connecting more low population realms together in addition to the silvermoon/mok’nathal/skywall/drak’thul combo? because after looking at the numbers that isn’t going to do a whole for our server population, no major cutting edge guilds, the poor horde side is still going to be gaunt and within a few more years we’ll see more and more falloff from people transferring to big raiding servers like proudmoore. What was the reasoning behind transferring smaller ones together instead of anchoring the smaller ones to a realm with a more established population?

3 Likes

Unless I missed something and am late to the party, you haven’t probably heard anything because this is about merging realms not decreasing rare spawns timers…Like…What??

So they’re connecting a low pop horde realm to another low pop horde realm…

I was a fool to think they’d actually do more.

3 Likes

Not happening since Blizz seems to be in the Rick Astley zone about CRZ.
:grin:

1 Like

They literally just announced combining realms a couple weeks ago, if that (if I’m not mistaken).

This is going to be an over-time process kind of thing, not an instant gratification thing over night.

2 Likes

Connecting dead realms to another dead realm isn’t going to help us… I thought the earlier post said “lower pop to substantially larger realms.” If that means connecting an extremely dead realm to a comparably larger dead realm… :expressionless:

6 Likes

And I hope you’re right. I envisioned things ending up like a bunch of big happy A52 and Stormrage conglomerates. However, if their master plan is to connect two dead realms and call it a day it’s hardly a fix. We’ll see which of us is right.

2 Likes

They already aren’t Connected.

You’re mistaking Cross Realm Zoning for Connections.

4 Likes

The goal is to shut off the ‘spigot’ realm hoppers abuse to hunt all sorts of stuff.

In the end blizz gets to use less hardware and bandwidth as the game dwindles into nichedom.

1 Like

They tend to group similar realms together. I think currently low pop realms will never be nearly as populated as full realms.

It is possible that this is mostly a test run using smallish servers to limit any damage/issues that occurred in the Euro server first attempt. The realms listed are all part of the Cyclone Battlegroup which are located in the Los Angeles datacenter.

As someone who has characters on both Stormrage and a dead server, I would love if this process didn’t stop until every server was part of a cluster that had at least the daily login numbers of Stormrage. Everyone deserves access to a functioning auction house.

4 Likes

I have often wondered what it would be like if there was only 1 AH, for all servers. I mean the supply would go WAY up, but the demand would also go way up. Probably a bit chaotic for a while. And that AH server would be pretty taxes on bandwidth. I’ve always thought it would be good in the end, but I’m no economist so there are probably things outside my opinion that would factor in to it.

There’s no reason to not connect realms to the point where they are all close to equal.

1 Like

Can someone tell me why the connected servers are not listed as my realms, even though I have the majority of my characters on them?

Yes.
And this really isn’t an effective way if they are trying to “fix” anything.

Even the connected servers currently listed as “Full” as a result of the realm connections in 2014 aren’t exactly striving, like, at all.

For example, Alterac Mountains / Balnazzar / Gorgonnash / The Forgotten Coast / Warsong, are connected servers shown as “Full”.

They only have 6 guilds dabbling into Mythic progression, and only one got as far as 11/12. The rest are all below 5/12, and no guild has CE atm.

This is because over the years several top guilds who could achieve CE moved onto populated servers for greener pastures.
People often talk in Trade Chat how dead things are on the server.

But no, because this server cluster is somehow listed as “Full” for whatever unknown reason, it’s probably on the very bottom of the list of the servers that are going to be “saved” or getting anything fixed.

I know that there are many, many players in this game who do not care about raiding, but server population is a crucial point when it comes to recruiting players who are interested in raiding.

1 Like

may be a bit obvious, but can we start with a basis of merging those servers that were “split” in the over crowded days. Throw the oldest players a bone and let us at least have the nostalgia trip. ie. Garona Split into Baelgun… bring em back together.

2 Likes

As a member of one of those “below 5/12” guilds, we feel the pain. It’s a damn ghost town around here with 5 servers. Full, as if!

1 Like