Realm Connections -- July 23

I have a sneaking suspicion that Twisting Nether/Ravenholdt will be linked up with Maelstrom/Lightninghoof/Venture-Co. If this is the case, our situations won’t be much better.

We all really need to be linked up with a High pop realm.

1 Like

6 Hour downtime to connect servers…
Hmm, maybe there is something else we are not being told. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you asked if this is ok with the realms yet? And providing free transfers if they don’t want to be connected with these realms?

1 Like

Wow. I used to play Horde Skywall back in Wrath… was decent then. Wth happened?

Instead of listing each of the servers out, could each group of connected realms be given a name so that when picking a server to create a new character we are picking a collective “Data center or Group center based on time zone” first, while leaving the extension out of the equation. After picking a Center or Group based on our time zone we can then pick our Extension secondary. Example would be my name is Mokalyn-Emerald Dream and my Data or Group is Central Data Center or Central Group Center since Emerald Dream is Central Standard Time zone. I believe I have mentioned this before and actually sent in my ideas before.

I hope that makes sense. Final Fantasy does something similar to this and it might help with some confusion when wanting to create a new toon for new players or players who want to play in their own time zone or a time-zone that works best for them.

Lastly can we get RP-PVP server back for Emerald Dream.
Hangs head down feeling sad and rejected as an RP-PVP server that flourished at one point.

3 Likes

they should really just separate East coast based servers (that are housed in Chicago) and West coast servers (which are in Los Angeles) on the server list like they did in classic, that would make the choice much easier for some people who use latency as a consideration when picking their server.

3 Likes

The hamsters are getting new and bigger wheels

1 Like

Yep exactly. Kinda baffling that people don’t understand the difference between realm connections and cross realm zones.

1 Like

Whoever got paid to come up with these merger plans should honestly be fired. If the goal is to merge realms that are dying a slow death and will continue to, this will achieve that.

If the goal was to create realms that have a chance at long term survival, all of these realms needed to be merged together. That would give a total of 6,907 wowprogress eligible players. That has a chance to succeed long term. 2 separate realms of 4K and 3K doesn’t.

2 Likes

So very true about CRZ and then you add in Warmode to confused everyone. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What about realms that are listed as medium pop, but are barely even medium and in general have weak populations?

4 Likes

I am not sure if that would be best way to separate the realms. The goal is to have fun first, and secondly, most players have do not run on a 4k machine or if they do, may not have the greatest interest or connection. And then that might limit 4k players who need a certain type of player at 4am for their raid.
What ESO does is have everyone on a mega server that allows everyone to be somewhat connect. I believe they do a layering if need be similar to what Blizzard did for Classic.

Please look up and understand how cross realm zones work vs actual server only stuff. It’s clear you have a misunderstanding in this area.

Is there anyway we could get a list of what realms are being considered for connections?

Don’t need to know when or to who. For guilds it would be nice to know if they’ll still be slogging it out in the barren backwaters or will have a much broader pool of people to recruit from.

6 Likes

I keep seeing comments since they announced this about people having a harder time finding rares… I mean, I don’t see anything changing at all with this on this front… Didn’t the Cross Realm Zones kinda do that, a long time ago now. When I am out in the world I rarely see anyone from Shandris-Bronzebeard, I do every once in a while, but I would say well over 95% of the time they are from different servers. As far as I am aware there is no empty zone because you are on a “dead” server.

4 Likes

I have been playing Warcraft for years, and I do understand how CRZ work, but thanks for your comment. To add to it, this is why I want Emerald Dream to go back to being a RP-PVP server like it was and stand alone. CRZ interferes with RPing. Warmode interferes with RP.
2nd, they did not do CRZ in classic, they did layering which is different from CRZ. So had you played Classic, you would have known this, or if you had played ESO, you would know this as well.
Thanks for your comment.

1 Like

CRZ ruined a lot of the rare finding on servers, and when they did that part where a person had to be in the same zone and could not just sit in their garrison to invite folks to server hop also limited the chances of finding rares.

1 Like

It’s been a long time since they did the CRZ thing, but if I remember right realms that were RP were CRZed with other RP servers, same for PvP when that was a thing. Now that we have Warmode On/Off there are no PvP servers anymore, just do you have WM On or not. Doing a CRZ with a RP<->Non-RP server would kind of break the point of an RP server so I would hope that doesn’t happen. I don’t think it does, but also not 100% sure.

2 Likes

It sucks when its a daily though. I’ve read Blizz shorten the time on some of those, but still feels long.
Killing rares shouldn’t be even be a daily considering they’re “rare”.
Blizz basically is so desperate to achieve their “Played-Time™” metrics.
Same goes with caches.

1 Like

The main cities on RP servers are not supposed to be CRZed but sometimes they are like when they had the Running of the Troll and Running of the Gnomes so they could have extra resources for those realms or when something on other servers are being worked on or something happens. CRZ really affected us at the start of BFA on Emerald Dream. We had to group up in order to RP which just killed RP outside of the main cities. Now days, RP seems to happen more so on Classic or on WRA or in guilds which limits us. FF14 RP community has grown more so since WoW did separated the servers via WM on and off.

1 Like