Realm Connections -- August 20

That’s a good idea

1 Like

Agreed on all points, Blizzard do not do this!! Not to mention it makes no sense to merge two high pop servers. Seriously scratching my head over this one.

4 Likes

Mana, you are not the “King of Proudmoore” that’s a title you gave yourself. Your points are valid, but you lose any strength in an argument when u start it by stroking your internet ego. Especially when you are more of a personality on the server

18 Likes

How can you rationalize merging one of the most populated realms (Proudmoore) with a medium to high pop server (Hyjal). I dont pay 14.99 for over an populated realm; and I came to Hyjal because its mainly Horde Population. This undermines my entire reason for choosing the realm in the first place.

10 Likes

They can justify it because Proudmoore is high pop Alliance to Hyjal’s high pop horde. We’re outnumbered something ridiculous like 4 or 5 alliance to 1 horde.

This is a balancing act.

3 Likes

He’s super full of himself. He whispers me demanding that I stop when I start talking to other people in trade because they “are trying to steal his fame.” He does this with many others, too.

4 Likes

Imagine not knowing that Manapaws is the king of Proudmoore.

4 Likes

All I see is jealousy. The only thing you did was attempt to dismiss his opinion based on your perception of his personality. Pretty shallow. Pretty disappointing. Not surprised.

3 Likes

Imagine people wanting segregation in 2020 oh wait

2 Likes

Realm connections in general are dumb, just eliminate dead realms. give people free transfers.

3 Likes

Imagine thinking he’s King of Proudmoore.

4 Likes

Yeah but doing this to Hyjal turns the tides and it becomes a 1:2 (Ally:Horde)…how is that fair?

3 Likes

Hyjal and Proudmoore is a brilliant merger! Kudos!

Proudmoore is heavy Alliance with few Horde. Hyjal is largely Horde with few Alliance. Both are PST. It will be a more balanced place. It’s brilliant, imo.

I play Alliance Proudmoore. I considered Hyjal for Horde but went with Tich because the population was higher.

Heck maybe next expac they will merge Tich with Hyjal and Proudmoore and I will be set!

As someone who has played on Proudmoore since Vanilla, I think this is one of the best ideas.

1 Like

Well, I can only hope that what few Horde that are on Proudmoore are ready to be R E M I N D E D.

Sure. Until the impossible queues that are bound to happen on Shadowlands release because the server will have too many people in general.

5 Likes

Wow I just read the rest of the thread…

To my fellow Proudmoore Players:

The people on Hyjal seem fine. They are largely PST - West Coast. I have played with many.

Tich is a bit… more spirited… than Proudmoore. I could see an uproar there, if they were combined, tbh. But Hyjal is a pretty laid back place. I think their merger will enrich both communities.

3 Likes

I think the merger will give us login queue times, something many people came to Hyjal to avoid.

5 Likes

The Proudmoore-Hyjal connection has me very concerned. I chose my server, Ligjtbringer, because it is high pop and almost all alliance.

Lightbringer is high pop and doesn’t need to be merged. Proudmoore is even higher pop and shouldn’t be merged. The combined server would be way too full.

The other significant issue is that there’s no benefit to the merge because Hyjal won’t get more horde to group with and Proudmoore wouldn’t get more alliance to group with. There’s no good reason to add more server lag for no benefit because the players are on opposite factions.

When it comes to realms that should be merged (not Lightbringer, Proudmoore, or Hyjal), I’d much rather merge alliance servers with alliance servers and horde servers with horde servers so that there’s a meaningful increase in players to do things with because they’d all be on the same faction.

10 Likes

No to Hyjal and Proudmoore merge. Joined hyjal specifically because it was a horde focused server. By merging, Proudmoore just remains to be a Alliance dominated server with a 2:1 ratio.

8 Likes

WIth CRZ and warmode why does the alliance horde balance matter on a server? If you want to balance the horde alliance in a battle group fine but actually merging for this sake is ridiculous. We don’t need this kind of population injection to either server. What would be stable now won’t be stable for an expansion launch. It makes absolutely no sense to force this kind of queue for either server.

7 Likes