Realm Connections -- August 20

How is it going to ruin your economy. There are very few alliance players on Hyjal.

1 Like

AH is cross-faction, though.

4 Likes

because the auction houses are cross faction, itā€™s a common way for people to transfer gold between their Horde/Alliance toons on the same server

hyjal is quite LGBTQ friendly i would say

Not for everything. I actually donā€™t think people would say Stormrageā€™s economy has been ruined and it is sort of doubtful combined you will have as many people as that server.

Thereā€™s no reason to connect Hyjal with any other server, our population and economy is fine. There are plenty of other servers in more need of ā€œhelpā€ than Hyjal.

14 Likes

I would really like to not be shadowlands with huge server lag due to this connection of Hyjal and Proudmoore. It makes no sense since we are both high population servers, why make us as big as area 52 and illidan?

10 Likes

Hyjal is a High Population Realm, joining Proudmoore a Full Population Realm? Iā€™m not against connecting High or Full Population realms with medium and low population realms, but merging two servers of this sizeā€¦ is it necessary?

8 Likes

Mega servers now huh? When we merging illiden with stormrage. He deserves his full name. Thatā€™ll solve faction balance.

joking aside. Is it really a good idea to merge realms that are already high, with other high BEFORE the expansion launch hype? I worry for stability of these realms, especially considering in shadowlands, unlike previous few expansions, the ENTIRE population starts in SAME zone. no alliance zone or horde zone, or free pick zones like legion and bfa had. Shadowlands is straight up linear and these mega servers are in for some serious hard times.

30 Likes

Seriously.

Blizzard, you should offer free server transfers off of Hyjal & Proudmoore if you go through with this lunacy.

17 Likes

Agreed whole-heartedly.

Hyjal is also one of the OG realms as well.

2 Likes

You good blizz? Just a strange choice to make considering Hyjal and Proudmooreā€™s population/economy.

8 Likes

Proudmoore blipped on my radar because itā€™s Alliance-biased, honestly. A lot of players choose realms because of their faction population.

5 Likes

And so the ā€œWhich servers should we linkā€ dart board hit some of the worst options it could. Itā€™s fun seeing your decisions in real time clearly being completely random.

12 Likes

Big THANK YOU to the team for making this possible again! Iā€™m really happy that it has been taken seriously and additional connections were planned if all went well. Thank you for making the game feel alive again for us little servers. :heart:

1 Like

Would be nice if Blizzard gives a full name for a cluster of realms, like:

• Illidan Stormrage
  • Arthas Menethil
  • Jaina Proudmoore

But, of course, as long they allow us to see each realm inside of each cluster, sadly, I think itā€™ll never happen.

2 Likes

I am both confused about the decision to merge Hyjal and Proudmoore, as well as concerned about the upcoming expansion influx of returning players. I would MUCH rather be able to play the game without queue times. I specifically chose a Horde dominated server with a relatively high population; but not overly so to where i get server lag or anything of that sort.

Really, im not thrilled at all, and this makes absolutely no sense. Can we get an explanation?

5 Likes

Umā€¦why? Both of those servers are high population servers. I have to fight to kill mobs on Proudmoore as it is, you wanna add more people to that fight???

8 Likes

Donā€™t worry, no one from PM will affect your queue.

According to wowpedia, Blizzard-EU staffer Vaneras said:

ā€œWe basically want a healthy population for the connected realms, but not so high that there will be queues from the get go.ā€

What are you going to do, Blizzard, when Hyjal-Proudmoore has login queues when Shadowlands releases?

To whom shall we direct our unmitigated rage at a problem YOU created?

11 Likes