Realm Connections -- August 20

Connections of previously unconnected servers just make the invisible wall into a visible curtain, thanks to the clumsy way names are handled on connected realms. That may not be an improvement.

I can’t see Eldre’Thalas on my realm list, thats where I play out of and all my characters are at.

Sort your realm list by realm name and then find Eldre’Thalas, it’s a common bug that as the realm got copied, the character count won’t refresh on the realm list until you manually log into the server the first time.

yup just did that lol showing as 1 guy on that realm. thats why i didn’t see it thanks

yes well they sort of deserve this by letting one tiny group of people dictate what gets connected.

Which server are you referring to?

yours - of course and I made a character there earlier today

Very good, i’ll enjoy making gold with you.

The Alliance side also badly needed players, there were like 20 of us, lmao. Hopefully they can connect more realms to the cluster to add more horde players, though.

Were the connections completed? Garona was back up really early and it still shows as Low pop.

scroll up… Garona was not completed today.

Thanks, Kaivax’s third post doesn’t show up when I use the blue post button for some reason.

Come ON, that’s the second time in a row that you get our hopes up for nothing. You’d think you would have fixed the technical issues you encountered last time. Garona is like a running joke at this point.

I’ve been doing my best to be patient but this is getting annoying. Garona never got connected in Pandaria despite already being on the low side and only got worse since then to the point where the best guild on the server is 3/12M and only 7 guilds have even killed a mythic boss, and now you’re saying that Hyjal is considered low pop by your new standards even though they have 13 guilds that cleared mythic and 59 who killed a mythic boss. What kind of message does that send to us on servers that are actually marked as Low?

I understand that you’re working on it and I appreciate it, but getting our connection cancelled two weeks in a row is just ridiculous. Why did you announce it a second time if you haven’t fixed the technical issues? Also really hoping that you’ll connect more realms with us afterwards, because Icecrown/Malygos also only has 7 guilds that have killed a mythic boss (though ONE of them cleared it at least) despite being supposedly High pop (though it’s showing as Medium right now). Sorry for the rant but I’m just… so tired.

5 Likes

The server time on Mannoroth is wrong now. Is that gonna get fixed?

You guys remember server time zones, right?

1 Like

It’s not wrong, it just changed to the server time of the realms it got connected to.

They prioritise realm pools and data centres over server timezones when they come up with server connections, the Mannoroth cluster had its timezone updated to match that of its new host (Azgalor) and its timezone was adjusted from Eastern to Central accordingly.

1 Like

I’m in a CRZ with Hyjal, but only in older content. They only very recently shifted into my 8.3 zones, and they still aren’t in my Daz.

How does a server that is populated enough to consistently be disqualified from your Cross Realm systems qualify as “lower population”? I think Blizzard should take a stab at redefining what they’re looking for here.

If anything, their population is low now because almost every aspect of 8.3 is pointless after prepatch. So if you got the feat of strength mounts you wanted this season, why bother sticking around? Farm corruptions? :laughing:

2 Likes

Ahah, I agree, running joke is the perfect term! Interestingly, they succeeded at connecting cairne a SECOND time for the 2020 round of connections, a thing never done before, which hints many of the small-ish connections we see are likely not ultimate yet.

Oh, before I get misunderstood, I’m aware realms got linked as many as 10 times years ago, I mean in 2020!

1 Like

Exactly all of this! I see players CRZ’ed from Winterhoof all the time in open world content too. (but I believe aside from being grouped up you can only see people from your realm/CR’s at The Great Seal).

You’re spot on about low populations NOW. It’s not like it’s just Hyjal that is affected by a content drought either. Although Hyjal may not be at all time high capacity right now the way it is at the start of/mid-expansions or when new content or a new season rolls out, the connecting of Hyjal to a realm the size of Proudmoore would have undoubtedly created log-in queues, either on or prior to Shadowlands release. Such as the pre-patch, when they’re bringing back the Scourge invasion, an event only seen twice before in WoW’s life time. That is what the vocal majority of us here were debating on.

Their premise for connecting Hyjal to Proudmoore was because Hyjal is “too low of a populated realm to sustain itself,” but it’s really not. Why try to fix what isn’t broken.

3 Likes

This statement I cant agree with… Explaining in the simplest sense, Since 7.1 its pretty hard to ever encounter a realm side log in queue because the second you log into the game the server puts your character on a shard thats totally separate on a separate server as that of your realm… if one shard gets too populated a new one opens up and like this the game can avoid queues even if everyone stayed on the same server. In other words even if your character is from Proudmoore you are never actually playing on Proudmoore.

Login server queues are different and it definitely happens that those can get backed up and a queue might form but any queue that happens there is completely separate from a queue to get into a game server. Furthermore a combined Proudmoore/Hyjal server would still be quite a bit smaller than Area52 or Stormrage and those servers don’t usually get queues either last I checked.

1 Like

Nah, us Winterhoof / Kilrogg players get Hydraxis & Terenas regularly in our Daz. We’re at the cusp of medium teetering on low population. Like, they aren’t even partied up with our people they just lived here the whole expansion with us.

I only see Hyjal players when I’m farming emissaries or in Orgrimmar. I was actually surprised to see you guys dip back into the CRZ out in Uldum. Not that I can blame anyone for not riding out BfA to the end.