Realm Connections -- August 20

fingers crossed for Hyjal to be connected to Draenor/ Echo Isles

1 Like

Thank you blizzard for responding to this Hyjal and PM merge by canceling it! Again I think merging with another server isn’t a bad idea but not with an overwhelmingly high pop one as PM.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand the people complaining that merging a realm will ruin the LGBTQ+ community of Proudmoore? How? It’s just a server merge. Anyone I have asked has called me a troll and had absolutely no answer and put me on ignore. It’s pretty funny.

Because no one did any actual research other than myself it seems. I made a character on Hyjal and looked up the guilds horde side and it has a lgbtq+ community. Then you have other people complaining about quenes when only the Proudmoore side would have had to deal with that. Basically a bunch of people fearmongered blizzard over things they didn’t understand.

1 Like

THANK YOU. This is exactly what I thought it was. People that are unhappy about something band together and find every reason under the sun to fearmonger, even if it has NOTHING to do with the original topic.

1 Like

Neither do I. I think it’s just a forums thing? It really makes no sense to me, especially given that there would be virtually nobody trolling as Hyjal’s Alliance population is so low that there wouldn’t be anyone, or almost anyone, to be there to be trolling in the first place. Unless Proudmoore’s Horde population is outspokenly anti-LGBT or something? I only play Alliance there so I wouldn’t know. :man_shrugging:

Yep, Hyjal always has, it’s just not as broadcasted as it is on Proudmoore. As for the log-in queues, those of us who voiced our thoughts/opinions were mostly concerned with those occurring during the SL launch, not on a regular basis. All realms, or in this case both realms, of connected realms are affected by log-in times…

1 Like

Hyjal HAS LGBTQ+ communities, so I HIGHLY doubt they are outspokenly anti-LGBTQ+. I think they were just unhappy with being merged and having more Horde come to the Horde-barren Proudmoore so they just came up with a quick reason to avoid it. And it worked. I still just think it is funny that they can’t give you a response before calling you a troll when you ask about it.

1 Like

I know… I play Hyjal Horde, and am/have been friends with some LGBT guild leaders/players… Not to mention I’m a part of that community myself lol. What I don’t understand is the logic in how connecting Hyjal would result in LGBT bashing? All the Proudmoore players opposing the realm connection claiming it would disturb their safe space, or at least the ones posting here, are Alliance players. Given that Hyjal is a Horde realm, how are the Horde players going to behave in anti-LGBT ways towards the Alliance players when there’s no cross faction communication…? Realistically the only way I could see that happening is if somebody made the effort to make a level 1/allied race character to trash talk in Alliance General/Trade chats. Which is a total d-bag thing to do.

As for how Proudmoore players behave on the forums, and the way that players interact in the game itself, I’ve observed to be completely different. Nobody talks about the forums in-game, or at least not to me.

1 Like

That is the same question I asked, which resulted in me getting ignored and called a troll.

I don’t even think there is any past history of Hyjal being anti-LGBT in the first place, so I still don’t see an issue.

It is definitely a d-bag thing to do, which is why the ignore/report function is there.

Alot of people do, but not very often, and usually in trade chat.

As a continued thought, Proudmoore has a very low Horde population and I feel as if merging with a high pop Horde realm such as Hyjal would do it some good. It’ll be nice to have a reason to make a Horde character on Proudmoore, even though my account is mainly Alliance. But now, that won’t happen because of fearmongering.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you have posted here lol.

But Hyjal has a very low Alliance population so really only Hyjal’s Alliance players would have been benefiting from the connection. I really don’t think it has anything to do with the LGBT community and everything to do with the realms’ total populations.

1 Like

I personally think, over a span of time, the servers would have had an influx of Horde and Alliance players, to the point where it wouldn’t matter. The point of merging an Alliance-populated realm and a Horde-populated realm is to balance it out. Make an even playing field instead of one faction dominating the entire server.

And I definitely agree with this. People were not happy so they made the merge mean something completely different than it actually does.

1 Like

If we go by WoWprogress, Hyjal and Proudmoore were mirrors at .07 to 1 population. They were doing this to help the minority populations.

4 Likes

Merging a High with a Full realm doesn’t do this. If they want a balanced realm, merge Proudmoore with Tichondrius.

1 Like

As far as I’ve read on here, Hyjal is not high pop. Could be wrong, though. And, Tichondrius is probably way more high-pop than Hyjal. Not only that, if people are crying about LGBTQ+ abuse, Tichondrius may do just that, or at least is more likely to than Hyjal, lmao.

2 Likes

Tichondrius is equivalent in size to Proudmoore. Merging them creates a balanced realm.

Proudmoore is twice the size of Hyjal. Merging them would not have created a balanced realm.

3 Likes

Mirrors in population balancing, doesn’t mirror in actual number of people. By all known metrics, Proudmoore has the double the population of Hyjal. The merger would have resulted in a realm with 66% Alliance and 33% Horde.

5 Likes

Like I said, over time, the servers would have mixed with some players going Horde, some going Alliance, and it would have balanced out. That’s how most of these servers survived so long without any merges.

No, most servers have tilted one way or the other. If anything, merging Proudmoore and Hyjal probably would have caused Horde Hyjal to dry up over time as people would just move to Tichondrius.

3 Likes

Go look up how many servers are balanced or nearly balanced faction-wise.

Almost none of them.

3 Likes