Realm Connections -- August 20

FIrst of all, they cancelled the plan for real names as soon as people said they weren’t happy with it and it never happened. Second, no flying while leveling was a good decision. Like oh no, you have to actually do the quests properly instead of flying to every objective? So sad.

Ahah, blizzard are evil, teasing the 20 garona players with connections that then get delayed!

1 Like

Hey there, welcome to our New Player realm group!

Thunderlord the forgotten child.

1 Like

What is the rationale for merging opposite factions if both are low or med pop? The problem with low pop realms is that you don’t have enough people to play with, so how does merging opposite factions solve this problem when they still can’t play with each other? It’s like they’re not even thinking clearly and it’s not even a difficult problem.

5 Likes

alliance does not see the crafted pvp gear horde makes and hordes does not see the crafted gear alliance makes. certain recipes horde can only see and I suspect there are some alliance can only see.

So no for certain things it is still separate. All your statement tells me is that you don’t play characters on both sides much or are rarely paying attention to the auction house.

Correct. An example of Blizzard making a TERRIBLE decision that was then revoked because of player outcry.

Except that’s not what I’m talking about.

I’m talking about in Warlords of Draenor when Ion said there would be NO MORE FLYING EVER FOR ANY MORE EXPANSIONS.

Or don’t you remember that?

It never happened because, again, it was a TERRIBLE decision that Blizzard backed down on because of player outcry.

Well, here we are again: a TERRIBLE decision that Blizzard is making, and lo and behold… player outcry.

2 Likes

Except it doesn’t matter because they never went through with either of those? It’s called testing the waters.

And they’re testing the waters here, and we’re telling them it’s a TERRIBLE idea.

5 Likes

They’re not testing the waters. You can’t compare because the two things you mentioned were ideas they mentioned to see how people would react, whereas they’re connecting realms based on data only they have access to. They’re not randomly throwing realms together to see how people will react.

It was unequivocally stated by Ion that THERE WOULD BE NO MORE FLYING.

2 Likes

And? How does that contradict what I said? Because he didn’t say it like “there might not be flying in the future”? That’s not how announcements are made. And just because something sounds like it’s set in stone doesn’t mean it’s not meant to test the waters. In fact, you get a much bigger reaction one way or the other when you announce something as if it’s a fact.

That was just an incorrect assumption on your part. I read it as them scheduling maintenance for connections. Why would it have to be during Tuesday maintenance? They have regular maintenance stuff to do during that time.

Because people think they know the server data better than Blizzard and would argue for weeks against some of their plans. I mean, just look at this thread.

1 Like

I was not expecting the Hyjal-Proudmoore merger. I play Alliance on Hyjal because that was the server my husband (boyfriend at the time) played on since 2004; I started playing in 2010. I’ve always been saddened with how few Alliance players there are but Hyjal is home for me. Though I’m confused with this decision; it will be nice to see more Alliance players and not be vastly outnumbered by the Horde.

3 Likes

You mean recently? Or back in MoP?

It’s one of the recent connections.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you.

Gallywix realm will be connected too? we are a very low pop realm.

As someone from Mug’thol, thank you Blizzard. Our raid scene has their fair share of cutting edges, but it stagnates pretty quick each tier.

1 Like

I have been on Proudmoore for years…it sure as HELL is not a “medium” server. I am also on Zul’Jin. Would you call that one a “medium” server? They are both FULL.

2 Likes

How is Proudmoore supposed to absorb Hyjal - we are already synced with Tichondrious in Warmode.

Are you trying to force everyone to go Horde?