Realm Connections -- August 20

IT’S-NOT-A-MERGE

This just means you’ll be interacting with people from Hyjal in your Dugeon finder and out in the world; just like you see people from other servers (no idea which are Proudmoore’s current connections).

please consider merging more servers into Shadowsong/Borean Tundra, we need more people badly :frowning: sad to see high pop servers getting merged before us

2 Likes

Please dont shorten my message like that, it assumes i am okay with the mega merger and i am not, i stated i was okay with ally on my server just not that much and i DO NOT want queue times to play a game.

You are equating # of guilds = # of players, which is not the case as there are many many many small guilds that are just casual, or their own team.

No. It’s a merge without names being merged. They will for all intents and purposes, be on our server.

We already interact with every server in dungeon finder and in the world. This will put them in the same Trade Chat and such with us.

Connections is just Blizzard’s way of saying merging, because they can’t do actual merging due to character names, guild names, etc.

7 Likes

That’s not what connected realms mean at all. ALL realms are already like that. Connected realms share the same trade chat, auction house, can join each others’ guilds, etc.

You should really become informed on a topic instead of posting falsehoods like you are.

9 Likes

Just so I understand… This is why i currently can’t transfer my characters off of Mannoroth?

No, Cairne/Perenolde was connected once to Cenarius and they are also in this lot again.

1 Like

The Auction House is NOT faction separated. Horde & Alliance use the exact same auction house. The economy is going to be doomed.

6 Likes

How is it selfish? I was just arguing with people who didn’t want the connection that they will hardly notice it.

Maybe you meant to reply to someone else? I don’t have a dog in this fight my servers except for Stormreaver were already connected last go around.

For certain things it still is. And unless you guys were price fixing, adding more people isn’t going to change things. You have a large pool of players to sell to.

22,000 people on what will essentially be the same server… I didn’t sign up for this insanity.

6 Likes

My main question to this is how will the merge of servers like Hyjal and Proudmoore mess with logins for shadowlands. The population of both servers are up there in numbers so will this cause a server like Hyjal that isnt “Full” to have a log in que come shadowlands?

3 Likes

No. Auction Houses are shared. Period.

The only thing not shared are Alliance-only or Horde-only things, like PvP crafted gear, Kul Tiran/Zandalari Enchanting Spells, etc.

2 Likes

So does rio.

You don’t need to sign up to look at realm data. Wowprogress is a few years behind in census data.

Because apparently they’re actually medium and low.

It’s actually happening this time, right? You really let all 20 of us down last week.

4 Likes

That’s such an ignorant comment. I love how people in this thread are acting like they know better than Blizzard which realms should be merged with which when they don’t have any of the data they used to make those decisions.

2 Likes

Yes, obviously, I was only talking about overall population, I’m aware it will be roughly 2\3 of the population being ally and 1\3 being horde, so there will be a lot less same-faction activity than illidan ofc.

Also a reasonable objection, unfortunately now that realm pop website has been gone for a while, we don’t have very good ways to see the casual population (meaning they won’t even enter a raid beyond lfr), short of doing several who’s on the server, and if it’s large it could be mission impossible during peak time, so the only websites we have left are raider io (my favourite) realm section and wow progress, and both are obviously raiding-mythic + related, leaving out several casuals.

There’s wowrealmpopulation site, that probably works for that purpose, but I’ve seen some weird stuff like stating 2 full realms are one 3,5x bigger than the other, which is obviously impossible, at least the 2 I’ve taken a look at (silvermoon and ravencrest eu).

If you did a simple who check when there’s not a lot of people online on those 2 servers you’d see that while silvermoon is bigger, it’s nowhere near 3,5x, that is the difference between a full and a medium-high!

I love how people forget Blizzard’s long history of catastrophically terrible decisions, from “we’re going to post everyone’s real names on the forums” to “there will be no more flying in any further expansions, ever again”.

9 Likes