Realm Connections -- August 20

Updated 15:35 PDT August 18
Hyjal will not be connected to any other realms at this time.

During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT on Thursday, August 20, the following realm connections will be made:

• The Eldre’Thalas and Korialstrasz realms will join the Akama, Dragonmaw, and Mug’thol realms.
  • The Korgath realm will join the Cenarius, Perenolde, and Cairne realms.
  • The Blood Furnace, Mannoroth, and Nazjatar realms will join the Azgalor, Azshara, Thunderlord, and Destromath realms.
  • The Ursin, Andorhal, Scilla, and Zuluhed realms will join the Eonar and Velen realms.
  • The Madoran, and Dawnbringer realms will join the Azuremyst and Staghelm realms.
  • The Garona realm will join the Icecrown and Malygos realms.
  • Hyjal will join Proudmoore.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

18 Likes

Hyjal to proudmoore? Really? XD

Can you please not make Proudmoore pair with any other realm? It is a safe haven for LGBTQ. I would rather just not.

32 Likes

I am excited for the infusion of Horde players.

2 Likes

This was unexpected. I thought Hyjal was at least medium-high pop and didn’t need a connection. Or I guess if they’re connecting to Proudmoore, the goal is faction balancing.

13 Likes

Anyone else get a feeling the reason they are doing this is to open up local cross faction play? Just a hunch but why else would a high pop horde server (hyjal) join a high pop alliance (proudmoore?). Maybe both are not as high pop as we though?

4 Likes

Ok I have to ask, will you be merging servers again after this because you have been merging Medium servers with other Medium servers but this connection is a “New Players” (low pop realm) with another set of Low realms.

7 Likes

My condolences, Hyjal players.

Here’s a handy reference guide

uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

53 Likes

This is a little uncalled for wouldn’t you say?

9 Likes

Please don’t merge anyone with Proudmoore :confused:
We’ve spent over a decade making Proudmoore an LGBT+ friendly realm. Sending another realm into us is literally taking away over a decade of work.

28 Likes

Hyjal will join Proudmoore?

Why? Those are High pop, aren’t they?

19 Likes

This, although I’m not on Proudmoore because I couldn’t find a Horde-side raiding guild. I appreciate the community everyone has built over there even if I can’t be part of it.

(Seriously though, some of y’all should consider faction transferring. We have Blood Elves!)

6 Likes

Please try to be more tolerant and accepting of other cultures.

23 Likes

Hyjal and Proudmoore merging was something way at the bottom of my list of connection guesses. Wow.

9 Likes

Now I’m nervous for my toons on Aerie Peak, which has less pop than Hyjal and is Alliance-leaning.

1 Like

I wish they would leave my proudmoore alone. I don’t want to merge with anyone else.

11 Likes

That is a rather odd connection considering Proudmoore is listed full and the other is high population. Can’t feel too sorry for you though since they dumped a bunch of people on my high population server and we have been getting a lot more lag than normal now.

1 Like

Why is Hyjal being merged with Proudmoore? Both servers have a very healthy population, with Proudmoore being more populated than Hyjal.

19 Likes

Does not compute.

39 Likes

Not too shabby. Looks like we’re getting some real raiders but I’m already switching my main toon. :frowning: Still awesome for my alts though.