Realm Connections -- August 13

As much as I have advocated for more realm mergers … shouldn’t you wait until shadowlands launch?

Every xpac launch sees your high pop realms fall over - and a lot of players return for launches.

So wouldn’t it be prudent to chill for a bit, see how SL shakes out, then continue with the mergers?

This is awesome! Been on Vashj for years and its been quite dead for a while. Looking forward to playing with you guys!

No, because it took them forever to get this started back up again. The last US realm merges were around the beginning of Warlords (before the ones this summer). If they wait longer, something else will break and that’ll take precedence and we’ll be waiting another year.

This is awesome! Been on Vashj for years and its been quite dead for a while. Looking forward to playing with you guys!

Posted on my wrong toon lol.

2 Likes

As much as I like getting realm connected finally, you guys seriously need to work on your communication skills. Announcement going up 12 hours before it’s set to take place is not gonna win any awards. Sorta like waiting until the end of Shadowlands alpha to announce no new archaeology stuff. So it goes right into Beta and then there’s zero chance the players are gonna be heard about it. “We knew but we can’t be bothered to inform you”.

1 Like

lol of course all the realm connections so far have been within the same battlegroup, confirming my theory, up until MY realm gets connected, then they go against it. Thanks, Blizz XD

In all seriousness, though, finally! Thank you!

BUT I hope we get connected to more than just Icecrown/Malygos because even with those realms, that’s only a total of 13 mythic guilds (as per wowprogress), with only ONE guild having cleared mythic.

1 Like

That is a bit weak, i hope there is plans to add another to that connection.

3 Likes

Three days before.

2 Likes

There hasn’t been battlegroups since MoP.

Also blizzard merge more realms. And you need to consolidate/better illustrate in the server selection menu which realms are merged.

3 Likes

This connection is not enough for blackrock. Blackrock has 22k characters and is 87% horde. Azjol-Nerub and Kaz Modan have 35k characters and 65% alliance. Offer free transfers or make connections that actually make a difference.

1 Like

this this this this this

Not what I’m saying. If you look at ALL the realms that have been connected before this batch, all the connections were made within realms part of the same old battlegroups. This is the first time it hasn’t been the case.

Thunderhorn/Blades Edge US please.

Well, if 2 us players (you and follow up mage poster) say this connection is a bit weak, means raider io is pretty reliable for population purposes.

As an EU player who doesn’t know US realms except from websites, this is by far the weakest connection of these sets, but still should be a lot better activity wise, especially for you on garona.

And I’m pretty sure you’ll be connected with more, hopefully they fixed the issues with connections (3 out of 4 failed last week in EU), which will allow them to keep a good pace (5 connections a week are a lot!).

1 Like

Blizz most of us are glad to hear about these realm connections, could you guys maybe connect lightninghoof to a couple of realms that way the people on there could benefit as well

1 Like

can we just get a full list of what you’re intentions are? i need to know if i need to transfer or not k thnx bye

1 Like

oh but it’s not a “decision” you will be transfered whenever you like it or not.

Really wish for a connection between all brazilian realms. Please, make it happen.

The population situation on these realms is already perfect. Trade chat has a reasonable amount of chatter with a minimum of spam. Based on trade chat, everyone actually logging on prefers a low to medium population realm - some preferred not getting merged at all and I saw nobody who wanted further merges - so any additoonal merges would be viewed as a bad thing for those who actually make these realms their home.