Really? No Flying in next patch?

What’s the surfing emotes on every comment supposed to mean

Riding the wave from my flying carpet.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

Old flying was pretty boring and this is a good improvement

1 Like

I do not consider it better so I prefer TBC flying as I feel it is better.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you Mumo, old flying had become stale and boring at 18 years a brain dead mechanics of it. Sure everyone took full advantage of it, no matter what your game play style was, only a complete fool wouldn’t. But for years now people have asked for something new, a change, and improvement to flight over all. Something that open a door way to something more interactive. Even if Dragoinriding is not perfect and they are still working on it. Its still an improvement at the same time they are not taking away old flying mounts or even taking away old style flying. Its just the same as its always been for years now.

They don’t even know what they are arguing for at this point.

They each have their benefits and drawbacks, IMO. Speed versus control. Dragonriding is great for covering long distances, but…damned if I don’t find myself missing the precision of TBC flight after overshooting that dumb dreamsurge shadowflame node thing by a hairbreadth. (And don’t even start me on the stupid Thaldraszus Apex glyph.)

1 Like

I would like Dragonriding a lot more if they increase the height you can ground skim. I’m not exactly sure what it is, but it feels too low for me.

1 Like

That is a very good post and you are a valued member of the WoW community.

3 Likes

I mean: if it really is as objectively superior as people claim, that’d make a lot more sense.

2 Likes

Well this is going to upset the folks who were smugly telling all the rest of us to “deal with it”.

Either way though - good move by Blizzard.

3 Likes

Ok sherlok

1 Like

Well, that puts me that much closer to never overshooting a node, or taking off when I meant to counterattack, again. And yes; good on them.

1 Like

We recently moved my parents into a retirement community. They’re high functioning and have their own apartment. I asked how the WIFI was and they said “awesome”. I immediately texted my sons and told them when it was time to put me away, I’d like to go there. If they still have great internet.

My older son responded “can I have your stuff?”

So… if you want to use your own flying mounts, you have to jump through every hoop.

This is why I haven’t bought an expac since WoD.

Enjoy your pathfinger.

1 Like

I believe there’s a swatch of players who experience nausea with dragon riding.

My point is…Options are always great.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is really some bull. I mean, we pay a great amount of gold to be able to fly, and now we can’t fly, that’s bull

Stop there criminal scum!

Necromancy is against kingdom law.

Your goods are now forfeit, and you are subject to the derision of other forumgoers.

4 Likes

they never enable old flying in old expansions right away. bfa JUST had its flight restriction removed in pre-patch. you still need to have pathfinder for shadowlands and ofc that means dragonflight also hasnt been changed. it sucks yes, but thats the reality of how blizzard does things

You can normal fly… They even increased the speed to 420% so it feels better.