Really hope Slands conquest gear ilvl isnt

Locked behind rating.

I think its a bad idea to allow higher skilled players exclusive access to better ilvl in pvp. It makes the gear/skill gap that much wider. Would feel rrally bad as an up and comer to be facing not only more skilled players but having those players also outgear you…

Pls no blizz.

I beleive conquest gear shoukd be upgradeable like honor gear but thr higher ranked you are the faster you are able to upgrade. Obviously cosmetic rewards and such are for top rated ppl only.

32 Likes

Ya, rating reqs are bad. Better players don’t need better gear in PvP. It’s pretty ignorant that people defend the system tbh. Cosmetics and quicker gearing though? That’s fine.

36 Likes

Exactly. It will still give better players a feeling of progressing faster than lower pkayers but by the end of a tier everyones = gear (roughly)

Instead of 2400+ ppl being 226 geared while ppl pushing 2350+ are 210 etc lol

8 Likes

The old devs said they learned their lesson when they finally removed t2 weapons (after having removed all other rating reqs in the previous expansion) but these devs seem to have to learn the same lessons that the old devs already did for some reason.

Hopefully the gear won’t be rating locked, but I’m not holding my breath.

15 Likes

Same sadly, it was a big step forward when they removed T2 weapons and such. There’s quite a few people wanting rating reqs to be a thing again though, and that’s a big problem imo. MoP and WoD gearing was just the best way to handle it.

10 Likes

Those ppl are likely gladiator players who just want to keep others pushed out

5 Likes

So you would be fine with 800, 1200, etc rated players eventually having high end mythic raid and conquest ilvl gear?

And how much faster should the higher skilled players be able to gear?

Alright I’ll answer this one. PvP balance matters HUGELY more than pve balance. If a player is slightly weaker in pve nothing happens other than he does less damage or healing (the extreme is he gets benched). In pvp if a player is slightly weaker he may not even be able to win, now add ilvl / gear discrepancy on top of that and he has a negative chance. End game pvp is meant to be a test of skill, not gear. So yes, the n00b 1600 player should 100% be able to get the same gear the 3k player has.

21 Likes

Low rated players should eventually have gear on par with the highest rated players, yes. That’s how it worked for most of MoP and all of WoD and it was pretty great. There doesn’t need to be a bigger gap than skill between players in PvP.

It probably doesn’t work with their gear is gear mentality since they will never let low rated players match mythic players, but in a perfect world conquest gear would always be BiS in PvP and thus could be given out to low rated players without causing trouble for PvE progression.

The highest rated players typically had double the conquest cap of an unrated player. I don’t see a problem with that as even with the unrated level cap you still get geared by the middle of the season. Also, honor gear was competitive back then too so it wasn’t too much of a burden to not be fully geared in conquest as soon as possible.

9 Likes

Whatever they did in WoD felt perfect to me.

12 Likes

Yes. It worked that way in MoP and WoD. I’d rather people win or lose on their own merits and not something stupid like gear lmao.

8 Likes

I agree, but Blizzard has other ideas…

If you gate the gear @2400, unless you are a glad, or e-celeb,streamer…it’s going to force you into doing at the very minimum…mythic+ multiple times for chest options, and either being in, or buying, a CE achievement for the weapons.

That’s at least how it looks like it will unfold, if 2400 is needed. Not saying people still won’t do that to get ahead quicker, but it’s guaranteed if your unable to gain the rating for higher gear, especially later in the season, when there will be some serious gatekeeping.

2 Likes

This is why they needed to add a PvP stat, so everyone could get bis PvP geared without worrying mythic raiders.

3 Likes

Im at best a 2k-2.1k player. Ill never see 2400 for multiple reasons (life style, dedication, time to learn, bound to LFG etc)

I beleive a 1400 player should be able to slowly but surely upgrade their gear to the best it can be. A 2400 player should be able to do this faster deffinately or else where is the benefit in being high rated. You still get your achis and Xmog goodies + mount where the lower players dont.

Seems fair.

8 Likes

Also…I’m part of the WoD gearing crowd…

Was simply the best system Blizzard ever designed for PvP…Slug it out in Ashran for a couple weeks and you had a blue set equal to Heroic gear minus damage trinkets. It’s only fault was the elite gear was such high Ilevel, it allowed total noobs into Heroic PUGs which made the raiders mad. Just lower the value in PvE so those options are always better, and you have a perfect gearing system IMO.

10 Likes

The main point is that everyone should at least be on par ilvl wise, or very close by the middle/latter half of the season so people can push on an even playing field. It worked fine in MoP and WoD, but the higher rated players will have a higher conquest cap. There was nothing wrong with that. Make more cosmetics for the rating tiers and call it good. Ilvl advantages in PvP are just asinine when it’s supposed to be competitive.

6 Likes

I mean they already get a sick looking mount and wep enchant transmog. Plus the Achi they can rub in ppls faces :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ya, I’m moreso meaning cool cosmetics for the lower brackets too. Give them something to try to strive for while learning. Just don’t lock ilvl behind it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like such a hilariously easy thing to understand, people don’t like being disadvantaged in the gear department but want to pvp.
I’ve read so many insights as to why they do this ranging from being worried the M+ and raiding populations would drop to Blizzard thinking that us ‘needing’ to many gear sets is a bad thing. My honest guess is that Blizz just wants people on the player retention gear treadmill as long as possible.

4 Likes

I like the elite set being 1400- 1600 - 1800. Makes 1800 really appealing and then 2100 for thr wep enchant

3 Likes