Really good changes for dk

UH DK is dead after these changes, Frost is probably better now in all situations (or its just better to play another class). The VP damage nerf is huge especially since they bugfixed commander of the dead affecting main pet damage. They didnt even revert the duration nerf in PvP from BFA, its already a chore to keep up every 7 seconds and now it will do less damage than deathcoil throughout a game.

Sigh.

Max Health = 279000
Damage Taken = 151540
Vers Mod = 1.2075
DS Base Heal = 0.07 * Max Health
DS Damage Heal = 0.25 * Damage Taken

Base DS Heal if no vers
279000 * 0.07 = 19530
Actual Heal = 23658

Base DS Heal if vers
279000 * 0.07 * 1.2075 = 23582
Actual Heal = 23658

DS Heal from Damage if no vers
151540 * 0.25 = 37885
Actual Heal = 45745

DS Heal from Damage if vers
151540 * 0.27 * 1.2075 = 45746
Actual Heal = 45745

Draw your own conclusions.

3 Likes

Just played with it. Vers is definitely affecting it. Thank you for testing and confirming that!

Hyperbole. UH DK will still be very strong in the right team comps. They haven’t nerfed our burst window or control at all.

Have to wait and see but the change from 5% to 4% probably won’t cripple necrotic heal. Spell warden on the other hand didn’t get nerfed by 33% I’m pretty sure its TO 33% which will be huge.

These changes do nothing for Frost, so I’m having a hard time being happy about it. The spec is still bad in vacuum. I main Unholy but I can’t see any benefit for dk’s overall with these changes. Not trying to be mean but thinking that because Unholy is getting hit that is somehow good for Frost is ignoring several other glaring problems my brotha. All that happened here is Unholy lost some passive healing and gained some active which may still balance out when eveyone hits full verse and HP, which also got buffed.

Not to mention that as healers get stronger so do our Necrotic absorbs. If a healer can pump out 1m heals during a full necro stack w/o 4 pc and can pump 1.5 or 2m with 4 pc tier then its a gain as far as the heal absorb goes.

Personally I think they could dump the nerfs from DS all together at this point. VP nerf is dumb as hell, its a 7s duatiaon they could have brought it up to the full 14 in pve or just left it alone, because its 7s and costs a rune to put back up if abom or UB is down. I can live with the spell warden nerf but the ‘dk unkillable’ thing is a troupe, if that were even remotely true Spriest wouldn’t have been the most repped DPS in 3s for the whole expac to date. Bad players can’t play around it but I can wax dk’s playing it in 2s on my assassination rogue outside deathmark windows, and I’m trash on my rogue.

BTW the passive healing redux is only a net positive if they’re doing it to everyone to the same extent relevant to the class/spec. So don’t be a cheerleader for a weaker version of the class that you play.

I already mentioned that i personally thought that as well, The reason the changes are a good thing isnt necessarily because the numbers they put out are good its the direction of the changes as a principle

Nerf passive, Buff active

As for the unholy nerfs i think they were done wrong as well but for what its worth its really not even half as bad as others got it so i still think unholy will be in a dominant spot

They nerfed Spellwarding by 67%.

• Rune of Spellwarding’s absorb shield is now 33% effective in PvP Combat.
  • Rune of Spellwarding’s cast speed reduction is now 33% effective in PvP Combat.

And what do we get from it? Barely unnerfed death strike. Devs pls.

They honestly don’t care :frowning:

1 Like

this is twice blizzard has nerfed something we have stop saying we are hard to kill i wear plate i am melee which means i have to be in it to get it done if i chase you down and hit you that’s what my class is supposed to do. we are nothing like we use to be at the very begging but people still cry about how bad it is to have to deal with us we can’t kill we chase people around and cause pressure why is it now that every time i see new patch notes we are on them for another nerf knock it off blizzard when you gave the world to the other melee class and keep taking it from us i am a normal pve and pvp player I’m not mlg or any of that garbage you think matters down here at this end its getting really old that you won’t leave my class and spec alone due to the casters not liking something in my talent tree. doesn’t matter its bs that it keeps happening and it’s RUINING MY GAME EXPERIANCE that you say you care so much about. I put this here cause everyone else does it because trying to get any real advice or help has become garbage period.

2 Likes

It is real disheartening to always see them say that we can’t be killed/to survivable isn’t it. I don’t want to be op I would like skill to decide if I win or lose, and I’m not a top player either.

I do appreciate at least blizzard isn’t just doing one big nerf on one class and calling it like they used to. they look like they are trying hard to get a good balance I just wish that they would’ve gotten these tunings done in beta so that I could get used to my class as is

1 Like