Really bro?

What hypocrisy? Are you okay?

Warrior currently isn’t meta… you’ll be okay. Warrior get’s strong again the end of WOTLK and in Cata.

I don’t think you know what rhetoric means.

Citing their abilities and comparative overpowering of paladins is not ‘rhetoric’.

Edit: People said the same thing about ret paladins in ICC, yet they got their buff.

I see people say this a lot, but I don’t think it matters who was stronger/weaker during what era. We want everything to be viable/valuable to play at the end of the day.

1 Like

Ummm I think we are fine. I just think your argument that a class should be unviable because a spec was powerful in the past is bosh.

But warriors are actually okay.

2 Likes

Warriors are ok compared to DKs and Druids, but Paladins are heavily overrepresented as a tank and as a class.

A nerf to prot paladin would fix it.

Well everything is viable if you know the class and how to play it.

Quote me where I stated… “that a class should be unviable.”

You didn’t, but you heavily implied that a class in WoTLK being heavily weaker was justified on account of past performance in other expansions.

If anything, I would not be nerfing tanks/heals of any sort. I’d just buff the specs that underperform. I hear druid heals have target prio issues atm, for example.

A buff to warrior/dk/bear would essentially be a prot paladin nerf so I don’t really care.

But the classic team loves dragging its feet so I’d imagine a nerf to prot paladin is less work and therefore more agreeable to their lack of work ethic.

Well in a thread actively engaging in discussion about whether warriors are viable you offered the opinion that the class had it’s time in the sun … So yeah that’s what you said dude. Just own it.

A class is not a spec. Every class should have a viable option. That’s my only point.

1 Like

I think it was meant more to say that since the class has enjoyed the top spot in previous expansions, it’s okay to be a bit lackluster (but still viable) for now.

I don’t think it’s the best reasoning, but it didn’t strike me as saying the class shouldn’t be usable.

Wrong, don’t tell me what I’m implying, if there is more than one variety of something… guess what? There is going to be a best and worst… doesn’t make it any less viable.

I said they aren’t meta and are viable… I’ve been pretty consistent and yes, they were the sun when it came to vanilla and TBC. It happens, your class is viable just not meta, get out of your feelings.

Fair enough let’s move on, its not really a hill I want to die on :slight_smile:
I mean it really doesn’t change anything either way.

Fine maybe we both got the wrong end of the stick let’s move on.

I’ll tell you exactly what you were implying.

“Vanilla and TBC… who was BY FAR AND AWAY the best DPS, warrior.”

You’re invoking other expansions to justify classes being underpowered now. You said it and I inferred correctly.

Viability is not of concern, since prot paladins are two tiers above the next tank. A class/spec being so heavily overpowered as to eclipse the other 3 classes that fulfill the same role is deserving of a nerf.

1 Like

This isn’t a position many people can support, nor one devs should respond to. Viability is the primary concern. How they stack up is secondary. These “tiers” you’re talking about are subjective opinions anyway, produced by the same influencers I referred to earlier. If we’re all being honest, if there is any substantial difference between War and Pal, it’s about a half tier at most. Also, if representation really was so important, Bears are the ones I see used and discussed the least. They would be my first choice to look at buffing.

Tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better… you are just gonna keep pushing your own narrative because that’s what you want this to be about. It’s not, but you’re entitled to be wrong.

Wrong.

How much extra power would prot paladins require before you said “ok let’s nerf them” I wonder. If prot paladins had more health than bears would you say it?

What if their shield wall was on a 30s CD? If they were top dps?

The other classes would still be ‘viable’ by your logic, therefore no balance change would be required.

Edit: Above- I feel better about being right. You invoked it as justification for warriors being in an indefensible position given the balance changes that have occurred.

You can dream.

You said it, go on then. What were you mentioning the other expansions for. I’ll listen to your rationale if my inference is wrong on what I quoted.

Prot Pally were strong during retail Wrath and nothing significant has changed that in Classic. Ret got a buff, but that’s largely irrelevant to tanking. There isn’t a huge gulf in viability between Pally and War. One just has a little more utility, generally speaking.