Reality of all the Microsoft threads

All these Microsoft threads poping up. Seems not many understand how mergers and acquisitions work. This is NOT “I just bought a house time to start making changes”. A lot is involved with any type of acquisition or company merger. To say it’s a lengthy process would be a serius understatement

You wont see any real changes for another 2 years minimal if then. This was not the buy out of a nothing small dying company. Microsoft wont even full be calling the shots for about another 5-8 months at best. This is how mergers and acquisitions work.

When Morgan Stanly bought out E- Trade? They were not fully running the show till 11 months later. Roughly 15 months later they started making management changes. Id be shocked if the paperwork on the acquisition was finalized in under 90 days even.

Sometimes there is even a 2 year no changes policy written into the buy out contracts. We dont have the specifics. For all we know there could have been a no disruptions to World of Warcrafts 4 year and plan in the contracts and yes trust me they have a 4 year treatment plan.

Im sorry to give so many folks a realty check and I know you all are DESPERATE for change but to react this way is just a little bit crazy. Especially making threads you actually expect Microsoft to see already.

9 Likes

it’s roughly 25% people joking around and 75% people who have no idea how businesses operate

8 Likes

This saddens me.

5 months, 2 years… I just want Halo maps for battlegrounds.

Also, THPS mini game that lets our characters shred vert ramps at darkmoon faire.

3 Likes

Well I’ve never worked in a corporate environment nor have I gone to school for business/law nor have I ever said “hm, I wonder how mergers and acquisitions work” :laughing:

No one has to be insane for that.

wee know but just knowing major change is coming makes me so hopeful for the future

Found this in another thread. Posted it just for you

5 Likes

I can’t wait… I seriously can’t

2 Likes

Skaterat agrees!

2 Likes

@Microsoft,

Shun the OP.

1 Like

I get that but this is like planning your wedding on a first date lol

1 Like

I would change that. Some people aren’t really bothered much about it, and a vast majority of people just play the game and don’t really care who owns who, as long as they can still play.

1 Like

This is my boat

You aren’t wrong. I’m literally going through this with my current employer, who literally signed the agreement to sell us the day after this Microsoft deal was announced. So we are now waiting for the state/fed regulatory process to find out our fate which they say could take a year. Also I’ve been through this before in my career.

In my experience anything short of a year is fast. If its six months – that’s lightspeed.

2 Likes

Nice to see someone who gets it

Hey man stop :poop:ing on peoples hope :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They may not change the game, but they can change the staff! As long as they see the problems between Ion and Danuser, they can save WoW by letting these two walk. I know Ion is a king when it comes to making raids but i have a feeling others could make as great of raids as Ion does.

Danuser can go, idc where he ends up as long as he doesn’t touch Blizzard ever.

Also with Bobby Kotick probably leaving after this acquisition, it could relieve stress from the workplace and hopefully change the culture within it as well so the devs could feel comfortable. This is also a great thing about the acquisition, putting an ends to the ‘frat boy’ culture within the company so devs can focus.

Also I’m hopeful that we get the Master Chief armor, weapons from Halo, and the vehicles in the shop. Imagine getting onto a banshee with the same visual as in Halo? This I could agree of bringing into the shop. What we have now in there, some of them do not belong at all.

4 Likes

If the current trend continues for the next 4 years, you’ve already written the game off. This is unsustainable. If microsoft thinks blizzard is doing something horribly wrong, there is no way they’ll stand back and let them continue.

1 Like

Them having a say at all is about 1-2years off still

Like another person said above. If the deal is even finalized in under 6months I will be shocked and thats just the paperwork. They cant even assume legal control the moment that’s done. Its a process

This is what I’ve started to realize about these threads.
I think some people are just fueled by hope.

1 Like