Real Chat: Dynamic Spawns

I agree that at times they do respawn to quickly, often immediately after the previous mob died. But I would rather play around the possibility of an immediate respawn than fight with a swarm of players over tags.

Skull rock is indeed insane, as is the mine in the northeast corner of the barrens. Literal instant respawns.

In the cave area north of the N. Elf version of goldshire (Don’t remember the name because it’s the first time in that zone since maybe 2012.

On the quest to get a Grill’s head. As I entered the cave I noticed there was no NPCs anywhere. Classic has thought me to ‘know’ where the NPC’s are so I don’t get ganged up on. I figured someone or group ran through and killed the mobs on way to boss. A short distance in to the cave, 4 grill spawned all at the same time in different areas of the open chamber I was in. All 4 immediately rushed to attack me the moment they spawned in. I saw them spawn in, and there was no hesitation, there was no looking around. They appeared and I was instantly flagged in combat as they rushed my character.

Edit - and, yes, there was distance between my character and the 4 NPCs.

I’m able to kills some mobs 3 times because the new mob spawns on top of his clone’s corpse. It seems a bit much in some areas.

1 Like

It wasn’t.

I wasn’t able to spam kill the same mob within 30 seconds.

1 Like

I never saw it like this in Vanilla either, not to this extent at all. I have died and have saw others die because of the ridiculously fast respawns. I was in a group in one of the caves in Elwynn Forest the other day and many times our group couldn’t even progress through the cave because the kobolds kept immediately spawning on top of us keeping us locked to a small area. I see now why some people just give up and start running out because you can’t just clear normally and move on.

Earlier in Westfall while killing goretusks they would respawn the second I got one killed. They need to definitely tone it down.

I’ve experienced this too. Makes caves interesting and extra deadly.
Does anyone know if it’s tied to the amount of players in the area? There were a metric tonne of us on the hill killing defias in westfall last night and we still somehow never ran out of mobs because they were respawning so quick.
It’s a bit of a double-edged sword; it’s great when you’re grouped up but a bit of a pain when you’re solo and just want to loot this one damn mob and be on your way but can’t because he keeps respawning before you can safely loot him. :s

This is exactly what killed wow

It was.

You just didn’t have the same number of people in a single area forcing the spawns.

No, it really wasn’t.

Okay. I’ll trust the facts and Blizzard over your 15 year old memory of how things were.

You didn’t actually play during vanilla, did you.

What facts, is there a Blizzard post stating that they intended for mobs to respawn faster than people can kill them?

From Wowhead Vanilla:
The following is an overview of mob types and their usual respawn timers:

Standard

15 min

Fast Respawn

Usually 1 min

Named mobs

Normal named mobs may either be on the regular respawn timer, or they may be [rare mobs] with timers of several hours or more (e.g. Broken Tooth).

What I’m seeing is respawns faster than 30 seconds. Not all the time, but in enough places.

Faster respawns were done in TBC because of the Hellboars, but faster than 1min fast respawns? No

I was with a group at the Hillsbrad Fields and we were trying to get Human Skulls. We camped outside of the town hall and right when we finished a chain of mobs four respawned simultaneously. As we tried to run out, two more simultaneously respawned in our path.

My magey mageness saved me, but my companions were not so lucky. It was kind of cool though!

Yes. They explained that’s how it was in vanilla.

If all the mobs in an area are killed in quick succession, e.g. a mass of players are clearing a single camp of mobs, it forces respawns instantly.

Here you go:

Except I’m seeing it even where there aren’t a lot of people.

Dalaran bubble area, killed a summoner, another summoner immediately spawned, killed him, another spawned immediately on his corpse.

I don’t think that was intended. I was one of 2 people in the area, and the elementals in the same area did not respawn that fast

1 Like

Then make a bug report. I’m sure if there’s something wrong, they’ll fix it, but more likely is that it’s working as it’s supposed to.

Confirmed

For the most part, I’m fine with the spawn rates. It makes questing slightly more efficient (by the time you hit the high teens, the drop rates are low enough to where the faster spawn times are really appreciated by me!)