Real Change, When?

Probably when Guldan comes back for the 3rd time is my guess.

Pretty much this, i ran across a rare “forgotten griffon” or something so i figured “Sure, ill try it.”
Spent what seemed like 20 minutes killing it solo.
Unlike rares in FR or ZC, I was never in any danger of death. I doubt it ever got me below 3/4 of my health, one quick Word of Glory and i was all good.
However, all that i got was box of mettle, a Centaur hunting trophy, and some gold. Didnʻt feel worth the time spent trying it solo.

1 Like

Would you think that the Horseman fight might lead to this showing up in regular dungeons?
Talk to NPCs at the beginning of a dungeon for personal affixes to improve your loot.

Which also means it’s not worth the time to form a group over, which is the problem.

So what’s the crying about then?

No instances at all world content player will sit at 424. Which is higher than relative to wrath.

Lfr and event raid boxes player will sit at the same item as heroic raiders at 437. Which again is way higher than wrath (there is no lfr and no event boxes so you are forced to actually raid)

1 Like

Right now:
There is a weekly quest that gives gear for 5 heroic dungeons.
A full clear of LFR will max your vault.
On Tuesday, you can choose to take tokens from your vault, then use the tokens to buy Wyrm crests from the guy stnading beside the vault.
You can then use the crests to uprade the gear you got from the weekly quest.

This means, a solo player only doing qued content (so no manually made groups) can reach normal/heroic raid level gear without doing any M+, Raiding, or PvP end game.

Next patch these weekly dungeons will count towards vault progress. You can either max out vault this way while doing the quest or lfr if you want.

This means it will take even less work for a solo based player, whom only through qued content, can again reach normal/heroic raid level gear while doing 0 M+, Raid, or pvp end game pillars.

Since the solo player will be able to upgrade thier gear, once they pass break points, they will be able to upgrade thier lower crests higher. This means any content that gives crests can be progression towards uprades.

Options to upgrade without M+, Raids, or pvp exists. Players would just rather click on the new shiny toy than plan ahead

Meaningful change will happen when we can all agree that the past 3 expansions were disastrous. DF gave us meaningful change and is generally considered much better than disastrous, so, that’s 1 expansion of the 3 out of your equation.

I would love it if they removed gear dependancies for low level battegrounds so new comers don’t get one shotted by over geared players in low level bgs/arenas.

2 Likes

ESO’s biggest issue is that it’s a terrible game. That’s why it went f2p.

1 Like

Allowing level-sync to happen in PvP was among the worst things to ever happen to WoW.

You got lvl 70s running around, killing lvl 19’s and thinking they’re doing actual PvP.

And the poor lowbies, that’s probably their first taste of PvP, lol.

No wonder it’s dead at max level.

1 Like

All this happened at the end of an expansion, when historically free gear is given away. Free gear isn’t what people are asking for. Alternative means of gearing is. The flightstones are a good method, I would like to see Blizzard build on this and implement something similar BEFORE the expansion is over next time.

Examples are?

I’m not crying at all. Can you point to where I was complaining?

I see you can’t answer anything past that due to being wrong about the gear ilvls relating to the 2 expansions.

The main issue with DF is that basically no one is playing it. People tried to blame Baldur’s Gate 3 and Diablo IV. Those players tend to be raid loggers and want the best rewards to only come from raiding.

World content used to be a daily chill option someone can do if they wanted to. Now WQ only reset twice a week and give very bad rewards.

If WQ reset like they did in Legion and have callings then more people will be playing. I think callings and mission tables are a good middle ground for raid loggers who just want to raid and casuals who like to chill in the open world.

1 Like

Middleschool dictionary? You either know the difference between a noun and a verb or you don’t. Hey I’m not saying your the only one who makes this mistake, you see it all the time in the headlines of major news outlets.

Is similar to saying someone is a breathe when they mean to say they are breathing.

And yes, WoW is losing market share just like most video games that came out in 2004. It’s old technology compared to modern games designed for video consoles and mobile devices.

The simple solution is whatever you would do open world stuff for, let clearing the raid fill the great majority of the requirement.

The problem is you’d have to raid AND still get a full dose of world content on top of it.

1 Like

BFA got to be pretty decent by the end of 8.3, but 8.0 was pretty bad gameplay/systems wise.

1 Like

They didn’t do things exactly like he thinks they should be done because, you know, the world revolves around what he wants.

This method has been available since the start as a gearing method for solo players.