Reagent bag notification stuck on screen

I bought and equipped a Storm-Battered Reagent Bag during the Primal Storm Pre-Patch Event. After the quest ‘A Gift for Miguel’ I got a Gatherer’s Reagent Pouch and immediatly equipped it and vendored the old bag. Now the gold tutorial window saying “You’ve obtained a reagent bag! Open your bag.” is stuck on my screen. I’ve opened and closed my bags, repurchased the old bag and swapped multiple times, logged out, and closed the game, but it’s still stuck there upon log in. I tried disabling tutorials and addons and it’s still there. Anyone else seeing this and how can I get rid of it?

25 Likes

I am also having this same issue right after the same quest as well.

7 Likes

Having the same problem myself

4 Likes

Having the same problem myself

4 Likes

I’m having the EXACT SAME ISSUE! Thank god it’s not only me. It’s been there for HOURS! Was there all last night. I logged out. Turned off my computer & came back this morning & it’s still there. I’ve tried everything & it will NOT GO AWAY! I’m losing my mind.

4 Likes

I had the same issue. Turn off your bag addon and reload. Open your bags, dismiss the message, turn your bag addon back on, and reload.

92 Likes

OMFG THIS WORKED!!! You are a LIFE SAVER! It was Bagnon! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that… WHEW! Thank you thank you thank you! :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

DEVS! PLEASE! If you read this… PLEASE give us an option to turn these damn yellow tooltip boxes OFF! PLEASE!!! Drives me insane! I’m sure it’s useful for some people but please give us the option to TURN IT OFF! Could prevent stuff like this happening? Anyone at Blizzard PLEASE pass it on. LMAO! <3 <3 <3 Love you :kissing_heart: :rofl: :heart_hands:

10 Likes

the notificaiton keeps coming back for me after doing this.
Attempted that and:
Disable addon>close notification>relog-notification reappears before enabling addon.

Edit: So far, exiting the game completely and logging back in works after disabling the notification. I’ll come back with another edit if I continue to have the problem.
Disable addon>reload>close notification>exit game>log in and enable addon

4 Likes

Happening to me as well. None of the above suggestions have worked. Any time a new item goes into the bag, the popup reappears.

Same issue. It goes away if I turn off ALL my addons but immediately comes back when I renable them. I don’t want this ugly box on my screen. If Blizzard’s bag was adequate I wouldn’t have to use a bag addon in the first place, but it’s not adequate.

3 Likes

I think I found a fix. Disable all addons, unequip the quest reward reagent bag, and re-equip it manually (I equipped the pre-patch vendor-bought one and then reequipped the larger quest reward one, but I don’t know actually equipping the other bag was necessary). You should then be able to turn on your addons again after that without issue.

I had gone so far as to delete the Interface and WTF folders entirely and done a “scan & repair” of the installation, and that did not fix the issue.

1 Like

I tried the same trick and it did the same. After i turned Bagnon back on the notification came back. I realized it was specifically refering to the extra bag i had fron the quest in my inventory (i bought a bigger one) so i just deleted the quest bag and it went away.

7 Likes

The tool tip seems to be attached to the old reagent bag. The advice above works perfectly. shut down any addons for bags, open all your bags, the “X” to close out the tool tip window is on the old reagent bag.

2 Likes

There may be other addons interfering or it could be that I use a different bag addon.

I’ve tried all of the above suggestions, no dice.

Same Issue!

Profession tools do the same thing. I ended up putting things I wasn’t using in the bank to get rid of that notification.

I am also have that reagent bag notifications staying arond. I did clean no addons, wtf, cache deleted. Logged back end and notification still looking at me. Reenabled everfything and it is still there. Very annoying, had to move my Bags bar, and micro menu

EDIT:
If not clear it still shows with NO Addons, and cleared WTF.

I’m having the same problem.