Reading the .json

It’s likely because people abused things. Ruins it for the rest of us.

"abused things?

Really? Such as?

“Likes?” Maybe you could argue a small fraction of players sometimes collaborated to “like” each other’s posts, but I seriously doubt that this rose to any substantial or even noticeable level of “abuse.”.

So now, “likes” are rationed per character. And, you can “like” your own posts. In fact, you can get on 26 alts and like your own, or anyone else’s posts!!! Whereas formerly, you could post on any of your characters but your posts were account-wide.

How were one-word responses like 'THIS" abused and why can’t we post them here?

I don’t recall hearing or ever running into abusive links, so I can’t really understand this new limitation.

I mean, I’m not suggesting that you have to explain these things – this wasn’t your doing :slight_smile: But I just wonder how sound the “abuse” argument really is.

This!

HAHA lol :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Cheeky, using heading tags for that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One word replies and people bumping their own threads.

The likes are used for some features of the forum such as top threads and summarized view of threads. Thus they’re rationed so you don’t have people liking every post in a thread to inflate the thread’s rating.

That’s probably a limitation of them not connecting our alts together. Not to say it won’t be addressed in the future.

For the longest time, links to outside of the forums were disabled in that they weren’t clickable due to keyloggers and such. With taking time to get to higher trust levels in order to obtain such ability, they feel that it’ll be safe to allow such ability again as anybody who spends 50 days to get their account to level 3 isn’t going to just throw their account away just like that.

There’s lot of things that work on padding though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like my bloated belly… :frowning:

You can bump your own threads here. You can get on an alt since your posts are not account wide.

Rationed “likes” is insane.

I think your own links were clickable but when posted on the old forums, they appeared as quotes and had to be copied/pasted into a new tab/page.

But still, not seeing a pattern of abuse sufficient to warrant any of these changes, and I don’t view the changes that have been made as curative.

Jmo.

I would very much like my “ignore player” button back. Not for present company :slight_smile:

1 Like

whats the matter with ur belly?
:star::mage:

It’s fat. :frowning:

so?
if u don’t like it, you can always do something about it!
:star::mage:

Not on an injured leg I can’t. :confused:

u will heal in time. it will be okay!
/hugs

It’s been 16 months. Still walking with a cane. Good thing trust levels here don’t require fitbit integration or anything like that… :wink:

lol, if it did i wouldn’t be high on trust either. im pratically home bound.