Reading the .json

Apparently we really, really want him to trust us.

Perhaps we’re selling him something?

1 Like

Every time I read about this I think of that clip of the guy yelling Jason over and over in heavy rain.

1 Like

That’d be the dream. Actual communication and such :slight_smile:

You left this part out. And this is how they’d reach Level 4. Why communicate when you can meme your way to victory?!

I don’t understand the point of this thread Starmage other than to somehow call out MVPs?

Some people are genuinely confused by trust levels and how to figure it out. It’s something they should probably look to adding to our summary page. We’ve been chatting about it for days. It’s not that big a deal.

I am glad that you feel that way. As you say, its been discussed since day 1 and OP doesn’t seem to be confused about how to read the json.

But since you are an MVP if you aren’t bothered, I should not be either. :sunglasses:

People are still exploring it. I’m not sure if anyone’s posted what the ID entry means. It’s a bunch of unreadable text to me.

(Forum filter eats gobblety-g*) Interesting.

1 Like

Crepe, I am trying to bow out gracefully since apparently I was being overly sensitive! C’mon, you can give me that can’t you? :unicorn: :rainbow:

There were “private” forums before the migration. I know that there was an MVP one, for a fact. Not sure if it still exists though. Apparently there is a trust level 3 forum now though, from what I’ve heard. So I guess that may explain why there are some differences.

It doesn’t.

its not a call out of mvp’s if there were lvl 3 trust people i would have used their profile, i was simply showing the difference, ie, .json report and reading.

1 Like

/eats Crepe

Mmm…Breakfast Level 3…

Strange how even TL 2 is supposed to take 15 days and some people are at TL3. LOL haha har har

I think people make things more confusing than needed. I sort of feel that this thread contributed to more confusion.

People should ignore the “id”:number as it is just some sort of internal id that really doesn’t pertain to us. The part that really only pertains to us is the trust levels.

The levels go from 0 to 4. The regular player starts at 0 and can work their way up to 3, MVPs are granted level 3 without having to go through the process. And Blizzard staff, aka the Blue posts, are level 4 that players cannot reach.

I’ve already read the .json, not interested. I need to find out how to read the .frdykrgr files.

I understood your post.

I just think the requirements are ridiculous and the time-gating even more so. I posted on WoW forums for 14 years without the slightest problem. My “likes” were not rationed; my ability to post a one word response was not removed; I formerly could post links without having to re-format them and so far as I know, there were no required activities in order to maintain forum access other than having active sub time.

2 Likes

Essentially this. MVPs, especially the TS and CS MVPs, kind of needed the highest trust level so they could perform their roles properly. Believe me, being stuck at TL1 has made providing tech support a nightmare, to say the least, since the TS/CS fora appear to have further restrictions on links than the rest of the fora.

This whole system feels like a convoluted juvenile mess. And why isn’t our trust level just clearly displayed on our activity/profile page? It’s like stumbling around in the dark trying to figure out where your “forum progression” is.

1 Like

The “id” is the group id.
The information for each group is:

• id : number
  • automatic : boolean (set to true)
  • name : “trust_level_X”
  • display_name : “trust_level_X”
  • user_count : number
  • mentionable_level : number
  • visibility_level : number
  • automatic_membership_email_domains : ? (set to null)
  • automatic_membership_retroactive : boolean (set to false)
  • primary_group : boolean (set to false)
  • title : string (set to null)
  • grant_trust_level : number (set to null)
  • flair_url : ? (set to null)
  • flair_bg_color : null
  • flair_color : null
  • bio_cook : null
  • public_admission : boolean (set to false)
  • public_exit : boolean (set to false)
  • allow_membership_requests : false
  • full_name : null
  • default_notification_level : 3
  • membership_request_template : null

So the “id” being talked about is the group id number for the group of settings. This allows them to have different settings for users of the same trust_level if they so desire it to be. However, they did not do that so most of the information that pertains to us really doesn’t matter not to mention that most of it doesn’t even appeared to be used.