Re-subbed 3 weeks ago, only had 2 bg wins since. Why?

I feel like I need to rant about Alliance BG’s. Yes. Another Alliance BG post.

I re-subbed to this game about 3 weeks ago after a super long break. I currently have an average item level of about 450 depending on what spec I run.

I enjoy PVP but I haven’t enjoyed it since I’ve returned.

I have only been able to complete 2 daily BG win’s since I’ve re-subbed and that’s it. I’m currently on a 35 loss streak and counting. Doesn’t matter if I join up for Epic BG’s or Regular BG’s. I’m on a 35 loss streak and it really sucks.

It honestly feels like Alliance have a 5% win rate legitimately.

I believe I do well in BG’s, I always seek out objectives. I try to cap flags, I cap bases, I hold orbs. I have high damage as Unholy (Average 7 - 9mil per BG) and I try lead the team in positive ways and ask people to help hold nodes. It became relevant tonight that people simply just don’t care or have a sheep like mentality where they follow each other completely avoiding objectives and expecting other people to win the game. The issue is when you get so many people who think the same way “Oh they’ll do the objectives while I fight on the roads…” which leads to failure every single game.

There’s been games where multiple team mates have less then 100k hp that just get steam-rolled by the opposite team. You can’t really do much about that but I’ve seen those same players contribute to the objectives WAY more than geared players.

I just don’t get it. I don’t get how I’ve lost so many times in a row. People have said “Well it’s just you, you are bad”. How? When I actively go out and try to win? Lead? Cap nodes? I just finished Temple of Kotmogu with 8 Orb captures and still lost the BG.

I’ve read the statistics are 45/50 win rate. This simply isn’t true as Alliance.

Are queues way faster as Alliance because we lose almost every BG? Is that why Horde BG queues are 5 - 10 mins?

I’ve gotten all of my conquest points only from doing the WQ assaults and that’s it. It seems impossible to win a BG as Alliance right now. I’ve done Wintergrasp around 7 times now in the last 2 weeks and every single time Alliance has been on Attack and our Vehicles get destroyed within seconds because of Azerite abilities.

I’m pretty upset right now because I love winning and I haven’t been in a single winning BG for weeks now.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/pvp/battlegrounds/22 There’s a more suited location for this topic.

1 Like

I win about equally on my Alliance toons as I do my Horde ones. And some BGs, seething shore for example, I almost always win on Alliance

1 Like

Yeah this thread should probably be moved, definitely belongs in the battlegrounds forum.

Same here. I’m thinking it might depend on battlegroup and the time of day you play.

When I was unemployed a few years back, if I did BGs in the morning on Alliance it was mostly wins. By the late afternoon, it flipped to Horde through the night. This is part of why I play both factions almost equally, because I got into the routine of spending half the day Alliance, half the day Horde.

It also doesn’t help BGs like AV and Isle were separated from normal queues. Those were usually good for an Alliance win when on a losing streak. Plus, they got rid of Strands, which Alliance was pretty damn good at (I got Master in that BG before it was removed).

Sigh. I miss how BGs used to work…

5 Likes

450 is actually considered low for BG play.
It’s stupid, but with the ease of access of higher ilevel gear from M+ and Heroic, it’s caused a bit of a flopside. There’s more people doing that sort of content on Horde, so they’ve gotten a spike in win ratio.
PvP vendors are returning in Shadowlands, so this should hopefully be less of an issue.

The overall win ratio ins regular randoms is still closer to 50/50 than most people realize, but there is a bias in epics - but it’s still possible to overcome it.
Sadly, at 450, there’s not much you can do to sway the match in your favor. Even casual players that have been playing throughout the patch are at 470ish with corruptions.

If you’re interested in fixing your ratio, I’d highly suggest doing some more M+ - push up to 10+'s - and try to pug some raids.
I’d also ask around for some premade groups.

There’s this weird issue with Alliance players claiming they lose every game, and then they don’t even try. I fixed a lot of my issues by just running with friends.

2 Likes

@Shirt - I appreciate your comment but I think you may have missed the part where I said I do well in BG’s. I always have most caps, damage & defends. Even at 450 ilvl. Having a higher gear score doesn’t mean having more braincells. I’ve seen plenty of geared players with 600k hp still completely avoid objectives.

I understand I need more gear though and I’ve been working on some Mythics recently for better gear. I found out tonight I can get a BiS 2h Sword so I’ll be grinding to get that. I perform very well even at 450. Which means I will most likely excel at higher gear levels.

1 Like

Youre 1 of like 6 people on alliance who do. Being fc as horde is pretty free.

There’s a culture in alliance BGs of “lose faster” because honor/effort is more important than the win.

I haven’t won a non-premade BG since like wrath.

1 Like

Timing matters. There are hours that Alliance wins a lot and others, Horde.

Healing also matters.

Healing is indeed incredibly important, I won my last AV and we managed to summon Ivus, 75%of the raid went up with him farming kills and the others were split between holding mines and defending DB.

Several Horde were pushing DB hard and three of us had to hold the bridge against 5 or so while the rest fought over bunkers. A single priest was good enough to keep me and herself alive for an extremely long amount of time, long enough for our team to come back and wipe them.

Alliance win AV about 50% of the time on my server.

1 Like

You and your friends just have to grind PVE mythic plus, get up to at least 480 ilevel and then you can be competitive in PVP battlegrounds.

That’s a you thing, for sure. I don’t have this issue.

1 Like

I miss AV premades so much, I spent so many hours in the past running them.

The grass is always greener on the other side… but I am inclined to agree with you since I play alliance and always feel like we’re getting steamrolled.

Agreed with this. I play both factions also and notice that Alliance has a completely different win rate in off-peak gaming hours. Being best at around early morning.

I am assuming this also in part because morning in the US is peak time for Oceania were the majority of more hardcore Alliance players are.

1 Like

op must be the most unlucky player going, I win at least 45% + of the all bgs combined, and have a 55% win in AV and a 64% win average in IoC

2 Likes

It started with horde racials. Blizzard buffed them into GOD MODE status, so many many many people went over who min max for racials. Then others started hopping over because their friends were jumping and they were lonely, as wellas streamer fans and fans of the world first groups like METHOD and BIG DUMB GUILD, all their supporters jumping ship to the horde. They then nerfed some bit, but people got comfortable on horde side and didn’t wanna pay $15 to go back so here we are.

Horde has by far the more competitive playerbase in WoW. It has way more PvP Participation, way more Raid Participation, and they do better in both than Alliance, because players there actually care about it. Which is why Alliance is getting worse and worse over time, because people are picking up on this and moving sides to continue to play the content they enjoy.

There’s no way in hell Alliance has a 5% winrate in BGs. Frankly I suspect you’re exaggerating your loss streak to make a point. But regardless, yes, Horde is better.