Re-subbed 3 weeks ago, only had 2 bg wins since. Why?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/proudmoore/zerotwø/pvp

All I queue are epics. I made this fresh account and grinded to honor lvl 100 in a span of 8 months. Over 1k Epic BGs, decide for yourself. Ashran is not tracked but I kept up. 277 done, 38 wins.

1 Like

I win way around 50% of the BGs I go into…

I have about a 60% winrate in all BGs except silver shard which is at 47%.
I don’t think Alliance is the problem :slight_smile:

here’s the issue. there isn’t really anything the game itself can do about this. the best you can do is communicate objectives, target healers or run interference. if you can distract 2 or more enemy players from playing the objective you free your team up to having an advantage.

battlegroups haven’t been a thing for almost probably 8 years or so.

Make multiple alts and just afk out if the team is bad and hop on an alt. If other people in the BG aren’t going to try no point in trying to carry them when the queues are so short.

correction
maybe the game can do something about it. just have to get rid of all the people who afk :thinking:

And there’s so many people that do AFK. I usually call them out in-game as well. People that just sit in graveyards and don’t contribute anything. Or those who just wait for others to do objectives.

I communicate thoroughly with good strategies. People just don’t listen or care. I have a strong competitive nature so I know what goes into trying to win.

Sadly I’m still seeing people in this post implying “You’re the problem…” when I’m literally doing more as a 450ilvl than most of my team does in every game. Even super geared people.

Honestly if the only reason you play this game is for the PvP content, do yourself a favor and unsub.

Thank you for your considerate comment, Shilindria. No. PVP isn’t the only reason why I play this game. I said I enjoy PVP. Not the only reason why I play WoW. I’m just having a hard time winning a BG at the moment.

Cool. I’ve played for 14 years. Thanks for poking your head out of Blizz’s rear when they didn’t need it tho.

2 Likes

What they should try, if only for the “lulz”, randomize the teams completely with alliance and horde players(as close to 50/50 as possible). Visually change the races and block inspection. No need to do anything about people chatting because nobody reads the chat anyway.

Cool story. I’m not sure what you playing for 14 years has anything to do with you not knowing that battlegroups not being a thing for around 8 years though.

:+1:

One thing to look for is the opposite team having 5 or so members who are just maxxed out. There are lots of premade groups of geared players who sign up for random BGs and dominate (because of their gear)! People do this to minimize their chance of getting lots of undergeared folks (like 400k hp or less) in their group.

from the title i knew you were alliance hahahahaHAHAHAHAHhahah

From my original post:

Okay but you also claimed battlegroups were still a thing, which they aren’t. So I’m still confused as to why how long you’ve been playing matters.

Oh, well.

Have a good 4th.

Sweetie at 450 you might as well be a free HK.

Most likely it’s mercenary mode at work. The side with longer queues can choose to merc and queue as the opposite side. A lot of Horde queue as Horde when they want to win and queue as Alliance when they just want to blow off steam, such as by fighting on roads. This also explains why the least well geared players tend to be the ones who play objectives best - because they are actual Alliance players.

Based on my limited experience, Alliance does reasonably well in Isle of Conquest. Maybe fighting on roads works there, or something.

Actually, I didn’t. I said I was thinking it might depend on the battlegroup and time of day, then went into a story about “a few years back,” the break up of BG types, how I came to play both factions, and Strands of the Ancient. Implying I don’t PvP because of the changes, describing part of what I liked. I ended with I prefer the old way.

I was thinking that because it’s been so long that I seriously PvP’d (outside of Korrak’s).

1 Like