RE: Mythic Raiding Needs To Change

Not exactly. You get season 4, an incomplete/underdeveloped launch patch of TWW, or you get delays and a content drought.

1 Like

I doubt they can’t come up with 2 or 3 extra bosses over the course of the whole expansion.

kinda confused as to where you get this conclusion from lol. lfr is great to get brand new chars gear and normal is great for guilds entering into the new tier. heroic is were most guilds and players draw their finish line at and mythic is when you want to go above and beyond. to say normal is useless is like saying anything below a 16 is worthless and everyone should just start there.

I certainly am not make hpriest easier so I can look cute and get free carry from the hunks again

I made this because it was supposed to be the easiest spec in the game for m+ now it is way harder, undo that

Bad wording on my part, I meant it more as lfr and normal being basically the same gameplay wise i just don’t see the point in it. May as well just crunch those together.

As for gearing mythic+ literally offers better rewards in terms of ilvl/stats over lfr right out the gate and likely quicker to gear in my opinion.

These can be combined. FFXIV’s normal raids can be accessed through random queue and are more mechanically difficult than WoW normal raids.

Lol I remember when people were bringing Oondasta down the cliff so graveyard rushing was effective.

2 Likes

They really aren’t though.

Also key differences are FF14 has infinite Brezes so you can keep picking people up so they can learn the fight, and Squeenix actually moderates their game so people aren’t toxic to learners.

Throwing LFers into normal would be a disaster without several changes.

1 Like

I always founded this the funniest thing.

XIV’s normal difficulty content can be accessed via random finder, and still be designed that you have to learn and know what you are doing because failing to pay attention to obvious telegraphs and mechanics can still wipe the group.

Meanwhile, LFR has had to over the years sand off every bit of challenge it had because random groups wouldn’t know how to breathe if their bodies didn’t force it upon them.

Personally I feel that’s a major fail on Blizzard for believing their own player base is dumb.

I have yet to try Mythic raiding or key pushing, why? Because those are beyond the difficulty of what I’m willing to do currently. If I want to challenge myself and push myself further into being a player who can do those things, I will. The fact that I currently don’t doesn’t mean they should be removed. I would like this season’s Gladiator mount, but I’m not that great at arena, I do not complain about it being out of my reach and request it to be easier to obtain (not sure you can really ask for arena to be made easier, what are they gonna do? Nerf everyone but me?), although I do find it a bit frustrating that you can only get the mount in 3s. But if I want a chance at that mount, I have to step up to the challenge and do 3s until I meet the requirements to have the mount. Having things be a challenge is intentional, there are plenty of people who want a challenge and the threshold for what someone considers a challenge is different for everyone.

1 Like

they cant be combined becasue they do two different things. one is a qued system that is free while the other is for gearing into a brand new tier with groups. one is also noticeably different in difficulty than the other.

This is, my view, the beauty of all the difficulty levels present within the modern game. You are able to approach content at the pace, and difficulty you want, and the higher you go the more you are rewarded. But you’re not degraded in anyway from participating at a lower level and you’re frequently rewarded with gear that will help you succeed in those higher difficulty environments.

2 Likes

like isadi in a different post they do completly different things. lfr is dumbed down to the point that its amost silly to fail it while normal is quite a bit more difficult. and yes while m+ does have alot of gearing options the one thing they dont have at the start of the raid is tier.

1 Like

It was a nice write up

Overall one thing for sure is that a strict 20 man mythic is fun for the RWF, however it is devastating to the more regular CE raiding teams.

I personally think a smaller flex system could benefit greatly, say 18-24 man - this to reduce to amount of tuning needed to accomodate extreme changes in raid sizes, but while allowing raid guilds to flex some members without crumbling; someone gets hit by a car and is in the hospital? First of, get better choom, second; we can still raid cause we have some flexibility in roster. Plus the floor is enough to still maintain all raid buffs, which are counted in the tuning.

Alternative is to not raid at all.

I have a lot of thoughts about the rest of the write up but, for now I just wanted to share that one idea about team size.

They can definitely be combined, and they used to be combined back in Dragon Soul and most of MoP. The original LFR was at current Normal raid level of difficulty and some bosses I think were even harder than anything in current normal (LFR Durumu, Nazgrim pre-nerf, etc.).

When Blizzard went to 4 raid difficulties in WoD, they didn’t add mythic on top of heroic, they added LFR below the current LFR at the time and changed the name of the other 3 difficulties.

No, when blizzard went to 4 difficulties in Siege of Orgrimmar, they added flex between normal and LFR.

In Warlords, they just re-named them, added flex tech to new heroic and LFR, and made mythic fixed 20.

2 Likes

FF14 normal raids can also be carried by 2 tanks in most cases. You have one off examples where its harder sure is like p7s due to 3 soaks but again, you can just have 2 tanks and a healer solo it while healer number 2 and all 4 dps are dead. Or both tanks just invuln it.

Part of what you’re saying is that those raids in FF still have a fail condition, despite having a queue.

In WoW, the devs learned in cataclysm that fail conditions on queue content are categorically not allowed.

1 Like

I mean, you can’t objectively say that MoP LFR and WoD LFR were the same difficulty. You could actively try to wipe the group in WoD LFR and you still couldn’t die.

WoD LFR was a response to the player reaction to MoP LFR.

The rest of the stack stayed put, and mythic got a bit harder. If LFR moved down, it’s because that’s what they thought LFR heros wanted.