RDF What is the downside to You Personally

And there is an example of the problem. Gaslighting and player shaming.

You just proved my point about the community.

If you can’t make a group, you can’t do the dungeon. It’s simple, it’s designed, and that’s how it should be.

And you double down on the player shaming and follow it up with more.

Great community you have here!

Or maybe not having RDF does not in fact create community.

If you can’t make a group, and want a single player experience, you have to face the consequences of that. Nobody is forcing you to play a certain way. If you can’t hack it, you can’t. Do what it takes to form a group, which is what the game is designed as.

It’s good that that it’s never been the claim that not having RDF creates anything. Having RDF does take away. Reading comprehension.

Having RDF takes away nothing. I challenge you to name one thing having RDF takes away.

The world. The game represents a virtual world. Turning it into a lobby game takes away its core essence. Which is precisely what happened last time.

Actually that is precisely the claim being made, that not having RDF creates some kind of community, that RDF would take away.

And 3 years of classic with no RDF has proven that patently false.

Nice try. The world isn’t dead because of RDF. The world is dead because the population is spread across multiple continents and each new expansion adds a new continent further spreading the population. Go to the old world right now. Its dead. And it has nothing to do with RDF. They’re all in Northrend.

The world died the day it was first introduced. If you were alive then, you’d be aware of this. As well as it being consensus until the current wave of children who have only ever experienced matchmaking came here.

Weird I wasn’t aware that the open world went away when RDF was added.

But yet, you claim there is a community.

If so, then why is this going to destroy it? I mean if this community is so great, why does it seems like the whole thing is only supported by LFG?

If LFG is the sole pillar of your community and having RDF will destroy it, then that is the very problem. You don’t really have a community, if you did then LFG would be but a small part and RDF would have little to no impact on it.

And once again if you chose not to go into the open world after RDF was added that’s a you problem not a game problem.

I spent plenty of time in the open world when RDF was in game, why because the things that actually matter in the open world didn’t go away.

Lol, Actually hilarious of you. I was not only alive I was playing. It didn’t die. I know you think it did because thats what you read on the forums. The old world is in fact dead right now, without RDF. Because as I said the world being dead has nothing to do with RDF and everything to do with a spread out player base.

In fact, after RDF was added I saw more people in the open world because they could queue up and go do things rather than having to stand still spamming in the LFG channel.

The only thing I could call a downside is you have less of a chance to make friends with RDF.

Are dungeons social? 95% of the time no

Do I get to where I am with friend circles and guilds on different servers consistently because of dungeon exclusively? Yes

Could I just make friends joining a random guild advertising? Also yes

can’t say it’s a downside since it’s a problem for me personally rather than everyone as a whole

If anything RDF made the old world more populated because being able to mix dungeons in more easily made both leveling alts more appealing and people spent more time out in the world instead of traveling to dungeons when they were.

Highly disagree. I met many people in RDF during Wrath and early Cata and I still speak to those same people today, 12 years later.

1 Like

Yeah you can still match with your server for random queued up content and make some connections, but it does create that atmosphere of oh well they are from x server so cya.

Still happens just less often, connections that is.

Funny this topic isnt about wrath but rdf as a whole