RDF wasn't "at the end of Wrath"

Oh I read them. Just because you didn’t directly say it, doesn’t mean you aren’t implying it over and over.
Either way, subs went down for 10 years after Cataclysm.

China?

Doubt.

China was always one of the top subscriber bases. I’m sure some people just vpned out and played on other versions, but a lot likely stopped playing during that time, definitely wouldn’t have been a lot of growth from china.

I dont believe it would reflect on the graph, because if that graph didnt already reflect china numbers, or discount them because they are tracked elsewhere, then its even WORSE of a message, and Wrath was hemorrhaging players to the point where not even china made a noticeable increase.

I mean, the game was constantly hemorrhaging players, from day one, it just had more coming in til wrath when they leveled out.

People left because of content drought and Dragon soul.
Cataclysm was peaking with WotLK too.

Which…is exactly what I have said many times. The game reached a peak there, not that wrath was the pinnacle of game design, but because it was the turning point at which point the designs and practices and metrics demanded by Activision, lead to Outgoing players being > Incoming players.

Well, outgoing = incoming, but we don’t know the real reason, and we may never.

Estimates based off overall accounts created in mop show by the time wow hit 12 million it had probably lost 50-60 million.

Wow, thats new to me, and is a crazy stat.

100 million accounts around mop, so by mops what… 8 million? They had lost 92 million. ish, obviously its’ accounts created so you have things like free trials, bots, and multi-account holders.

But you are saying it like rdf is why sub counts declined. Not saying it like it just happened to come earlier on wows life cycle.

No. People came back for ICC.

i want to experience wrath without lfd for the first few months then hope the add it soonish

Gatekeepers gonna gatekeep.

If a part of the community thinks it’s okay to wait an hour for a dungeon then please remove me from that part of the community.

The fact is that we aren’t playing early-patch wotlk. We’re playing late-patch wotlk, regardless of which content we play it in, with all the class tuning that went with later-patch wotlk. That’s at least as good an argument for RDF to be included as, “it wasn’t there at the start” is to have it omitted. Tbh neither should have any bearing on it, but there you go. At the end of the day, it will make content more accessible for more people than it will ruin it for some fraction of others.

1 Like

These are the same people that were demanding full T3 for normal Ramparts at TBC launch. :rofl:

1 Like

Looking for 3 frost mages for spell cleave heroic spam,pst!!

Obviously amazing for the community

The first patch of Cata also occurs after the introduction of Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds were introduced in 2005 and Cata released in 2010. I’m glad we’ve established that subs began to decline after battlegrounds.

1 Like

Subs actually started to decline after haircuts it is just very detrimental to the community and a pay to win element

2 Likes