RDF Was Good For The Community

15000+ peeps on my server i was told… I have spoken to and played with the 30ish in my guild and about 5 other randoms

1 Like

It’s a secondary server chat room that actually retains history of posts. It’s specifically for my server.

And yes I only gave 1 example because calling people out on the forums is technically agaist the rules. You asked for an example, I gave it. I’m not going to go calling out the hundred of names on that list.

I didn’t ask for one, however the argument of destroying communities falls flat fast when whatever community this game had in classic is now outsourced to discord.

I wouldn’t expect you too. My point is that people acting badly is almost always in raids or town scams. The only thing you can steal from someone in a 5 m an LFD is time and a need roll.

Heck, the trade-chat trolls and guys who kill the hellfire flippers are part of the community. Ostracizing and holding them accountable has had no noticeable impact. Bad people are going to be bad people no matter what.

Some people will always be bad. Some people will only be bad if they see no foreseeable consequences for their actions. Cross realm causes that second group of people to be bad.

It really doesn’t.

2 Likes

If that’s your view you are very narrow minded. In fact, you must be agaist all addons as well because they didn’t come from wow…

Let’s go there. What are they going to do? Kick you? Get you killed? What’s the worst that happens? You lose time.

So you are saying the potential of consequences doesn’t stop people from doing bad things? You realize how stupid that train of thought is…

Yes there are bad people who don’t care about consequences. There are also bad people who act good out of ‘fear’ of consequences.

nice assumption, addons aren’t the same as advocating for a WoW community that doesn’t exist in game but instead on discord. I’m glad you have a good discord community, stop acting like its the same as an in game one.

Farming gold is a time investment. Having someone steal your gold can be equated to having stolen your time because now the gold they took from you means the time you spent farming it was worthless.

The discord community is an extention of the in game community. I’m don’t believe 100% of the people who play on my server are in the discord server, but it’s a good percentage.

theres no accountablity on mega servers, you will not see the same person twice in a day if you run a heroic. let alone the same guild.

this is the first time I’ve seen someone call getting kicked from LFD a gold theft situation, but ok. How much gold am I getting in a typical 5-man? 50? 100?

You are saying that if I join a Queue, and in the unlikely event I get booted for lolz, that’s tantamount to gold theft? That’s quite a stretch.

1 Like

I’m saying having gold stolen is equitable to having your time “stolen”. Time is the ultimate resource. Gold is used to save time in other areas of the game. Every aspect of the game boils down to a time investment (for those properly playing).

Let’s say I’m trying to get a group in chat, and I get a full group after 30 minutes. A DPS and Healer bail for unknown reasons 5 minutes in and the group falls apart. According to what you said they stole my time and gold?

I encounter the same guilds regularly and I am on a mega server. I’ve run into people multiple times before as well. Heck, back at tbcc launch I leveled through dungeons mostly for my main. Met a pally tank when doing so that thought hunters were not viable as a CC class. I had proved him wrong and we did some dungeons together. I just met him again with the sunwell dungeon launch for mgt. We did 3 dungeons together because he is farming rep for the shield. It’s true that seeing the same person again is more rare on a mega server but it definatly happens still.

No, they wasted your time. Stolen involves malicious intent.

I’ve never run into a full on kick group in LFD. How common are these malicious time/gold thieves?

And to be honest even if I did get kicked I would just Q again. I’d much rather spend my time in a Q hitting dailies and chatting it up with potential raiders than trying to make sure my LFM message stays on the chat screen.

1 Like

So it’s okay for PvP…but not for PvE?
lmao what?

Hypocrisy at its finest/