RDF Was Good For The Community

Random dungeon finder forces groups to be flexible with strategy and work with people outside of their regular circles. By removing RDF Blizz is limiting groups to continue the cycles of only inviting those already geared that fulfill every checkmark in the meta checklist. Over time these cookie cutter runs become not only boring, but damaging to the community and overall enjoyment of the content. With RDF players are still able to setup their own groups if they absolutely want to, but why limit the rest of the player base to such simple and unfulfilling gameplay? Allow players to get the challenge that random players tossed into their party brings. By tossing 5 random people together you are not only improving the flexibility of each class, you are also allowing people to make friends they may have never even met via the old system. Stop trying to limit the community to sell level 70 boosts. Do not remove RDF. Do not limit player interactions.

34 Likes

The cross realm nature hurts the community because there is no accountability. And makes it so if you find someone that you want to play with again, chances are you can’t because they are on another realm.

8 Likes

Yea i completely disagree for me RDF is where the game went wrong and became retail … if u cant be bothered to get pre dungeon bis at the very least then it makes sense that randoma dont invite u … thats why u find a guild, u make friends and actuslly get involved with the community and build a network of players who u like to play with and like to play with you

8 Likes

This thread is kinda nonsense. Most players are not trying to optimize their group to run dungeons. Get a tank, get a healer fill in the DPS and go.

Only the minority are trying to be meta tryhards and it is easy to not group with those retailers.

4 Likes

And even then the “meta” for wotlk is basically any class. Because everyone gets decent aoe, CC, interrupts, exc and heroics as easy as hell to begin with.

5 Likes

LFD was terrible for the community. Let’s please stop with the revisionist takes.

Destroying social functions in MMORPGs for the sake of convenience is retail’s thing. We are keeping that stuff out of Classic

9 Likes

Eliminating spammy nonsense from chat channels isn’t “destroying social functions”.

11 Likes

We should get the old version of Wintergrasp where players had to manually group up and spend half of the Wintergrasp trying to consolidate the 8 groups that were created.

Love me some good ol fashioned social content.

When they made the groups auto form, that was when wotlk became Retail

3 Likes

The community doesn’t exist outside of guilds and discords, but I do agree that LFD is good for the game.

2 Likes

LFD turns the game into a lobby queue game similar to an FPS or moba. You just wait in the queue for your game to pop.

It destroys all social functions in the community. If you say otherwise, well then you haven’t paid close enough attention to how LFD killed the community the first time around.

5 Likes

Removing the care if you are a jerk in said group because it’s cross realm definatly is.

On top of that if you do find someone you like playing with and want to keep playing with them in rdf, there’s a good chance you can’t because he is not on your realm.

4 Likes

This shows you are chosing to not be part if the community. I’m active on my realms community and built a reputation for myself that has people asking me to save their groups when they go bad (need to replace a bad dps or need a CC or kiting, exc).

4 Likes

pressing X to doubt

7 Likes

Pure BS! The community wasn’t effected in the least. If you were a known malcontent the people who organized the RAIDS wouldn’t want to play with you. Nobody cared about 5 mans, you just wanted the daily done asap.

3 Likes

OP is trolling right ? the guy plays on whitemane and his guild raid team is the literal definition of meta comp. what are you on about over here with your ‘cookie cutter runs’. what a hypocrite post to push the same nonsense arguments.

1 Like

I can’t wait for Cata Classic when I get to read all the threads about how great LFR actually was, and how it isn’t a huge cancer on the community.

3 Likes

Pressing the biggest X for doubt I can find.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Raids=dungeons??

Dungeons aren’t endgame

1 Like

he’s talking about comp of group, its the same thing. don’t be oblivious

oook ? where did i mention that exactly?

1 Like

He said using any 5 people without organizing a specific comp.

Ofc you organize it for raids…

Wall to wall pulling heroics and normal 5 mans not so much…