RDF - To the Devs, Lead Design, and the "but muh social experience crowd"

It’s the elitist, tryhard neckbeards that ruin everything for everyone else. All they do is whine and complain like little toddlers until they get their way because they are convinced that they are the most important players in the game.

In reality, no one cares that they log 23.5 hours a day. They are so starved for social interaction that they think the answer to their real world social problems is to remove a tool that helped WAY MORE than it hindered because they think it will help them be more social. Well maybe if they got up from their chairs every so often and actually got outside, they wouldn’t be so socially starved. I’m convinced of this.

RDF does not hinder social experiences, and anyone who thinks so obviously lacks any form of actual brain power and critical thinking skills.

In reality, RDF helps SO MANY people (who tend to be casuals like me) get to actually experience the game that the devs have made. Not everyone has 23.5 hours to play a video game. I was looking forward to doing dungeons in Wrath through the RDF (because of how much time it saves), but when I found out they were removing it I got upset. I got upset because I do not want to soend the little amount of time that I have to play every day sitting in LFD, waiting for a healer or tank to HOPEFULLY pop up sometime soon. So, I will not be touching any PVE content because of it. (Obviously this diesnt apply to raids. I already knew that I just wouldn’t be able to partake in those).

It’s very similar to what the Raid Finder tool did for me in retail… it allowed me to actually see the raids that the devs spent so long making, and it allowed me to appreciate the work they did. I had time to queue in the Raid Finder tool, but not the time to sit around and wait for an entire group to be formed, just for people to leave right when we filled, so then we had to sit and find more, just for more people to leave right when we filled, just to repeat the process like 5 times before FINALLY everyone decided to stay.

It just annoys me greatly that as a casual player I literally just have to deal with not seeing an entire part of the game that I PAY FOR MONTHLY all because of a bunch of tryhard, sweaty neckbeards that have probably melded to their chairs by now, throwing tantrums like toddlers.

As if they couldn’t have continued to play the game in the way that they want to, regardless of the inclusion of RDF.

I hope you all can feel the frustration and malice in my post.

I just can’t stand it when the whiniest group of people get catered to in any situation, simply because they were the whiniest.

3 Likes