RDF threads =

Proof that Blizzard is not caring.

I admit it’s excessive seeing a lot of posts on the topic. Who cares?

Keep driving us back to retail. Keep being the fun police. Keep neglecting your servers. Keep staying disconnected from what a lot of what your players want. Keep policing freedom of speech. Stay woke and focus on paintings vs purging bots.

RDF decision was based on vanilla data where it didn’t belong. Not wrath where it was actually part of the game.

50 Likes

You wanna know a great way to get a forum vacation? Making threads like this.

5 Likes

They know its popular, but their dictator in chief Brian “Big Brain” Birmingham probably told them all that this is the hill he wants to die on for whatever godawful reason.

31 Likes

Blizzard. Also it is not ok to post about forum moderation. When someone intentionally bumps tons of threads to spam the forums and flood them, then does not listen to the warnings from the Blues, this is what happens. The person spamming went to the CS forum to complain about being reported for spamming. That ended as expected.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/making-posts-to-encourage-other-people-to-report-posts-that-they-don’t-like/1410801/19

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/you-told-me-to-report-this-and-now-i-can’t/1411248/38

Do not be shocked if this gets locked.

P.S. You don’t have freedom of speech on private property. Freedom of speech means the Govt can’t arrest you for speaking out against the Govt or leaders. Not that anyone else can’t set rules and regulate their private property.

12 Likes

talking about hills to die on…

1 Like

It’s someone spam necroing the threads.

It isn’t the topic itself it is someone going around creating spam for the sake of spam. RDF just happened to be the topic.

5 Likes

The threads were locked because one person was continually bumping old ones to the top just to troll.

Blizz isn’t trying to silence you, just make a new thread for RDF. This however is most likely going to get locked too because its discussion about moderation which is against the CoC.

4 Likes

Dude… give it a rest already. It’s not gonna happen, and life has been more than fine without RDF. Sheesh…

4 Likes

How do I know it’s the same person spamming? From my peon / peasant perspective it’s just filtering topics that go against freedom of speech.

I’m not a moderator, nor is it public knowledge of why they were locked. Me stating an example observation with an opinion is justified. (I hope)

1 Like

No such thing as freedom of speech when dealing with corporations.

3 Likes

One could assume that. But how am I supposed to know.

Every one of the locked threads was necro’d by the same user posting on two characters. There are still hundreds of threads older than those that were not locked.

It doesn’t matter if you know because you aren’t the forum moderator. They make the call and you can clearly see what they did and why.

2 Likes

It more about the right to protest but I think you kind of get how freedom of speech works.

Yes blizzard can be toxic on the forums if they want by removing any thread you put up that the person with power doesn’t like reading.

I gave you the Blue posts from the person who locked it. I gave you the quotes from Blizzard who can see the accounts. Click the links and read them in Blue.

It is completely public knowledge about what happened to those threads today.

1 Like

There. Is. No. Right. with corporations. If you want to exercise your rights, go holler it in the streets.

3 Likes

Wrong.

You can protest in the streets over or about any corporation.

I agreed with you about the forums maybe you need to learn to read a little bit

Streets != These forums

Actually you do.

Actually you don’t, because trespassing is a thing.

You have no right to stick a political sign in my yard.

1 Like

No, really you don’t. You agree to the rules on private property and either follow them or be asked to leave.

That applies to any private property. You can say what you want of course, and certainly won’t be put in jail. But they can, and will, remove the person and the speech if rules are broken.

Being removed from private property, or having someone’s texts/videos/speech removed, is not a violation of “free speech”.

When the Govt arrests someone for it, then it is most certainly a violation.

4 Likes