Continuous Necroing of WotLK forums

Just report the threads as spam. Blizzard will take care of the rest.

3 Likes

Yeah the guy has doubled down and is spamming them non stop now. Can’t even mute the threads before they necro 5 more.

3 Likes

Most of them were just mass locked. It seems they’ve had enough.

Thank you for locking the threads now we can begin to have actual discussion in the forum again. :+1:

Just a note, no one here did anything to lock any threads. The Blues here ONLY moderate this forum. What happened was that the regular forum mods finally got the reports and started to action them. Just an FYI that posting here will NOT get assistance for other forums.

5 Likes

Just to be fair, it seems that they do have a Panda helper over there.

6 Likes

Oh shoot… Well it isn’t like I’ve never been wrong before. At least I didn’t have to eat my hat though… Poor Aik… Poor, poor Aik…

3 Likes

I know with as bogged down as Support seems to be on all fronts, it seems to be that we can’t be sure when a Panda crops up in other forums or Local Centaur starts answering forum tickets. But yes. Normally, it is a specific set of moderators who handle X forums. This seems to be one of those out-of-the-ordinary circumstances.

3 Likes

I think you are right, the person was necroing threads at an insane rate and probably triggered some form of automated response.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/you-told-me-to-report-this-and-now-i-can%E2%80%99t/1411248/38

1 Like

Oh - we CAN moderate other forums, we just usually don’t.

It’s usually not a good idea to try to ganer attention in such a manner, usually doesn’t work out well.

15 Likes

It wasn’t automated… I was actually wrong on this one and our intrepid Panda seems to have made a visit to the other forum to take care of it. The only automated response on the forum would be a post being hidden, that happens when it meets a certain reporting threshold, it is then reviewed by a mod to see if it deserves action or if it should be un-hidden. Any locks or forum account actions are done by a person. Also a post doesn’t have to hit a threshold to actually be actioned, it just gets hidden first if it does, but one report would be enough to have a post actioned if it is against the CoC.

2 Likes

You would think I would know by now to not say never, or don’t… lol.

2 Likes

I made myself look like an idiot giving someone the benefit of the doubt just a few days ago only for our resident Panda to show us the light. It’s one of those weeks :wink:

Hehehe, it’s all good folks.

File under ‘be careful what you wish for’ - or Eye of Sauron, whichever you prefer.

Plenty of newer threads on that topic open, and nothing was hidden, they just can’t be necro’d again.

14 Likes

BRB Photoshoping Panda avatar into the Eye of Sauron… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Eye of Orlyia has a much friendlier ring to it.

7 Likes

Sleeping Pandas can be scary when awoken…

3 Likes

Only if your hair resembles bamboo.

1 Like

And grumpy

14 Likes