RDF (LFG Tool)

Lets recap.

citation : a quotation from or reference to a book, paper, or author

To which you said…

No quotation from any outside source. Just your opinion. Citation failure.
Then you said…

Then you proceed to say, whatever it is you tried to say. I know for certain that it was not a quotation from or reference to a book, paper, or author. Just more opinion.

Lastly…

Clearly there was no citation. I’m going to guess you didn’t go to college. If you had, any professor would have dinged your paper for not citing properly.

In summary, my now-retired 80 year old english teacher has given me permission to mark your paper incomplete. You may turn it in for reduced credit with proper citations.

If you deny history and precedence, sure. Ever hear of the saying those that don’t know their history are doomed to repeat it? I find it quite fitting for this conversation.

Irrelevant. LFD is bad for the game and and antithetical to the Classic idealogy. It should not be kept in for some arbitrary commitment to 15 year old computer code.

Classic Wrath is not for you then. Honestly, I have to question what made you stick around this long anyway, since the code for TBC and even Classic Vanilla was already changed pretty substantially.

I was hoping you wouldn’t respond emotionally, but we can go over this. The removal of LFD better captures the spirit of Classic – more so than being faithful to the coding would.

I am. If the side of neutrality and objectivity feels so against your positions, maybe you should reflect on your stances?

Except were on a video game forum talking about video games, so citing a video game is more than appropriate. I know you only looked at the first definition of the word you found on google but language is more complex and nuanced than that, Dumbcake.

Classic idealogy is re-creating the game as it was. LFD in WotLK is part of that. You are pushing for WotLK to be turned into Vanilla. If you want to play Vanilla, then go to Classic Era and leave WotLK alone. WotLK is not Vanilla, and should not be turned into it.

2 Likes

Oh for sure! I guess you don’t trust Google definitions so here are some more.

:open_book: the act of citing or quoting a reference to an authority or a precedent.
:open_book: an act of quoting
:open_book: a line or short section taken from a piece of writing or a speech

I still have yet to see a citation from any source other than your own opinion. I’m just going to keep reducing credit. You are in danger of failing this course.

1 Like

Demonstrably not, considering the devs have opted to not have it be identical to orignal Wrath.

You don’t get to decide what the Classic ideology is, the devs do. It’s their game.

I am not pushing for anything, but I have to ask, do you think the only thing that seperates Wrath from Vanilla is the LFD?

Which is what I did. Glad we’ve cleared that up for you, Dumbcake.

I’m afraid no citation was given on your part. I’m just going to give you that incomplete now. It’s obvious you aren’t taking this course serious.

As penance I must post your ill-fated attempt to “troll” the arena forums. May you read it again and learn from your mistakes.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/arena-forums-town-hall-community-rhetoric-and-ethics/1233341

1 Like

Maybe you guys should stop feeding him. No offense, but it’s not difficult. Just put it on ignore and move on. If trolls can’t bait anyone, they go away.

Except it’s the community that changed, nothing to do with LFD.

Other games with LFD have far more community than wow ever had, it’s the less casual wow became vs other games that drove out the community aspect.

The game isn’t going to suddenly “find Jesus” because there isn’t any LFD, it’s just going to become less and less social regardless.

There’s also nothing “social” about the LFG tool they talk of replacing it with.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m finished dealing with him. He’ll take literally anything you say and then twist it or try to feed off of it. :woman_shrugging:

I usually do, but he’s been a bit more silly than usual. I’ve made him self own 3 days in a row now. He’s quoted much less since then.

I should stop though. It’s not like he’s suddenly going to change. I added him to ignore.

1 Like

This. The only thing that killed the WoW community was the WoW community.

2 Likes

You realize that LFD is what changed the community, correct?

Why not play those games then, if they have LFD and, according to you, much more community?

That’s not entirely true, but what we can say for certain, is that there’s nothing anti-social about the LFG tool where as the LFD tool is inherently anti-social.

Dungeon finder is a strong tool that incentivizes healers and tanks queueing rather than people scrambling to find a group.

lul no. Retail still has a tank shortage. And the reason no one wants to tank/heal isn’t “lack of incentives”, it’s “no one wants to babysit empty brain dps pugs spamming ‘GO’ or ignoring threat” which dungeon finder does nothing about.

People started doing more tanking/healing because of dual spec and the massive threat output buffs given in wrath

Even if it is, who cares? Go join a raid if you want in depth social activity. I just want to get in and get my dungeon done as fast as possible. Also with lfd you don’t have to use it, and if you do you can still group with guildies. Just seem like such silly reasons why it won’t be added.

3 Likes

RF, borrowed power systems, constant change of classes, simple talent trees ect…. Are issues plaginf retail IMO. I agree DF is great addition to wrath.

2 Likes

Like what?

If you’re a dps looking for a group, GL finding one.

When there’s 30+ dps signed up for the same group only way you’re getting in is if you have the highest ilvl or are the right class and spec the leader is looking for.

For instance a warlock may be able to do 10 groups in the time a rogue does 3-5.

Starting your own group is the way to go. And it’s a huge improvement over spamming in trade chat. Which will also have 30+ dps whispering you.

Imagine thinking ruby sanctum counted as a content patch, lol.

If it wasn’t content what was it? I never said it was high quality content. It did exist though making it content.

1 Like