RDF (LFG Tool)

Who is giving you the feedback that nobody wants this tool in game? People that misremember or have never played wrath? The ability to quest while being queued for a dungeon is amazing.

LFG Bulletin Board is a weak addon. We shouldn’t NEED addons to perform actions the default UI should handle. Enhancing frames and providing utility to existing frameworks is the point of addons, not to add functionality to YOUR game.

RAID finder was something that ruined the game (and because you made the loot the wrong ilvl for the difficulty)

Dungeon finder is a strong tool that incentivizes healers and tanks queueing rather than people scrambling to find a group.

Don’t listen to the loudest part of a mob and assume it’s what EVERYONE wants, or even the majority. LFG Tool is fine the way it is, we want it.

Stop telling me what I do and do not want. I am here telling you we want this in Wrath.

I’d take tri-spec over dual spec too. In fact if dual spec worked in dungeons and we got 4-5 templates useable in major cities i’d be on board. I need a feral dps, feral tank, resto and pvp specc at a very minimum. Hybrid classes have 30 valid specs, we have more than 2 viable specs. But that has nothing to do with LFG.

We want it. It doesn’t kill the community it strengthens it. It was the raid finder that destroyed it all.

65 Likes

same voices that told them borrowed powers were a great idea…

13 Likes

The same group of people that fought so hard for Classic in the first place. They wanted to get away from systems that destroyed the community.

9 Likes

how does making dungeons that nobody uses accessible again ruin community?

I am at a loss for how helping people to get together to do things hurts a community. Maybe people that dislike the LFD tool don’t understand simple things like human interaction?

More interaction - more community

12 Likes

:raised_hand: I’m one of them. Oh, and we’re not saying that “nobody wants it”.

I played WoW consistently from late BC to MoP and then to a lesser degree until the end of Legion where I quit Retail, possibly for good. I remember Wrath quite well, it was my absolute favorite era of WoW.

I partially agree with you. Though the problem isn’t that using the LFG chat channel is inherently bad. It’s that servers have ridiculously bloated populations as a result of layering and the spam is completely disproportionate to the number of people you actually see in your layer.

If we were playing on normal-sized servers and dungeon carries were broken (which is apparently going to happen in Wrath Classic, thank god), the LFG chat channel would be much more user-friendly and simple to use.

Also: They’re revamping the LFG tool that was originally in Wrath. It was already much better than what we have in TBC Classic now, but I’m guessing there will be some added Retail functionality in it. The tool was already good enough that it was used often back in the day, so adding even more functionality to it will make it super easy to use, depending on what they add/change.

Years of Retail have shown us that Dungeon Finder doesn’t fix or even significantly mitigate the scarcity of tanks and healers. The fact that they had to load a tank-only goodie bag with ultra rare pets, mounts, gear, materials and gold after years of Dungeon Finder only reinforces this idea.

Even if the majority do happen to want it, that doesn’t mean dungeon finder fits into good game design philosophy. Classic wasn’t meant to appease the largest number of people, it was meant to faithfully recreate the experience the game gave us in old eras. Now that we’re finally reaching the fork in the road where many people think WoW went down the path to Retail rather than where it was original heading before Activision merged with Blizzard’s parent company, the developers are bound to start making design choices that will start to pull away from WoW original course.

9 Likes

I agree it should recreate it exactly, I’m on #nochanges team now, it was in at Patch 3.3.0 and so should it be again. Dev’s pushed people away from retail due to what they thought was best for the game now’s the time for them to leave well enough alone and not mess up the recipe again.

3 Likes

I dunno where you get this idea that classic was formed to faithfully recreate the original experience. As someone that plays private servers you should know better. We want the BEST experience, not any one specific experience.

1 Like

You mean people like me that played Wrath and remember it VERY well and remember the LFD was the beginning of the end of real community?

And I am here telling you we don’t want this in Wrath.

It annihilates it. There is no real community in retail beyond your guild.

Don’t listen to you and go the direction they are already going?

I agree.

This thread is pointless then. Good talk.

4 Likes

Nothing you posted is true. Wrath continued growing until cata where it grew until it died. You think LFD did that? LFD didn’t kill WoW, sorry to burst that bubble.

14 Likes

Because that’s what they said it would be when they announced it.

They changed their minds though.

Everything I posted was 100% spot on.

Did I say it killed WoW? I said it killed community. Try and keep up.

It didn’t.

Go look at the numbers. They were going down before Cata launched.

100% provably false. Literally any search of subscriptions from original WoW will show a steady climb until WoTLK Where it stagnated/went up a little. Then after cata it dropped.

LFD didn’t kill community, it’s nonsensical to think that increasing community contact reduces community. I Honestly think you’re either a troll, misremembering or stupid.

8 Likes

The “nochanges” ship sailed once TBC Classic was being developed. That’s already off the table for now.

And once again, I have to emphasize that there WAS some point where WoW started being what we call “Retail” for most people. Where that line lies precisely is a bit vague and subjective, but most people would agree that Wrath was the beginning of the end.

Ever since Classic was first announced at BlizzCon 2018, many of us knew that they would reach a point where they would either revive the mistakes that were made that led WoW to Retail today, or that they would go down a different path and try to correct mistakes. It seems like they’re erring on the side of correcting mistakes and making a game more faithful to the original concept of WoW, which I think is probably the best business decision they could make (and more importantly to me, the best game decision they could make).

This is where I don’t totally disagree with you. If they implemented dungeon finder in the ICC phase, I wouldn’t complain about it because I could never expect them to do more than just ‘replay’ the game as it was.

However, I do hope that they never implement dungeon finder into Wrath Classic or any future Classic eras.

I’d advise you to watch the WoW Classic panel at BlizzCon 2018. That was their number one goal for Classic, and authenticity continued to be one of their primary goals for TBC Classic.

…What?

Very true. And that’s why I don’t want to see dungeon finder implemented.

I’m going to guess you’ve never played any iteration of the game where LFD actually exists, have you?

LFD encourages solo play. By nature of how the system itself functions, those people you group with cease to be real people, they might as well be AI robots. You have zero investment in them when they get auto-invited and you can kick and replace them instantly.

It’s very simple human behavior, if you are familiar with the topic whatsoever. We’ve already seen it play out so we don’t need to really consider these farcical hypotheticals like the one in your OP.

Under an LFD system, there isn’t meaningful interaction, that’s what you seem to not understand. Quality > Quantity, ever hear of this phrase, they use it a lot early on in preschool? You’d do well to study it.

they were?

can’t post outside links but our buddy posted a graphic in the post above. (looks like it went up after RDF and stayed up into Cata…

1 Like

You do realize that graph proves you wrong, right?

There was a drop in Wrath 2009 from Q1 to Q2. This is the first drop in subscribers ever in the history of the game. Do you know how to read graphs?

retail went to crap at legion, scaling, borrowed powers, war powers, major class reworks… *WOD was weak but better than anything after.

The only mistake is thinking they can improve upon it, if they know what they were doing we would not need a classic in the first place, they need to keep hands off.

Good ole Bloom helping prove lfd helped increase subs even if it was not his intention.

2 Likes

no I don’t think you can read it right, even people in the thread said it prove you wrong (kinda funny) q2 it dipped and that was before RFD after that it was steady and up till Q2 Cata…

Ummm Q4 2009 Was RDF…
December 8, 2009

1 Like

either can’t read graphs or didn’t know when Rdf patch was either way helps us.

give him the title of Hero of RDF…?

2 Likes

That’s irrelevant. The statement, which you replied to, says this:

The graph demonstrably proves that wrong, and you admit it here:

Wrath had a period of losing subs. This is yet another reading comprehension issue on your part.

1 Like