RDF is inevitable

Meh, only if they tried to to go to mega servers. With RDF I would imagine lots of players would avoid those que times and choose different servers.

2 Likes

FF14 proves you wrong

9 Likes

LFR and RDF are completely different. We had a great community during Wrath back in the day so please tell me how RDF ruined it?

9 Likes

I get it. By the middle of TBC is was really ready for RDF. If they had kept it in, I’d probably play all of Wrath. Now, there’s a decent chance I might quit once things slow down and it starts taking an hour to find a tank again.

6 Likes

They do exist. Maybe you’re unable to recognize them. Adding RDF is just adding convenience for people who don’t want to socialize. Welcome to a MMO geared around MMO players from a bygone era.

1 Like

If you’re not playing on a mega server with no rdf, have fun finding groups. During tbc classic, on a small realm it would regularly take me over an hour to put together one dungeon group.

Cross realm rdf eliminates the need for everybody to be on a mega realm unless they want a top tier raiding guild or glad arena partners. Cross realm rdf instantly solves the server queue problems.

13 Likes

So by your logic RDF removes all social activities in WoW?

Lol they think rdf makes it to where they can longer put together their own dungeon group with their friends.

5 Likes

Cross Realm RDF? Oh lol. That’ll just put the nail in the coffin on the separation from retail and classic. Why not add LFR and CRZ? People are going to complain their dead server has zero people to quest/raid with.

1 Like

You do know RDF means you’ll be queuing with anyone of the same faction from any server right?

No I won’t.

3 Likes

Adding RDF gets me back to the socializing that matters most. You can keep your /whisper spam that’s not socializing.

9 Likes

Every realm is a community by definition.

1 Like

Because those things weren’t in wotlk. But rdf was. Is it really this hard to understand.

11 Likes

No, I’m sure there are plenty of get togethers at Goldshire on some servers.

Once again LFR is different than RDF. Wrath had xrealm RDF. Nothing ruined the communties then, so please once again tell me how to run a quick dunegon ruins your server.

11 Likes

Cross-realm RDF is even more unlikley than realm-only RDF. Neither are happening (Blizzard’s own words), but the cross realm one is especially never happening in classic.

Oh please, I am waiting for the future when people start saying, “don’t queue me with Oceanic, I lag”

1 Like

RDF “socialization” is click queue button, join dungeon, don’t say a word, clear dungeon, and leave. There is no need to communicate at all or type a single character. Maybe that is the ideal Call of Duty epic lobby system but, that is entirely contrary to a Classic MMO. If you want RDF there is always retail. Go hit Wrath level, lock in your level, and queue for dungeons all day.

1 Like

It solves their queue issues the second it’s implemented. The main reason to be on a mega realm right now is you can get into groups anytime, even at 4am on a weekday.

Cross realm rdf lets people get off these servers and still be able to quickly fill their dungeon groups.

1 Like

RDF didn’t exist until the end of Wrath. Even that was a decision made under Activision to alleviate problems related to poor server management. Putting on bandaid fixes and terrible fixes led WoW to what retail is today. Conceding to everyone whining about their incapability to do quests, dungeons, raids, etc has made WoW hollow on retail.