RDF For the Win!

They don’t though. If they did they would be cool with no RDF til ICC in a year. This is fake news.

This is precisely why the current Dev team at Trans-Blizzard won’t do it: a permanent set of WoTLK Forever servers (which includes LFD/RDF) would remain consistently popular, and would stand in stark contrast to the ever dwindling population of Retail.

4 Likes

Bruh I’d be so down for RDF added in ICC phase. The issue is they said never

Letting people experience no-RDF Wrath is probably a good thing, it simply gets old flying to the Heroics after you’ve done each one potentially hundreds of times.

Doesn’t mean there isn’t a merit to flying there and grouping up for a while, but at the rate you want to do Heroics in wrath it does become the worst part of the general gameplay loop rather quickly.

5 Likes

You know maybe we should start adding all the retail features to classic that’ll fix the problem. /s

Most pro RDF people are like “It’s releasing 3.3.5 reee gimme RDF” and don’t care about that. It’s the same lazy instant gratification dopamine releasing sentiment that existed back in 2010 and ruined the game for most of the original subscribers. A simple google search will provide thousands of post and articles from back in 2009-2011 that are people upset about RDF.

1 Like

It’s not coming in ICC. So your argument is fake news, just like every anti-lfd fail statement.

2 Likes

I have personally looked into the Wayback posts for Wrath and can not agree on seeing “Thousands of posts and articles upset about RDF”.

Oddly, it was hardly talked about aside from people making jokes about how dumb pugs can be.

If you have a date on it that genuinely has thousands of articles complaining I’d love to see it

4 Likes

Can’t fail if you’re winning :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

Alright I’ve had enough of this troll. Ignore list grows by one more clown.

Blizz, that is the type of player you want?

1 Like

Well, you’re winning on the wrong team. This change will make Wrath worse, and the only reason we aren’t getting it is to save Dev allocation to keep it on Dragonflight. You’re kinda falling for their excuse when they say “It’s in the spirit of Classic.”

2 major cities being axed in WoD was “In the spirit of the lore”, they do this all the time and there’s always players that fall for it and think they’re being genuine. No, they’re axing features because they don’t have time.

5 Likes

The problem is using the way back machine. A simple google search is enough. You can go like 200 pages deep. Just google “LFD destroying wow community” or “LFD destroying mmo genre”

Unless they have changed it on beta, it was level 30.

Naw I’m talking about wotlk <3 because rdf belongs in wotlk <3

6 Likes

Sure, if you have a link to that it’s just fine, too. Keep in mind, you’re saying during Wrath these articles were made. I personally can’t find these articles with a google search.

2 Likes

Well they’ve already started, why stop now?

Player made issue. My entire guild be laughing at these RDF lazy bois and we been subbed for 3 years for classic Blizz ain’t gonna cater to casuals a second time and lose another million subs

I will say I used to think like you do on this, that was until I played PServer Wrath.

I would suggest checking out a No-RDF PServer for a bit if you can find one. They’re hard to find now because they all die and they add RDF to get the players back.

But after having played on 2 of them, I can tell you RDF was added to Wrath for a good reason, and the absence of it does not feel “Fun”. For a few weeks it was fine, but as these servers got a month or so in the same thing happened. People only ran H Gundrak, so we’d just get a massive group of people outside of Gundrak logging in, speedrunning Gundrak, logging to their next alt, repeating, etc. This was largely all you experienced in Heroics.

For a while I was joining the “Heroic trains”, but flying isn’t immersive like Vanilla transit is. You just auto-fly 10 times a day 7 days a week. I genuinely got sick of organizing groups 10 times a day and flying to each one so we could get to the content we actually wanted to play.

Anyways, I eventually changed my mind on it. They added RDF to Lordaeron and everyone came back and the experience was 10x better. Have been on their servers for years since.

Also it sounds like you couldn’t find those articles so you resorted to saying “My entire guild”, which is inductive reasoning and not really very helpful

7 Likes

Sounds like you found a guild full of equal minded people, you probably won’t even feel the need at all to use LFD, because you can just group up with your guildies and have a good time! I’m happy for you. But how does allowing others to find groups easier make your experience worse exactly?

13 Likes

Yea the private server crowd has been doing all they can to ruin classic since vanilla launch. They are the main ones responsible for the hyper min maxing currently in game and the intrusive amount of GDKP over pugs/msos. Blizzard should never cater to that crowd as they dgaf about the tos to begin with.

Actually Warmane players are hilariously bad. There wasn’t really a sweaty PServer scene outside of Vanilla. TBC servers were never well made and always died in a month, and Wrath servers people call themselves sweaty if they can clear modern content at all.

It’s a huge misunderstanding that people have that PServer players are all extreme meta players. They’re comically bad aside from Vanilla PServer enthusiasts, and Wrath Blackrock PvPers

Lordaeron had more serious players on average but Classic sweat still blows it out of the water

3 Likes