"RDF caused WoW to lose subs" argument

Lmao what? Then why did they put Joyous Journeys in the game???

Have you seen boosts going on lately? Yes?

That buff doesn’t affect levelling the same way as RDF would.

At the end of the day, if it wasn’t about the boosts, then they would put RDF in for 1-70 at the minimum, since their boost skips that content anyway.

RDF does not make leveling more fun. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

RDF would not cut into the number of people who are willing to pay Blizzard for boosts… but also, boosts are limited in Classic WoW.

You can only buy one boost per account.

Hmm… I consider leveling when i can mix dungeons in a lot more fun than solo leveling in the world.

1 Like

This 100% subjective.

Yes, it would. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this.

That’s true. However, that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong.

Here

That’s fair, to each their own. I don’t like dungeons, and spamming RDF dungeons has never been enjoyable for me as a method of leveling.

That doesn’t change the fact that you can literally only buy one boost per account in Classic. Making the whole “Blizzard doesn’t want to add RDF so they can sell boosts” argument pretty invalid.

How does it not? Lmao, we’re looking for a reason for why Blizzard doesn’t add in RDF here. YOU have claimed they won’t add in RDF because they want to sell boosts. But we can literally look and see that not only has Blizzard added a 50% joyous journeys buff to exp gains in direct counter to this idea that they’re looking to sell as many boosts as possible… they’ve also LIMITED the number of boosts anyone can buy to ONE.

So your argument that Blizzard wants to sell boosts and won’t include RDF because it’ll make players buy more boosts is in fact invalid.

1 Like

I agree.

Only blizz has the real info but we can speculate the data must be pretty convincing given their conviction.

It could be a “majority” don’t want it. Or it could be a “majority” do want it, but not enough to swing Blizzard’s decision. Perhaps they overlay that with other data to reach this conclusion. They have to weigh whether they will lose money. In reality, all these people on the forums are causing a lot of strife but they are still paying. Blizzard may know from history that this particular player base pays -because- they are unhappy. Sort of like addiction. Or maybe they want to flip their player base on its head and foster an environment for the other kind of players to return that built a more healthy community from the 'olden days.

…don’t get me wrong, WoW has never had a “good” community, but it was certainly different in a good way before.

Also possible but lets hope they don’t ruin the game again. There’s a chance they fork their old bad decisions and stick to their conviction. Why I have that hope is it would have been easier on them to announce they’d release it later; but they haven’t. They’ve said, “…it’s never coming…”. That’s awesome!

I like when people use specific design features, most of which are end game focused, when the majority of all the subs that ever existed never even made it close to the level cap.

Firstly, Joyous Journeys, to my knowledge, may not be in the game come Lich King’s launch. The boosts, however, will remain in the game, likely until Cataclysm releases (if they choose to do this)

This was not added as a direct-counter to any points - case in point, they added it to Retail, as well, and first, I may add.

The number of allowed boosts is irrelevant - the fact that Blizzard is allowing for any player, at any time, to skip the majority of content contradicts any reason to not allow for RDF to be in for at least 1-70.

Not to mention, the boosting nerfs coming out right around the time they released their own boost.

That wasn’t a secret

You mean only sending out a survey to a few selected individuals then claiming that is the majority? Blizzard knows that the Boost is the most hated thing, yet, we still have that. So why disinclude RDF for?

Yes, Joyous Journeys ends upon Wotlk Launch. Its still a feature that was put in the game right before a major expansion launch, at exactly the time when a majority of players were coming back to the game and would probably buy a boost if they were ever going to.

Blizzard off set this by bundling boosts into their not-an-expansion bundles so they could still re-sell wotlk to millions of returning players. That’s is what it is.

RDF would be for leveling alts. That’s what you’re trying to say here, right? How the heck is the number of allowed boosts irrelevant to that? You can only pay for one lvl 70, full stop. If you want any more alts, you have to level them up.

The people who are willing to shell out money for the one single boost they’re allowed to buy in Classic would not be stopped from shelling out that money by RDF being added to the game. RDF =/= the complete skipping of 1-70 that buying a boost provides.

If Blizzard was offering unrestricted access to as many boosts as everyone could want, then I MIGHT be willing to entertain the argument that they’re not adding RDF specifically to sell more boosts.

But they’ve literally restricted the number of boosts possible in Classic Wotlk. The argument just flat out doesn’t make any sense.

You don’t know what the most hated thing is. Blizzard might. They made this choice so you’re probably wrong.

Probably because it was a terrible decision and they don’t want to repeat past mistakes.

Yes, per a “World of Warcraft” account, not a BNet Account. You do know there is a way to evade the system if there is money involved.

Okay, I’ll try to break this down simpler for you.

• Blizzard states the community, and building relationships as one of their BIGGEST reasons to remove RDF from the game.
  • Blizzard sells a level 70 boost, which effectively skips about 75% of content
  • This means that a player can literally skip 75% of all team-building, relationship-building, community-building, etc., opportunities in the game.

This isn’t necessarily true either. For players on the lower-populated realms or factions, or players that have to play at 3am, they’ll feel more inclined to purchase a boost if RDF is NOT in the game because WITH RDF, they can still find groups.

Again, if Blizzard is okay having players literally skip 75% of content with their boost, why are they against RDF for 1-70? RDF provides a LOT more socialization for 1-70 than boosting does.

And I see this all the time. What source do you actually have to say RDF is a mistake?

Again, you are cherry picking what I said, So I’m going to quote me post, again.

Everything you are saying is cherry picking my words to suit w/e BS narrative to twist it like I think wrath is garbage without RDF, it’s not, I just find, again, that feature to be extremely beneficial to my playstyle. But it also benefits other players, when it comes to making a new character as well as an alt to get caught up to the point of doing entry level end game for p1.

You are literally doing what I said, control. And self-inserting yourself for that.

Okay sure, but the number of people who are going to pay for 5-6 different WoW subscriptions in order to be able to boost 5-6 lvl 70s feels pretty small in the grand scheme of things. And those people going that far to skip to end game also probably weren’t that inclined to use RDF instead of just throwing money at the problem via boosting.

But they’ll still only be able to do that once. So for any other alts they want to make, they’ll have to level them.

I don’t know why! That’s precisely what this conversation is about. I said I don’t know why Blizzard has chosen to keep out RDF. You’re convinced it’s because they want to sell more boosts. But if they want to sell more boosts, why are they restricting the number of boosts to 1 per account?!

My stance is that Boosts cannot be the reason Blizzard is refusing to put RDF in the game. There has to be other reasons for Blizzard to decide RDF is not a feature they want in Wotlk Classic. If Boosts were the only reason, they would let people buy as many Boosts as they want.

Make it make sense. Why does Blizzard not want to put RDF in Wotlk Classic? “To sell Boosts” is not a valid answer when they’ve gone out of their way to make it all but impossible to buy more than one boost.

• Several people have expressed that sentiment
  • I agree with that sentiment
  • Blizzard, the only entity with the data to make an informed choice, didn’t add it to the game in spite of all the toxic noise

I was disappointed the first time it was added. I can’t believe they are actually re-creating the environment before this error.