RCR - Tribunal

GMs don’t dish out the punishment, players do.

Why anyone would agree with this system baffles me.

wut? Did you even read my post…

There is.

Abuse happened, sure but it’s not “out of control” by any means. I’m fine with being able to do it will work perfectly fine if there is a Blizzard employee infracting people who make false reports, which is in their guidelines.

Here begins the cycle again of people asking for proof of RCR abuse, people providing said proof, it being called fake, and then the argument continuing for a few hundred posts until a new thread is made.

1 Like

The exact path you described was carved out by people who do bring forth fake proof of things.

Months ago, a person claimed that something was happening in the game and showed proof. Another person said it never happens and showed a screenshot that didn’t prove anything while saying “watch, someone will say this doesn’t prove anything”. They used that statement as their own alibi.

1 Like

Thank you for responding as I said you would. There is proof everyday, such as this recent post: So People are getting silenced for using Rare Share Addons
Of course, next you’ll say that this is irrelevant, and so the cycle continues.

1 Like

insert response about green onions and a hyperlink to the white house website

Watch, now you’re going to say this response has nothing to do with what you said.

See how that works? :slight_smile:

Sooooo, proof of what? That people were getting squelched for contributing to automated spam in public channels?

1 Like

I fail to see the abuse. The GM’s upheld the silences when they was appealed. Kinda hard to scream “abuse” if the GMs agreed with the reports.

Um? The guy said we should have “freedom of speech” in this online video game. Do you need it explained why that is meaningless? Freedom of speech only protects your speech from government censorship. It has nothing to do with private entities and spaces. It would also be weird to add a constitutional amendment to the ToS in a game.

Probably.

The ticket system generates an automated response and marks your ticket as Resolved several times before a person enters the picture. lol

1 Like

I got a better solution:
Step 1. Remove RCR
Step 2. Grow a thicker skin
Step 3. Profit.

4 Likes

+1 for your insight

1 Like

Ironically, right clicking to report spam has existed for a very long time in this game. It’s been in WoW longer than it hasn’t, and yes, it did silence you if too many people reported you. And this problem has never existed.

Right clicking to report has been in the game since 2007. When it was created, too many complaints would make your chat messages and mail not be able to be seen by anyone else. There’s no evidence that it’s EVER caused you to disconnect. So in 12 years we haven’t had these problems you’re all suddenly thinking of, but for classic, because some idiot with a webcam decided to intentionally abuse the system, you’re all convinced that now, it’s magically going to be this huge problem.

3 Likes

I have no desire for the “average” wow player to judge me in any capacity.

1 Like

You can try it right now in retail, do a couple bgs while complaining about the bad players on your team the whole time. You will get kicked, later after a few bgs you will be silenced, and experience the auto disconnect. You’re welcome.

So… let me tell you a story.

Back on darkspear we had a guild called “merciless midgets”. They were a dwarf and gnome only guild that had an entire purpose of griefing.

They called their guild master the “fuhrer” and they did everything they can to annoy people, much to the entertainment of everyone not in the general vicinity.

Like, it wouldn’t matter what item it was they would ninjaloot it and shout MM>ALL and hearth out. This got even more humorous when everyone on our server learned to not group with them, and they implemented xrealm dungeons and we would occasionally get posters on our forums trying to “inform” us of this trouble making guild.

Or someone would ask them for conjured bread and then they would conjure the lvl 5 bread and give it to them and refuse to give them lvl 60 bread.

They would also do things like have a horde player sit at a bridge in STV and then demand anyone crossing pay a toll. If they refused to pay, they would camp you mercilessly.

and then someone would go to the forums and complain about this guild, and we would all laugh at them because we were all fully aware of the joke.

None of this behavior is breaking the game, or exploiting. It’s all just using the actual rules of the game to cause grief. In my opinion, that is completely fine, creative, and entertaining. This is the type of people that gave soul to the game, and when you are unable to do weird things the game lost it’s luster.

I’m worried a right-click report would stop this sort of behavior that really isn’t breaking the rules.

I am worried about over-zealous application of force by the moderators by whiny people complaining about nothing.

Nowadays, literally anyone who played darkspear in vanilla thinks of MM with fond memories, but under current strict regulation by snowflakes, the great reich of the MM will not come to be.

2 Likes

But they were breaking the rules. The EULA said you needed to be 18 and over to play, not 12 years old. :grin:

1 Like

/e eats popcorn

Here we go again.

Why does something need to be out of control. the fact that it does in fact happen is a problem.

What people fail to understand is that, just because you don’t see it happen that often, does not mean it doesn’t. And even still, lets say it doesn’t happen that often, the fact that it doesn’t happen that often to millions of people does not need to be out of control for it to be a major problem.

I’m not sure why people always try and make excuses and justify something that is clearly a problem with the whole “It doesn’t happen that often” comment.

1 Like

Because outliers to a non-systemic problem are never priority.

3 Likes