RCR abuse leads players becoming seriously annoying

This is 100% false, again there are plenty of videos where people are showing conversations with live chat support and despite there being nothing wrong, the silence still gets upheld. This leads into eventually if you have enough strikes on your account (Regardless of the reason) Blizzard doesn’t even waste their time. You are seen as a rule breaker.

Apparently so. I just posted the examples of how far out of whack this system is with real examples so others reading this thread can be more informed of the situation.

What really gets me is that despite all the evidence to back up this system is a problem, it’s the people in topics like this who are finding anything and everything they can to defend and justify this poisonous system.

1 Like

You don’t have a clue how the systems work, holy moly.

1 Like

Told you…

The countless videos and forum posts that show everything that happen shows what is happening is a problem.

Yeah, you’re correct. I’m not even going to bother. This person is either a bot, or a troll. Anyone blatantly ignoring evidence is mind boggling.

Anyway I just replied to correct things people were saying I said and to post a few more situations that happened.

I’m going to go play now.

The system is abused, the proof is there, and people still don’t believe it.

There really isn’t anything further to say on this matter.

I’m not going to go over the entirety of your incorrect wall of text, I’ll just hit this one point to help you understand that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

World of Warcraft. May of 2007:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070528080211/http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/squelch.html

lol, you not even reading what was said.

1 Like

He’s already responding without even reading the link I posted.

2 Likes

Now he is trying to use the “Here is the link” defense. What’s in the link isn’t relevant to people abusing the system and how, and what is happening during appeals. The video evidence shows what is happening and he thinks positing a link to a page written by a company who lies, somehow matters.

Just stop replying to him, no sense in continuing to bang your head against a wall with a troll.

OP, I’m not in your corner on this…

There are two systems at play, one is automated, the other is not. The right-click report system and automatic squelch were introduced into World of Warcraft in May of 2007. The squelch is the mute you get when a number of unique player reports crosses a report/time threshold. The squelch is removed or upgraded into a silence after a GM reviews the reports and determines if they were justified or not.

The silence penalty system replaced the bans that a GM would issue for chat violations prior to its introduction in the Legion pre-patch in July of 2016.

Squelch is temporary and is applied automatically.
Silence doubles in duration every time a GM applies it manually.

2 Likes

He thinks posting a link to a page written by a company that blatantly lies, actually matters. The video eveidence and GM live chat recordings show how the system actually works which you can compare it to what he thinks.

This is like safety videos at work. What it says on the video is one thing, what actually happens is a totally separate issue.

Now the community flagged this a trolling.

The link is an archived page from 2007. Do you believe this company has been lying to you for 13 years?

Why are you here?

I see the original post has been shadowed already. That didn’t take long.

Despite it’s a rational discussion, some situations have been given with proof of wrong doing on Blizzards end, and there is nothing wrong, it still got flagged.

I bet the flag will still be upheld by the person reviewing it.

Funny how the systems Delimicus is being shown to go against what he is claiming.

1 Like

Sorry, the community here disagrees with you, and flagging your post is just them showing you the door out.

2 Likes

There is nothing rational about denying facts and an inability to differentiate between two systems, sorry.

It’s not a rational discussion, it a rant on a soapbox in Trafalgar Square. A discussion requires at least 2 parties, and you have made it quite apparent that you are not listening to anyone.

1 Like

No one ever said anything about 2 systems mor how they work all your reply proves is you didn’t read anything in here. This topic was about PEOPLE ABSUING THE SYSTEM along with proof, which you ignored.

According to your own statements everyone who flagged this topic should be being punished. That is what you said about people false flagging.

Furthermore
Disagreement doesn’t give the excuse to weaponize a system against someone. Which is the entire point to this. This topic Proves the system you defend is being abused.

1 Like

Huh? Uhh, could you link me where I said that?

The link you posted to how the system works…It has a section off of it that explains what happens to people who abuse the system. Linking that page automatically includes what happens to abusers as it’s all part of one system. You cannot disregard something involved in that link that is part of it.

You don’t get to decide what is, or isn’t rational or what a rant is. Nor does anyone else.

I can say it’s not a rant any more than you can say it is but you be right and me be wrong. The fact you are trying to use mass agreement to justify abusing a flagging system for what reason.

No one said you have to agree or like anything, but this is about people weaponizing a system through abuse.

You and a bunch of others thinking or saying it’s a rant, doesn’t make it one, that is your opinion, and you’re entitled to it

Flagging a post so it gets hidden because YOU THINK it’s some form of rant is abuse so you drown out anything you dislike or agree with is exactly what the entire point to this topic is.

You all weaponized a system to shut someone up because YOU DISLIKE what they say, with attempts at justification of weaponizing drowning someone out.

2 Likes