RCR abuse leads players becoming seriously annoying

If I decide it’s a rant, it’s my opinion, and I am allowed to voice it as much as you are allowed to voice yours. If you think I violated the forum rules, go right ahead and flag my post.

GL, my friend LOL

2 Likes

Um … no. It was TBC. That was when I created my second account, specifically to get the zhevra reward.

In vanilla, the WOW box came with a code to create a full account, and a card with a trial code. The length of the trial changed over time, but I’m pretty sure when my son and I started it was 10 days.

I don’t think you’d have much luck asking Blizzard for that, though. The single account accesses both Retail and Classic, and they offer a free trial (what they call Starter Edition, which has limitations on chat, trade, max gold, etc.) for Retail. It would be tricky coding to try to put a one-time 10-day trial on Classic when Retail can switch on and off.

No 2 different things.

1 Like

Hey OP, wanna stop getting silenced? Stop arguing in circles while in the game. You obviously do, you’ve done it here. That activity floods the channel with insignificant nonsense that interferes with those of us playing the game.

And I’m not leaving any channel when there’s an easy way to shut you up. It depends on how heated, or the topic, weather I use ignore or report. Bullying or political crap gets you reported every single time.

4 Likes

Wrong. I report to Blizzard a violation of what we all agree to when we make an account/play. I don’t actually care about profanity myself, but I’m an adult who has control of my fingers, and when I Agree to conditions on the language I use, I live up to my agreement.

And you misread. I “use” the filter. (More that I lazily never turned it off, but I see strings of symbols rather than the words actually used, even if context makes the words obvious.) I report what was caught by the mature language filter, because:

1 Like

5/10

You had a few nibbles…

The length of time you have a chat window open in no way has bearing on the frequency that you are RCR’ed.

It sounds like you joined in on a social argument in a channel that such things should not happen (I do not recall you stating which public channel it was, I am assuming it was trade or LFG or something), and you caught collateral damage from those who grew sick of the spam.

It is a system that has been in place in WoW since 2007.

You were squelched, not silenced. Only a GM can do the latter.
I suspect at this point that you have a chronic chat problem, and likely deserve the squelches and subsequent silences you receive.

3 Likes

This read was like “Dear diary”… lol.

Oh, this is the guy. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

LOL
Fliction’s Greatest Misses

This must be why it’s impossible to rcr with literally any addons enabled.

That’s not actually a good thing. Mob justice is banned in most civilized countries for a reason.

I’ve been playing for some time now, and I don’t know of anyone who’s been a victim of malicious RCR or anything similar. The people I know who received account suspensions have always done something to warrant the penalty.

What this boils down to: If you’re gonna be dumb, you’ve gotta be tough.

2 Likes

Considering how you behaved about the Talondeep Path and the access to the Barrens from Ashenvale, calling us liars, not surprised you got reported. You’re extremely rude and aggressive. Learn to calm down and take a breather. Not all of us are against you.

That’s interesting, since

As you have stated, you are not going to help anyone. You keep chat turned off, so no one can ask you for help, and you are unable to respond to a call for help.

So, why would you expect anyone to help you?

hmm, Rolled Car Racer system? No idea and no, you don’t need to explain it, after this sentence I stopped reading. If you want people to understand what it is you’re posting on a forum then you should explain what it is you’re talking about…

Nah, he’s more interested in tearing us all down, instead. After he created this post, he was screaming at everybody and calling everybody a “liar” about the Talondeep Path tunnel. Even a Poster created a level one Nelf to show him, where it was, but he was too busy jumping cliffs, on Ashenvale trying to get to Stonetalon Mountains. I can see why the OP got RCR’d. He just simply is constantly on the attack, even though a bunch of us were trying to help him find something as simple as the Talondeep Path.

That’s hilarious. The backfire effect is truly amazing.