RBG Solo - Unable to Duo Queue

Cool, saying things are false from a position of ignorance is always a good move.

You sound like a forum dictator

Interesting. I would imagine that most people think that I am trying to be helpful here.

I simply stated the fact that’s happening on my end

That is not what you did. If you had simply done that I would have said, “interesting that it is selectively effecting different people” which is useful for trying to figure out exactly what is happening while also making it a more complex issue.

1 Like

That does sound like a fancy sentence there ngl :slightly_smiling_face: so yeah you are absolutely right. My apologizes.

2 Likes

Cool. Apology accepted. :+1:

3 Likes

It’s clearly happening to people as this isn’t the only thread and there’s obvious, video evidence. How is this helping?

1 Like

Thank you for the testing.

And the warning. I guess I’ll refrain from duo queuing for the time being.

3 Likes

I solo queued 4-5 games yesterday, played a few duo queue with my evoker friend for 2 ish games, then he swapped to warrior for a game or two, then it stopped working. Weird that it would work and randomly stop

1 Like

Yeah, there seems to be a main pattern but with some inexplicable outliers.

1 Like

I don’t understand the point of having a format called Solo Queue and then letting people queue up together. Why not just have 2 separate brackets like with Arena?

Blizzard Devs fixed it. Duo Queue for healers

Player-versus-Player
Malicia and Field Master Emberath now correctly offer their Dragonflight Season 4 War Mode equipment until the launch of War Within.
Resolved an issue that sometimes prevented healers from being able to duo queue in Rated Battleground Blitz.

3 Likes

Cool, pretty quick too.

3 Likes

:cake: for everyone!

2 Likes

Ideally, it would have been a solo queue for everyone.

However, after seeing what happened in RSS, Blizzard is concerned about DPS queue times. (They probably looked at their internal data for PvP participation and saw that the ratio of healers was too low.)

So, they’re finding out if a duo queue perk for healers significantly increases the number of healers in the queue.

2 Likes

To your point about non-recoverability. Me and my friends were able to recover, but the steps to recover are not clear. In the specific instance, my best guess is that our MMR happened to align (I think the bug is related to MMR) after queueing enough. Just wanted to post this here for clarity about the bug

I’m still getting the issue on some of my characters. My rdruid is 1630 cr and cannot queue with fresh characters for instance (that seems like a good design choice, but there’s no message indicating why I cannot queue with other DPS)

Update: I was able to queue with my friend on my rdruid who had basically fresh CR (1 win). I’d say this seems fixed, but I did notice it not working with a friend who had 0 CR.

Great video btw

1 Like

Any update in this?

I thought they claimed to have fixed it in a hotfix on the 25th?

They did. Is it still not working?

Not at my computer. But I wanna make plays to duo queue.

Hrm, they said they hotfixed the issue. I haven’t tried to duo queue with a healer in a few days because my (ownership claimed) healer hates me or something. :wink:

Update: I was able to queue with my friend on my rdruid who had basically fresh CR (1 win). I’d say this seems fixed, but I did notice it not working with a friend who had 0 CR.

Hmmmm.