RBG Solo - Unable to Duo Queue

Off topic, but, just to clear this up…

All your toons are in your warband, the 4 favorites are just favorites, they aren’t a warband within your other toons.

1 Like

This was also a bug on BETA that I personally encountered about a month ago. It seems totally random which characters were effected or not.

That is, I was able to duo queue with my friend on some characters but not others and there was no obvious pattern as to why. Good to see it hasn’t been fixed, heh.

edit: Who could queue together and who couldn’t was persistent/permanent.

edit2: Ah, I see Melkeor already replied. He is the healer I wasn’t able to queue with on some of my character on BETA.

2 Likes

Nah, that doesn’t matter for rated. My horde Hunter friend and I queued 4 games together tonight.

1 Like

Ah I didn’t realize. Thanks for clarifying!

I cant believe bobby did this to us. Please blizzard fix game. need duo que yesterday. plz plz. halp

1 Like

Hey guys, I was able to queue with my main and my friend’s alt (who were previously unable to queue together) It APPEARS as though this may have something to do with CR. We were able to queue blitz together when our CR was the same. I have not yet tested this on other characters, but I have alot of characters, so I can vary the CR considerably and do a bunch of tests. I will report what I find in these two threads.

edit: It might not be CR. When I first attempted to queue, I had lost 2 games. Those 2 games awarded me 0 CR of course. I then attempted to queue with my friend who also had 0 CR but had not queued yet. It might be a problem where MMR is what needs to be exactly the same.

2 Likes

I did some more testing as well. I was not able to queue on healer with 0 matches played with 3 of my guildmates’ DPS characters that had >1 win and multiple matches.

I tried multiple healers (I have 6) with my guildmate’s DPS, none of them were able to successfully queue together (with his characters with CR/MMR from previous matches).

When we did find a DPS who was able to queue with my healer, we played 1 match, which happened to be a win. After that win, my healer who was previously able to successfully queue with SOME of his DPS was no longer able to queue with any other character than the character the duo queued with.

Also, switching specs seemed to have an effect which reinforces the theory that this has something to do with CR/MMR.

2 Likes

Stick with that duo 100%. If you mix and match you will likely not be able to queue together again. For example, if you queue with someone else, the next time you try to queue with the hunter it won’t work. We tested that exact scenario.

2 Likes

This might be some kind of MMR check that is trying to prevent a healer boosting a DPS but it is severely broken.

1 Like

Another interesting thing. I was not able to duo queue with a fresh healer on my assassination rogue who had a sRBG win… BUT, when I switched to outlaw rogue (with zero games played on that spec) I was able to queue with that same healer.

We tested this across several combinations with high consistency to the point where we were able to determine would get the queue together and who wouldn’t.

We verified that CR was not blocking the queue, so it might be mismatched MMR but at a ridiculous tight restriction.

1 Like

BBBBLLLLLLIIIIIZZZZAAAARRRRRDDDDDD!!! yes this is a complete sentence

1 Like

We verified that it wasn’t CR as well with some recent tests. We had 2 characters with non-zero CR that lined up exactly who were unable to queue together. Their MMR would have been different though.

This is the kind of stuff that you end up with when a PvP mode is only tested for 1 hour on Beta and you can’t get enough people to queue outside of the Q with the Blues events.

2 Likes

That’s no problem. We’re hyper excited about RBGB and reserved our toons for each other. Lol

I hope they fix that bug, though. That sucks. I’d have been pretty upset if we hadn’t been able to play tonight.

1 Like

DUO QUEUE BUG video to let you know what to avoid until it gets fixed (and to hopefully help the devs figure out what is causing the bug).

1 Like

Hi there!
This is Seal Team Blizz. We have read your request and we wanted to let you know that we have denied fixing anything regarding duo ques because we don’t give a dang about PvP or any of you little people. Make sure you pre-order the upcoming expansion so you can waste more money on part of the game we really don’t care about.

Soul - Head of the We-Don’t-Care Committee

False. I have duo-qued with 6 different people so far since day 1 and was able to get in all games with no issue at all.

Lol…watch the video. It happens. Multiple people on the official forums and WorldofPvP are reporting this issue…

Just because it hasn’t happened to you doesn’t mean it isn’t happening…

1 Like

Did the role select pop up?

I have an addon that will auto select my role based on what I have it set to for queued content. If you do as well it might be set to dps for whoever is playing healer.

1 Like

Role choice for the healer was not the issue, at least in my case.

2 Likes