Ray Stevenson Passed Away at 58

It was just announced that Ray Stevenson just passed away at the age of 58. No reason was given. What a shocker!

RIP

MCU Star Ray Stevenson Dead At 58 (msn.com)

2 Likes

Googled him and still don’t know who it is…

6 Likes

Who?

9 Likes

He played in Thor I think.

Oh I will grieve over the passing of Literal Who #171451528458452 throughout time. They did many tremendous feats such as -generic achievement here- and were a -positive adjective here- -profession here- and had such an impact upon my life, oh how I shall miss them.

6 Likes

Wow. So young. :slightly_frowning_face:

Wonder what will happen with Ahsoka now.

2 Likes

I swear some of y’all on here really cannot help but show your bare bottoms any chance you can get huh?

RIP though, so sad to see someone go so young.

3 Likes

I want to say he played Odin in the Thor movies.

He first popped up on my radar when he played Titus Pullo in HBO’s Rome series.

2 Likes

58 is very solidly on the latter half of line side of things. Kids in their single digit ages are a travesty. 58 may not be the death knell it once was, but it’s plenty old enough to have lived a full life and to see kids fully grown and even being well on your way into being a grandparent and seeing them grown too.

I did a quick google search and for a “MCU star” and me being a pretty well versed marvel content connoisseur, I can’t picture the guy so we’re talking like a notch or 2 above extra status here. Still, I hope however he went, it was quick and painless.

2 Likes

I think it’s weird we mourn the deaths of people more if they choose certain career paths. Especially ones that aren’t particularly selfless or anything.

He played Volstagg in Thor, one of Thor’s companions. He also played Frank Castle in the Punisher remake though the movie didn’t do very well.

2 Likes

If you said 70ish, sure. But no. 58 is still young.

I think you need to go read his full bio. There’s really no reason for the dismissive nature.

1 Like

I remember him as the hitman from one of the seasons of Dexter.

He plays that new bad guy in the upcoming Ahsoka show.

RIP Ray

1 Like

Well, hopefully his character in that wasn’t planned to move past season one.

Big sad to see Titus Pullo pass on though :frowning:

He played my second favorite punisher too

1 Like

I think it’s okay for people to be sad about the loss of a life— any life. Their career doesn’t change that. We just hear about it more openly.

2 Likes

Yea I had seen that as well. I wonder if they finished filming before he passed. Geez.

He played Volstagg, part of the Warriors Three.

He also played Frank Castle in Punisher: War Zone and Blackbeard in Black Sails.

I’m pretty sure they’re in post production stages since it’s due out in August.